Mayhem Missions Set In the Rogue Isles

tidge

I don't know where we stand on getting new 'mission' content, but I think it might be fun to have Mayhem (and Safeguard I suppose) missions set in the Rogue Isles. We'd need to have some instanced maps based on Rogue Isle zones, and the maps would have to be populated with objects... but for the most part the core ideas of the existing Safeguard/Mayhem missions could be ported over.

Personally my Villains just want to blow up stuff in the Rogue Isles, but if they had to do some minor 'heroic' stuff I guess it would be ok... for a price! I'm not sure the Heroes should commit to destroying things....

• Like 2

@Vanden I mean, honestly, that's a majority of what villains do anyway? Most missions are still set in the Rogue Isles, and not all of them involve you playing nice with Arachnos even in CoV launch content, and more than a bit of stuff can involve laying waste to parts of the isles unnecessarily. Plus, you've see St. Martial and Mercy look? half of those islands are trashed. And then there's Grandville's lower city area.

• Like 1

Honestly, if I had Infinite Time and other magic wands..... well ... first, I'd ensure I could retire filthy stinking rich in real life.... but after that.... I'd probably eliminate Arachnos entirely.  Like zorch it out completely.  Make the Rogue isles more of a No-Man's land of multiple balanced villain factions where your character plays them against each other and gradually claims areas of power for yourself. 

I get that they wanted a "Dark Reflection" of City of Heroes. I get that they wanted to have their own Doctor Doom nemesis to Statesman.

But as implemented, the City of Lackeys feel in the low levels of City of Villains is very much offputting. 

I'd love it a heck of a lot more if certain areas were under Council control, others Family Control, others ruled by Crey, others by the Tsoo, each with some new Big Bads in each faction, rather than Recluse and the Patrons. 

But, no magic do-overs.

• Like 1