Weekly Discussion 67: Build your own Epic Pool Power!

GM Miss

1 hour ago, FoulVileTerror said:

@BurtHutt . . . that typo at the end of your third sentence in the second post . . . 

Oof.   Suppressing that laugh hurt.  I think I sprained an internal muscle.

Buuuuut . . . a Sidekick-(Hench)Pet System would be pretty awesome, but I'm not sure Pool Powers (Epic or otherwise) is necessarily the place for it.  I'd suggest it as a whole independent system unto itself.

Oh yes, I caught it and did jump back on to edit. Whoooops!!!! lol 

Yes, I think the SIDEKICK system should be a separate thing too but I don't know if the Dev team is large enough to implement a new system like that. My original thought was to have the toon complete an arc that made them so heroic or so infamous that someone would want that toon as a mentor. Then it would unlock the SIDEKICK power pool. I'd be just as happy to have it as a larger than average power pool option which unlocks at level 25. As long as the actual power itself is fun and an enticing option.

There are so many good options here on this topic, I'd almost want to remove the limit on the number of power pools you can access.

• Like 1

there's honestly not much I can throw into this thread that isn't covered in the tyrannical thread linked. My only slight objection to their take on my idea of SoAs getting APPs is them drawing from separate pools, but ultimately that's a bit of me wanting to let soldiers explore their own latent psychic potential from their arachnos training while letting fortunata pick up a pistol and blast someone in the face. I started an idea for Kheldian APPs similarly, but I think in hindsight a good Kheldian APP set would basically be options to help one specialize in their forms further, perhaps?

Hmm, I am looking at maybe a Patron Power Pool with Wretch / Dr. Aeon? If Wretch, Super Strength/Invlunerability type powers; if Dr. Aeon, Energy/FF type powers. Either way, finish with Summoning Arachnoids? Or possibly Drones for Dr. Aeon?

Edited by Zepp

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation