Giving both primary powers.

Seravajan

Because when you hit level 2 in all of 5 minutes you now can access that power.  And at 4 you now have 3.  So on and so on.

On the flipside a tank with 2 defense powers is not getting use out of them as you can solo the first 5 levels with only sprint running.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Assuming you're not increasing the total number of power picks, no thanks. I frequently skip the tier one power and forcing it on me makes me lose another pick later.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

The Origin based Temp Power that all Characters get, was given to help fill out the attack chain at lower levels. The Blackwand, Nemsis Staff, and other temp powers can also help fill the hole. 

If you haven't picked those up from the P2W for free, you should try that!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Baney said:

The Origin based Temp Power that all Characters get, was given to help fill out the attack chain at lower levels. The Blackwand, Nemsis Staff, and other temp powers can also help fill the hole. 

If you haven't picked those up from the P2W for free, you should try that!

I don't think ANY of my characters use Nemesis Staff, or likely ever will. 

Goes against character concept too much, regardless of whether it may be effective.  None of them have any reason to a giant staff with a gear on it shooting force bolts.

My magic Villains do use Blackwand. I could use Blackwand on a Dark-Based hero as well. But the graphics are just wrong most of my heroes.  

I know  short term "what you use while levelling" is completely 100% irrelevant to many people. And that's fine for them. 

For me, concept is absolutely 100% king, and inviolate.

the origin-based things like Throwing Knives / Taser / Apprentice Charm, etc, I can pretty much always fit ONE of them in. It's not always the one for that characters origin, but one of them will typically mesh plausibly enough with whoever I've rolled up.

That said, I don't see any reason to change the current power selection scheme, either.

13 hours ago, Uun said:

Assuming you're not increasing the total number of power picks, no thanks. I frequently skip the tier one power and forcing it on me makes me lose another pick later.

You will start and end with that one power more than yet. You need not to waste or lose anything. 

On 9/8/2020 at 9:20 AM, Seravajan said:

At creation of a hero we can choose one of the two first powers from the primary powers. 

My suggestion: Why not just give both? It would make the lower levels more convenient while do not have any impact on higher levels. 

1. To my best knowledge the power progression is hardcoded. I trust the HC team to be able to make changes to that, but that would be considerable work, touching other systems too, for not much gain, considering how long a toon spends time in low levels.

2. The last part of your statement (which I marked bold in the quote) is wrong as soon as IOs are considered. An additional free power pick & slot where I can mule a global, 3-slot Thunderstrike or maybe Eradication may not seem like much to you, but it's gold in the hands of an avid min-maxer.

It would be stretching out the number of slots we have across more powers, plus an extra free slot. It's a bigger impact than you might be imagining.

I, for one, have enough trouble deciding what to do with all of the power picks.

Edited by Lines