New Dev's Choice Selection (September 12th): Dark Deeds in Galaxy City & Robolution

Arcanum

• City Council

Hi everyone!

First of all, as always, I thoroughly enjoy all of the content you guys are creating! We really enjoy playing through all of them and seeing all the creative stories you guys come up with. Having said that, we've selected some more story arcs for Dev's Choice that we really enjoyed!

The author(s) will receive 1,000 Reward Merits and a Golden Title. I will be in contact with you shortly regarding your rewards!

Please keep in mind if you have previously submitted an arc it is still a potential Dev's contender, we have not yet been able to review them all and are working on an active list. We will continue to update you on selected arcs, so check back often!

Any previously awarded "Dev's Choice" arcs, will be moved to "Hall of Fame". After testing the current selection, be sure to filter for these to checkout some other great arcs!

Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One

• Arc ID: 26756
  • Created by: @Darmian
  • Number of Missions: 5
  • Level Range: 25-50
  • Description: "Galaxy City lies in ruins. Parts still burn. So many casualties in the attack.  So many refugees.  And there in the heart of the fire, taking advantage of the situation rather than helping, Arachnos.  And now, moving through the rubble they return, seeking something."

Dev Review: "This was an incredibly fun arc involving Time Travel, good looking villains, and a fun group of heroes! Join Madame Maven and her Supergroup, The Meteors as they attempt to thwart Arachnos's devious plans. The arc makes you feel like you're jumping into the adventures of a Saturday Morning Cartoon - and that cliff hanger! Be sure to check out this first part in a large series of work by the author, you won't be disappointed!"

Robolution

• Arc ID: 25870
  • Created by: @Ankylosaur
  • Number of Missions: 5
  • Level Range: 25 - 34
  • Description: "Orb Waver Zane has left you a message. He wants to speak with you about a mission to recover stolen Arachnos technology.  It's never a good idea to ignore an Orb Weaver, is it? (This takes place after the events of the Ernesto Hess Task Force.) [SFMA] Designed to be soloed with provided allies. 

Dev Review:  "A compelling story of militarized arms dealers, this is a tale of competing organizations and the lengths each will go to succeed in their nefarious goals.  Get ready for plot twists as you unravel the mystery of the stolen tech."

Check out these arcs and let us know what you think! 

Special thank you to all the GMs and Admins that help us test out each of these arcs! Your time is incredibly appreciated.

Additionally, if you have any arcs to review for Dev's Choice fell free to message them to myself or @GM Sparky via Forum Message or Discord. You can also post any recommended arcs for us to review here: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Jimmy featured this topic

Ran them both. Both are deserving recipients. Grats all around!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Thanks so much! Thrilled to have Robolution called out - the resulting extra plays are the best gift al!l

Thanks again for keeping Dev's Choice going. It's got to be a lot of work to play through and evaluate all the submissions.

(And I encourage everyone to check out other arcs in AE too if you want to explore unique stories. The Mission Architect part of the forums is a great place to look for new content to try out if you want a story you have never run with your toon before! You can also search for [SFMA] in AE to find Story Focused Mission Arcs.)

Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Like 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Sunday is my day to play COH and it was great.  I see more parts and a DarkER deeds.... series to run next weekend.

• Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Delighted to have been chosen!  I just hope people have as much fun playing as I had writing.

Just as a matter of interest, you can see Madame Maven and her team chatting to the press all around Atlas Plaza and City Hall.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 9/14/2020 at 11:58 AM, duane said:

Sunday is my day to play COH and it was great.  I see more parts and a DarkER deeds.... series to run next weekend.

Delighted to hear that. Had immense fun writing them. And... cue advertising jingle... there's a third series as well. Darkest Before Dawn.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 9/14/2020 at 11:58 AM, duane said:

I must ask!  If you've done Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two...how did the second mission go?

On 9/20/2020 at 11:50 PM, Darmian said:

I must ask!  If you've done Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two...how did the second mission go?

I started and I liked but time ran out and this last sunday I had little time online. 

I was not sure how the two were related,  I really want to start fresh and hopefully no calls to interrupt next time!

I do say I like the writing.   Very brief, to the point and little descriptors.   I have tried to write these AE arcs and I find the character count limitation too small.  However I am always remended to write for the reader and not the writer.  Players want the skinny not the verbose.   No one really wants to read War and Peace in an AE.

I am going to look for more AE content.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

5 hours ago, duane said:

I started and I liked but time ran out and this last sunday I had little time online. 

I was not sure how the two were related,  I really want to start fresh and hopefully no calls to interrupt next time!

I do say I like the writing.   Very brief, to the point and little descriptors.   I have tried to write these AE arcs and I find the character count limitation too small.  However I am always remended to write for the reader and not the writer.  Players want the skinny not the verbose.   No one really wants to read War and Peace in an AE.

I am going to look for more AE content.

Ah, the character count!  A bane to writers, especially since it counts formatting as characters!  So be sure to only format AFTER you've got all your text in, that way you can go over the limit, kinda,  Hope you enjoy it when you get back to it.

As for how the two are related?  

Spoiler

At the start of Part One you discover a bag of bones, which Azuria verifies as belonging to Ghost Widow, but the skull is missing! At the end of episode 5 you meet Ghost Widow who tells you that she will call on you.  And Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two has her doing just that.  She wants her "personal property" back, and she wants to clean house with this weird time travelling Arachnos faction, that still has her skull! Not to mention that a hanging thread from Part One is a still missing member of the Meteors, Halox Von Horn, the archer. Hope that helps!

[As an aside if you visit the Freedom Corps building in Galaxy City you can actually see Ghost Widow's bones there.]

Edited by Darmian

• City Council

Love all the encouragement and feedback! Don't forget, if there any arcs you'd like to sub as a potential Dev's Choice Arc, you can do so here!

I continue to look forward to reviewing all the incredible content everyone's creating.

• Like 1

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Ok, the COH community on here is just great.  You know when you've had one of THOSE days, and then you come home and log on to find this waiting for you.  Cheered me up no end! (But I still want to see what the Homecoming team do!)

Edited by Darmian