Biggest changes from when game was live?

ThePixelsGeek

Just started back up 2 days ago and I noticed at level 4 I can choose any fast travel option I want. If I remember correctly, on live you only could pick hover at first and did not get fly until level 20 or something like that. I'm glad this changed because who doesn't want those powers right away. But it got me thinking, what other quality of life changes have been made? I feel like I'm racking in money and enhancement way easier then back in the day. Are these just to remove the grind aspect before the real fun starts? 

The travel power change happened in Issue 21, over a year before the game shut down. You'd probably have the best luck reading up on patch notes on the Homecoming Wiki, linked at the top of each forum page.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Most significant ones, in my opinion:

• All TFs are now (theoretically) soloable as no clickies have to be done simultaneously any more. I think this trivialises some things but makes sense for others. 
  • P2W vendor makes a lot of things easier to come by for the average player. 
  • Auction house prices are waaaaaay lower, meaning IOs are cheaper, meaning that there has been a very accessible power creep that has caused problems with the lack of very difficult content.
  • Null the Gull lets you swap alignments freely. 
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Before sunset, on some of my less frequently visited servers, I had to beg people to join small SGs I had made their so I could pay the rent to enter them and demorecord the bases for posterity.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291