Assassin's Strike missing from hide

RichVR

Missing used to break you from hide and left you with your pants down. Also, now that we can AS without hide, that opening miss doesn't hurt so much. I think trying to make it auto hit would make all other players scream foul in PvP. With set bonuses, you shouldn't miss often enough for it to be a big deal.

On one hand: Yeah, there's absolutely nothing wrong with an auto-hit in PvE when using AS during Hide. There are seperate rules in place for how Stalker powers work in PvP including being unable to crit from hide unless the foe is mezzed, so that is not an issue.

The other hand: While it's super annoying to miss, it's true there's no penalty aside from time lost for missing. One can only minimise this by getting as much recharge as you can involved so you can make your next attempt faster.

Well it's annoying but I just see it as those are the breaks. If it was autohit would it work on purples? Would it only work on things that were within a certain range or if you had a certain level of tohit/accuracy going? Would it apply in the middle of a hot combat if you used Placate to rehide?

Messing with it just seems like opening up a can of worms. I just tend to use a yellow inspiration if it's really important.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Missing AS from hide used to suck a lot worse.

It's NBD, it recharges fast on miss so you can try again,  but it's not autohit because:

A.) From hide, it does critical and partially UNRESISTABLE damage

B.) It doesn't unhide you now if you flub it

C.) No free lunches on Higher-level targets.

Level 50 with sets + it's higher innate accuracy a Built-up AS almost never misses and will typically hit even 54 AV's that have popped defense-capping ultimates. so missing, especially at low levels, really isn't that big of a deal.