Positioning of cosmetic pet?

Jacktar

Hi, spend a fair amount of time ingame and solo and when doing so I like my pet with me for company.

However is there anyway to have it walk/run by my side and not a fair way away behind me?

A much shorter leash distance before they start to follow would be great so they are at heel.

Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks

In Pokemon Go, rather than following you, some of the Pokemon (like Eevee) will ride on your shoulder.  🙂

But I guess we have the shoulder panda for that.  We need a shoulder parrot.  Did we ever get a parrot?  The pirate temp costume power has a shoulder parrot.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 10/20/2020 at 2:43 PM, Black Zot said:

Definitely need more shoulder pet options.  Maybe in their own dedicated slot so they're not conflicting with so many options otherwise.

It would be an annoying bit to code, but removing the shoulder pets from the costume editor and changing the way that the noncombat pets worked to give them a defined 'place' relative to the character, so you could, say, get a parrot as a pet that would sit on your shoulder if you were standing, but flew after you if you were running, flying, etc., or a kitten that sat on your shoulder that would get knocked off if you went down (kb/defeat/etc.), and would run back to jump up to your shoulder again when you got up, would make for a much wider variability in pets. There's a bunch of places where something like that would have to tie into the code, and I don't know how much work it would take to find them all.