Anime addition

Bursurkur

Just came back from a long while.  Seems like all the costumes are still the same.  

I think CoH/CoV is long overdue for some Anime faces and hairs.  That would definitely bring some fresh and exciting looks into the game and probably bring new interests too.  Just a thought.

• Thanks 1

I -believe- that it was Issue 15 ( https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Issue_15 ) when they added the "anime-inspired" faces.

That was as close as the Legacy Devs originally seemed to want to get to anime, at first.

And then the mecha costume pieces were added some time later (probably after 2010).

No idea what the current Devs' plans may be in this regard, but I imagine there would be quite the split vote among some players.

I believe many of the "young" faces were added when they launched CoH in Asia, (Korea?).  They seem to have larger eyes than some of the other faces, though that may just be due to them trying to portray a more youthful look.  Still, I'm all for more face options, (though how fitting various anime styles would be to the CoH design aesthetic is up for debate).

To be fair Anime is a wide ranging and diverse genre. If you mean some realistically proportioned

doe-eyed youthful faces, then sure, more options are a good thing but if you are talking about

the more than beyond the pale anime styles with eyes that take up ½ of the face, a barely

there nose with no nostrils and a tiny letter D rotated 90 degrees for a mouth then

I would be in the "no" camp. It would be outstanding in all the wrong ways.

By way of example just compare my current avatar to Biostem's.

While I love the look of it I would never want to see mine as an option in the CC.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Yeah I'm not talking about eyes that took up half the face.  Just more youthful and clean faces.  More along the line of the Final Fantasy VII remake or the new Chinese 3D animations.  Most of the current face and hair selection are pretty bad.  Most of them I don't think were ever chosen by players when they build their characters.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, honoroit said:

young face 5, or completely obscured, if human. 

If we could have one thing tho... It'd be proper robes. Would be such fun to play a CoT earth magey character. 

On 10/30/2020 at 12:37 AM, honoroit said:

If we could have a boars head, I'd be so happy. And dual blades would be instant meta.

That should be doable. We have many animal heads already. Get a decent ref photo and add it to the costume pieces request thread.

As for the Circle of Thorns most of their costume pieces already exist in the CC. More robes are a good idea though.

Again you could suggest it the thread made for that purpose. It's this one here. 

16 hours ago, Bursurkur said:

Yeah I'm not talking about eyes that took up half the face.  Just more youthful and clean faces.  More along the line of the Final Fantasy VII remake or the new Chinese 3D animations.  Most of the current face and hair selection are pretty bad.  Most of them I don't think were ever chosen by players when they build their characters.

Well with no examples of what you meant given you can see why some people would be wary of that suggestion.

More youthful faces are a fine idea, find some ref pics and suggest it in the costume request thread.

I'm sure the devs poke their head in there every once in a while.

Also if no one else has said it yet welcome back. Glad you found your way home. zb7XgP0P_o.png

I do have to disagree with your last point though I use almost all the faces available (except for the villain ones because I don't ever play villains)

including the youthful, old, robot, alien an even the animal heads. Just take a peak through the "Post your best costume"

thread and you will see all kinds of creative ways people use the various faces. Just because you

haven't found a good use for them yet doesn't mean others haven't either.

Edited by Christopher Robin

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png