Too many Ebil marketers...

Troyusrex

It almost doesn't pay to be ebil anymore, given how many ebil-er marketers are out there! I've been stocking up on rare salvage since August 1st with the idea of crashing the market and filing every bid. I figured I'd need 25K to handle it. I was going to do it some late night when I couldn't sleep, but this morning I saw this: 

image.png.3746683437a05242c31e509bd5314f92.png

I had well over 20K stocked already, and I was pretty bored, so I decided to just dump them all now. I usually take a few hours to set something like this up for maximum efficiency, but even with a more haphazard approach I seem to have totally overwhelmed the market servers (almost a half hour after I hit the last "post" they have not all sold).

Anyway, I gave up after about 12K or so when I went to dump yet another alt and saw this:

image.png.390f877c726467bcb37d9aa5dc1ff6f2.png

In other words, over HALF the bids out there are for less than 1/4th the usual going price of the item! That's an awful lot of alts with major bids that likely have been there quite awhile! 

I don't mind letting some people profit a bit in my goal to crash the market but, wow, that's a lot of ultra low bids. 

• Like 2

Everything on the market except white salvage is overpriced, IMO.  I post everything I get for 1 insp, because it's the most efficient way to dump and sell my items and get out of the market (a task which I find indescribably boring, sucking my time from other parts of the game) quickly.  If that happens to lower overall prices to a reasonable level (which I highly doubt), so much the better (from my perspective).

Other people feel differently, of course, and they're entitled to their opinion.

• Like 1

All told it looks like I got 1480 + 1890 + 1480 = 4850 pieces of rare salvage.  I may have missed a character when I checked back to see but I don't think so.

So, on the books now I have an unrealized gain of 4850 * 325,000** = 1.575B.  I know that's lunch break earnings for most of this sub-forum's regulars but I don't actively marketeer and this is a significant windfall considering I was just trying to buy a rare to craft a PVP IO that dropped.

**325,000 derived by expected sale at 475,000 less 10% transaction fee less 100,000(ish) purchase price.

Now, for first world problems, I have to figure out how to liquidate this and further, what to do with this windfall.  I have a process for excess inf, but this is dumb luck inf and I'd like to share with the proletariat.  So I got some figgerin' to do.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2020 at 10:16 AM, Grindingsucks said:

Everything on the market except white salvage is overpriced, IMO.  I post everything I get for 1 insp, because it's the most efficient way to dump and sell my items and get out of the market (a task which I find indescribably boring, sucking my time from other parts of the game) quickly.  If that happens to lower overall prices to a reasonable level (which I highly doubt), so much the better (from my perspective).

Other people feel differently, of course, and they're entitled to their opinion.

You say you find it boring and a time sink. Opinions definitely vary. I find kill alls to be dull and a time sink. Because I market well, I don't have to do them. We both win! And guess who just bought that rare recipe you sold for inf for 3k? Me! I crafted it, converted it, and sold it for 5M. And I can do this all day. I'm so glad you find it dull. Guys like me would probably quit if you charged a reasonable price for the items you unload on the AH for 1 inf. 

• 2 weeks later

@Troyusrexare you up to your shenanigans again, even if on a much smaller scale?

It seems like someone is sporadically dumping rares.  Not the massive influx like the topic of this thread, but I noticed some 100k sales so I put in my bids and then see some get filled, some time passes with no sales, then some more filled.  Looks like this isn't going to have an effect on my in-game net worth like the last time but thought it notable to see rares get to 100k again.