AE Meet and Greet 25/05/19 - Review

CR EV

• Retired Community Rep

I would like to start with a huge thank you to all the members of the community that attended. We are all excited about the changes and constant improvements we want to make to the AE system.  Here are the lists of topics mentioned and what we hope to add in the short and long term.

Story and Farm driven Missions

Let’s start with the biggest topic that was discussed and preface this with that there is no intention to remove farming Missions. The Homecoming team accept that they are very much a part of the game and community at this point.

Our main priority however is for fun new creative content so our focus will be towards Story based features.

Missing Powersets

So it appears that there are a few powersets still missing so we plan to look into getting these added in the AE Character Creator. We will release more information when we can gauge the scope of this change. The list we have so far are:

Water Blaster

Darkness Affinity

Nature Affinity

Time Manipulation

Developers Choice, Hall of Fame and Spotlights

We want to work towards redoing this system since a lot has changed from when the game was originally running. This change is going to take the longest to do as it involves a lot of discussion and planning from both the Homecoming team and our community. In the mean time we hope to get something simple in place to rotate the top Story driven missions to get a good flavour of content flowing.

I will be publishing more information in the next few days so keep an eye out for announcements.

Is there a reason content has to be rotated? Like a hard limit on how many missions can be devs choice or something? Because if that'a not the case, I personally dont care if theres a ton of good story missions to run, I'd strongly prefer that to booting good missions out of the list.

This all sounds good.  Has anyone had a chance to check into the bug that developed before closing that makes NPCs call out their first line when you zone onto their map?  That really hampered some of the stories I was trying to tell and led to me giving up on AE back in the day.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

This all sounds good.  Has anyone had a chance to check into the bug that developed before closing that makes NPCs call out their first line when you zone onto their map?  That really hampered some of the stories I was trying to tell and led to me giving up on AE back in the day.

I've had this happen as well, even with battles. The battle text will appear when you enter and, in my case I had four battles in a map, there is a long scroll of text from all of the them.

Anything on whether we'll have a way to get more publishing slots?

AE ARCS:

Most Dangerous Game (ongoing): 16058, 16059, 16060, 4363, 15230, 22386, 23645 * The God Machine (finished): 26365 * Family Reunion (finished): 18920 * Remnants (finished): 5405, 5408, 5411, 5597 * Ball and Chain (finished): 33690 * The Scroll of the Spirit Dragon (finished): 37070 * Prime Real Estate (finished):  43979 * Lord of War (finished):  49034 * Euthanatos (ongoing): 41945, 54307, 54312, 50727

I don't see a way to upvote, but

+1 for more story slots

+1 for a way to submit for Dev's choice

+1 for a category for Farm or Story

+1 request to fix the first line spoken when mission starts bug

and 1000 kudos for making all of this available at all :)

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Is there a reason content has to be rotated? Like a hard limit on how many missions can be devs choice or something? Because if that'a not the case, I personally dont care if theres a ton of good story missions to run, I'd strongly prefer that to booting good missions out of the list.

I interpreted that as rotation in the sense of rotating which come up earliest in the list, which would be very nice, rather than rotating in and out of dev choice.