PvP accolades/temp powers disable timer

When transitioning from a PvE zone to a PvP zone and vice versa, it seems like it can take up to a minute or two for the game to recognize you're in the correct "type" of zone and give access to the appropriate powers. This could theoretically allow you to pop both versions of the click accolades.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Okay, I wasn't able to duplicate this. Apparently there's a short 5-10 second window before powers switch.

Related, I can reliably do this:

image.thumb.png.01d7186185b2406c8b746ddb02aecc00.png

In theory, I could just enter zone and incan my team every once and a while to benefit from -res to healing. Or alternatively, have a second account logged in specifically for that purpose. Not sure how realistic/easy adding this in would be, but if you could add that thing that happens in arena where you cant activate powers for a little upon zoning in that would probably fix it.

Edited by Dombloo

• 3 weeks later
  • Developer

Verified issue. There does seem to be 3-5 second delay upon zoning into a PvP zone, or leaving a PvP zone and going into a normal zone that the game takes to 'flip the switch' between the two modes.
I noticed it every time upon zoning into Recluse's Victory; As noted, could pop my Incarnate powers pretty easily.

However, since the PvP fakolades share a cooldown with the normal versions; Activating either starts the cooldown for both, so I was not able to have x2 versions of active them at any given time.

Lore pets in RV.png

Shared accolade cooldowns.png

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

14 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Can you verify that this is now resolved?

Just checked with a Destiny power on auto, died in-zone and went to hospital. The power shows as active very briefly upon rezzing but not for long enough for the power to actually execute. I think this one's good now.

• Thanks 2

• Jimmy locked this topic