Lock tray

TivoManiac

1 hour ago, TivoManiac said:

Suggestion for new option that I see they are rolling out on one of the alternate servers is the ability to lock the trays so you can't accidently change them when playing. If I had a nickel for every time I've had that happen at a very bad time....

Are you talking about the position of the tray on the window?  Or the icons within the tray because the second already exists.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Are you talking about the position of the tray on the window?  Or the icons within the tray because the second already exists.

Possibly the arrows on either side of the tray number, since that can't be locked - and locking that has been asked for before (still for it.) Easy to accidentally click and suddenly your attacks are all your Halloween costumes you're showing off as your enemies shoot you. 

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Just now, Greycat said:

Possibly the arrows on either side of the tray number, since that can't be locked - and locking that has been asked for before (still for it.) Easy to accidentally click and suddenly your attacks are all your Halloween costumes you're showing off as your enemies shoot you. 

Yep I often leave to first spot open to keep some extra room to avoid doing that and as I level that becomes increasingly difficult if not impossible to do.  So yes certainly can get behind that option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Part of me wants to say that SHOULD be super easy to implement. A new On/Off option somewhere, and just gray out the arrows if off.

But I am a programmer by trade, and I have seen spaghetti code that's not just difficult but downright dangerous to try to unravel and "make better".

Specfically, the code I'm talking about was code that did drug-drug interaction checking for actual human patients.

And GOD HELP YOU, if you touched that code and did something wrong.  People could literally die IRL from that.

It was eventually burned to ash and replaced by something vastly better that was designed from the ground up to be maintainable / supportable.

But several programming teams were stuck like deer in headlights for a couple years at the thought of modifying the old code before it got replaced.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MTeague said:

Part of me wants to say that SHOULD be super easy to implement. A new On/Off option somewhere, and just gray out the arrows if off.

But I am a programmer by trade, and I have seen spaghetti code that's not just difficult but downright dangerous to try to unravel and "make better".

Specfically, the code I'm talking about was code that did drug-drug interaction checking for actual human patients.

And GOD HELP YOU, if you touched that code and did something wrong.  People could literally die IRL from that.

It was eventually burned to ash and replaced by something vastly better that was designed from the ground up to be maintainable / supportable.

But several programming teams were stuck like deer in headlights for a couple years at the thought of modifying the old code before it got replaced.

Pfft. You don't even have to go off COH to get "wait, that did what" code change examples.

When they added a fifth power to pools (as opposed to getting tarred and feathered for replacing one) on live, suddenly Kheldian powers were completely screwed up and Dominators couldn't activate Domination...

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

21 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

No the arrows on the tray that let you change to the next higher numbered or lower numbered tray.  It would be fantastic to be able to lock that.

• Like 1

One thing I've found helpful is to bind something else -- a targeting macro, a banter bind -- to the - that's next to the 0 on the main keyboard. 

But after a character gets incarnates and has so many click powers, that's no longer enough. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

21 hours ago, MTeague said:

And GOD HELP YOU, if you touched that code and did something wrong. 

I know exactly what that's like. I work at a military hospital, and have been writing code in MUMPS for the medical information system, CHCS, for several decades now. Most of what I've done has been local, such as reports pulling data out in ways the built-in reporting tools can't, and I've made some minor cleanups of the core code, but I won't touch anything connected to order entry, because of how much of a cesspit of unreadable spaghetti code it is and that I've got no documentation whatsoever about what the code is supposed to be doing. And I had the routine I created to automatically process noncompliant prescriptions (patient never comes in to pick it up) taken up as core code, so that's part of every MTF's setup. As with yours, we're getting a complete replacement for all of the separate medical information systems as a single system, so the horror of some of that code is going away.

• Like 1