Energy Aura for Tank

One Primary set I would love to see ported to Tanks is Energy Aura. Having played it on Brutes since they came out with CoV as well as on a Stalker and a Sentinel (waiting for Energy Melee to try it on a Scrapper) I would love to see this ported to Tanks. Sentinel found a way to get rid of the stealth field which could lead to a direct port to tanks, please make this so 🙂

22 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Search further , its been suggested but would need to be tweaked.  Tanker level modifiers would make it very power in defense.

Don't see aything OP in it, it would be susceptible to Cascading Defense Failure anyway. Don't see any problem about porting it to Tanks.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

I think people are seeing it with rose colored glasses. I for one think Energy Aura would be horrible on a Tank. I can see the ITF ripping it to shreds since it doesn't have much of a resist to speak of. Energy is better on Stalkers and Scrappers, and for Brutes, I think barely works. Putting it on a Tank I think would just be a huge fail and it would even be worse off than Ice Armor for Tanks. However, I am not against the idea...I just don't think it's going to work out the way people think.

4 hours ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Don't see aything OP in it, it would be susceptible to Cascading Defense Failure anyway. Don't see any problem about porting it to Tanks.

Some other guy who linked Captain Powerhouse

Devs have already said that energy aura will not be ported to tanks without significant changes (i.e., it's not sub-optimal, it's too good).

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

3 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Ha, if they think it's too good and it needs to be nerfed before porting to Tanks, it will even be worse than I thought it would be. Before I only thought it wouldn't be what everyone thinks it will be, If they nerf it first, I am willing to stake money on the fact that it will be the worst set to hit Tanks yet...and I am not exactly a betting man, but I would sure bet on that one.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Ha, if they think it's too good and it needs to be nerfed before porting to Tanks, it will even be worse than I thought it would be. Before I believed it wouldn't be what everything thinks it will be, if they nerf it first, I am willing to stake money on the fact that it will be the worst set to hit Tanks yet...and I am not exactly a betting man, but I would sure bet on that one.

sarcastic.jpg.27b2989d4884886ad5144c32d8bc83fc.jpg

Or Fry is squinting like he is high like when Superman flies.

Its more of the modifiers, Tank Ice Armor Frozen Armor/ is 17% Def Smashing/Lethal.  Brute /Frozen Armor is 12.5% Smashing/Lethal.  Going by that, Tanks have a 30% higher modifier; unslotted.  You figure if EA was close to that standard; it would be typed damage vs the most popular damage types.  EA won't be stupid OP, just balanced to be closer in line with SR when it comes to defense; how I don't know.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

25 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

sarcastic.jpg.27b2989d4884886ad5144c32d8bc83fc.jpg

Or Fry is squinting like he is high like when Superman flies.

Its more of the modifiers, Tank Ice Armor Frozen Armor/ is 17% Def Smashing/Lethal.  Brute /Frozen Armor is 12.5% Smashing/Lethal.  Going by that, Tanks have a 30% higher modifier; unslotted.  You figure if EA was close to that standard; it would be typed damage vs the most popular damage types.  EA won't be stupid OP, just balanced to be closer in line with SR when it comes to defense; how I don't know.

I have put out power set change ideas before and used my min max builds to prove a point on AT balance when talking about ice Armor. I was pretty much told that the Devs do not balance this game going off min maxed builds, so my argument was weak. I could respect that so I left it alone after that since the whole basis of my argument was coming from comparisons between different Tank sets and the stats of those sets after being min/maxed.

So I am taking this in to account when I say, an all Defense Tank with almost no Resist to show for it will get slaughtered in say...the ITF and any other mob that comes with a hefty amount of -defense. EA only comes with (correction) 51% Resist to -Defense and that is only at level 50 and that does not go any higher if you slot it. Granted, 51% may sound like a lot, but it doesn't take much to wack your defense down to the negatives with multiple stacks of -Defense. Now, if you pick up the T9 you get another 34.6% Resist to -Defense, however, almost nobody picks up the Tank T9's these days and even if they do, that won't help much against mobs that stack -Defense.

SR can pull it off because they have a TON of -Defense Resistance. And since we can't use Min/Maxed builds when discussing these types of situations, I try to keep that in mind when I say that EA on a Tank won't be anything like what people think it will be.

I'm all for it though, hell, maybe I am wrong and just thinking in to this too much, I would love to test it out for myself and prove myself wrong.

Edited by Solarverse

7 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Energy Drain could be replaced to Power Drain power - which is technically Power Sink copypaste, that power is available for Energy Aura Sentinels. Everything else can be left as it is.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

6 hours ago, Solarverse said:

EA only comes with (correction) 51% Resist to -Defense

EA brutes get 21.63% defense debuff resistance in Kinetic Shield, Power Shield and Entropic Aura (64.89% total), plus 43.25% in Overload. When you convert these to tanker modifiers, you get 3x27.04% (81.11% total) plus 54.06% in Overload. Not quite SR levels, but a heck of lot higher than 51%.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

EA brutes get 21.63% defense debuff resistance in Kinetic Shield, Power Shield and Entropic Aura (64.89% total), plus 43.25% in Overload. When you convert these to tanker modifiers, you get 3x27.04% (81.11% total) plus 54.06% in Overload. Not quite SR levels, but a heck of lot higher than 51%.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I was not thinking the modifiers changed for defense debuff resistance. Having checked it out in game, there is a clear difference in SR's version for Brutes and SR's version for Tanks. So I can see your point.

Plus Energy Aura for Tanks would have psi-hole with few powers to place Impervium Armor +6 PSI resist to cover it (these go only into Resistance spots).

Edited by Purrfekshawn