Character for Soloing Praetoria

Apparition

7 hours ago, Ignatz the Insane said:

I don't know man, I just went through with a Scrapper, and had a difficullt time.  Enemy groups are much tougher and in larger numbers.  Did you go through with a Stalker?  I can see stealth and placate being huge advantages with some of those fights.

I have run through Praetoria on Blasters, Brutes, Corruptors, a Defender, a Dom, Scrappers, and a Tank. I am currently running through a Stalker and it is by far the easiest run of all. I always do all arcs (for the badges) so I spend a lot of time stuck at level 10, 15, and 20 with xp turned off. Because I don't really care about xp at that point I tend to avoid a lot of the trash mobs (especially Clockwork and Ghouls) by simply running past them (they may take a pot shot or two but unless there is an ambush they do not follow).  The only time I do a kill all is when it is required for the mission and thankfully there are few of those in Praetoria.

edit: Forgot I have a couple of Sentinels going through as well (20 characters in all are Goldside)

Edited by Apogee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Alas, my Defender's journey soloing all of Praetoria reached an abrupt end.

Between that bug and just not feeling the Defender AT in general (I'd much, much rather play a Corruptor instead), I deleted the character while in Neutropolis.

Perhaps I'll try again some day, but probably not any time soon in fear of running into that bug again.

I have been running an Energy Melee / Regen Brute ( Battlestrike ) through Praetoria and just hit 19 and am going to have to turn off XP to finish the Dark Watcher Arc. Forgot how good some of the Missions Goldside are, or at least unique. Have had a few ambushes that nearly got out of hand, and got put down once by something while AFK at a vendor, ???, but having a good run through this Solo, so far.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Goldside can be played through on any AT, but your tactics will need to change depending on what you choose, from kiting, to pulling, to wading in.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.