New Melee/Ranged AoE set category notation on powerset pages

AboveTheChemist

I had a little heartburn over how to handle the updated Melee and Ranged AoE set category names (formerly PBAoE and Targeted AoE, respectively) on the powersets pages so I wanted to note my rationale here.

For instance, this power can use Ranged AoE enhancements:

aoe_cat.png.9d11d2389d1dc0af8ac977e527b0203a.png

The name displayed there where I put the red arrow is actually controlled by a template called Template:Set Targeted AoE Damage. I modified that template to display 'Ranged AoE' rather than 'Targeted AoE', then moved the template itself to a new page called Template:Set Ranged AoE Damage. That way, existing powerset pages that still contain the call to the Targeted AoE template will be redirected to the new Ranged template, and any new powersets pages that get created can use the new Ranged template. I went through the same process for the Melee AoE/PBAoE templates.

Ideally, I think each existing powerset page that contains calls to the old Targeted or PBAoE templates should be edited so that the template calls use the new templates, but that would be a time consuming and somewhat tedious process. In the meantime, I think the edits I have made are a fairly simple fix to get the updated AoE category names to display correctly. And if the consensus is that the old template calls are OK as-is, then I won't worry too much about editing the existing powersets pages.

Edited to add that if there is some unknown-to-me bit of wiki wizardry that can be invoked to change the old template calls automatically, I would be all for such a solution.

Edited by AboveTheChemist