Conversion Possibilities and Rare Roulette Quick Reference popmenus

The Conversion Possibilities popmenu has existed for a while, having originated and been available in this thread (and an argument might be made that it should stay there). If you want a peek into the lunacy that spawned this popmenu, I suggest starting there. This popmenu details all conversion possibilities for the enhancements shown on the HC wiki enhancement sets page.

I'm starting a new thread for this popmenu because I've added a quick reference menu for 'rare roulette' conversions. Those typically include a conversion by category to get from an uncommon set to a rare set (which is where this quick reference menu will be most applicable) followed by conversions by rarity until a sufficiently valuable enhancement is obtained. I had previously used a printed 2-sided PDF summary as a handy rare roulette reference, but thought the idea might translate well to a popmenu.

I've made two different menus available. The first is a standalone version of the Rare Roulette quick reference popmenu. For the masochists true conversion enthusiasts, I've also included the full Conversion Possibilities popmenu which now includes the Rare Roulette quick reference.

If anyone would like to use this mod as a starting point to build your own mod, please feel free to do so. All I ask is that I be acknowledged for the work that has been done to date, and that you take credit for any modifications that you make.

Installation

Spoiler

The simplest installation method is to use the City Mod Installer. The Rare Roulette quick reference popmenu is available there under the name Rare Roulette Quick Reference popmenu (version 1) and the Conversion Possibilities popmenu is available there under the name Conversion Possibilities popmenu (version 1).

Manual installation of the Rare Roulette quick reference popmenu is via a .pigg file (named rare_roulette.pigg) available on Google Drive at the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UurVTG1vag3s51FbYq3uJoI_iK8H8PgX

Manual installation of the Conversion Possibilities popmenu is via a .pigg file (named conv_poss.pigg) available on Google Drive at the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W3JcOTrKP4BRMXvoHW9ak_zmmJqkuvqy

For manual installation, you'll need to locate the root folder for your CoH installation (which I'll refer to as <CoH Root Folder>). If using the new Homecoming Launcher, click the settings button (which looks like a little gear) in the upper right corner of the HC launcher. When the settings window appears, the installation location is shown at the top of the window. The following screenshot illustrates what you'll see (the settings button appears in green here):

hc_location.png.52bcf256de0cd11ac92dafacbe9ce788.png

If using Tequila or Island Rum, you'll either need to search for the install manually, or you should be able to check the properties of the shortcut used to launch Tequila/Island Rum, and the installation location should be listed there.

The .pigg files are self-contained archives that function identically to the .pigg files that contain all of the game data. The .pigg file(s) for the menu you wish to install should be placed in:

<CoH Root Folder>\assets\mods

If your <CoH Root Folder>\assets folder does not contain a directory named 'mods', please create a directory named 'mods' within <CoH Root Folder>\assets and place either the rare_roulette.pigg or the conv_poss.pigg file (or both, if desired) within.

The final step is to modify your game launch parameters to tell the game to check your <CoH Root Folder>\assets\mods folder for the new mod by adding the following text:

-assetpath assets\mods

This is a one-time change so if your launch parameters have already been modified to add the above text, then there is no need to do it again. Instructions for locating and modifying your launch parameters can be found in the post at this link.

Removing/Deleting Old Installations

Spoiler

Users that had previously installed the Rare Roulette quick reference popmenu and/or the Conversion Possibilities popmenu, either manually or using the CoH Modder tool, will need to remove or delete their old installations in order for the new version to be visible in game. This is because the installation process now uses a .pigg file and the old process installed the mod files individually into the <CoH Root Folder>\data folder.

Old versions of these popmenus were installed to the following locations:

<CoH Root Folder>\data\texts\English\menus\RareRoulette.mnu
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texts\English\menus\ConvPoss.mnu

Simply remove or delete this files as appropriate and the new version(s) should appear properly in-game.

Rare Roulette Quick Reference Popmenu Preview and Use

Spoiler

rr_menu.png.e34e5452b562876347974401bed49e3c.png

To use the Rare Roulette quick reference popmenu, highlight your starting enhancement from the alphabetic list. This will display all enhancements with that particular category. Potential uncommon conversions are denoted with a yellow dot, and potential rare conversions are denoted with an orange dot. Each enhancement's level range is listed, and the starting enhancement is greyed out to indicate it is not available. Use the rarity indicators and level ranges to decide whether to convert that enhancement by category.

The Rare Roulette quick reference popmenu can be accessed in-game using one of the following methods:

from chat: /popmenu RareRoulette
via keybind: /bind <your_key> "popmenu RareRoulette"
via macro: /macro <macro_name> "popmenu RareRoulette"

I recommend using a keybind, because in some parts of the menu there are several sub-menus which may extend partway across the screen. By using a keybind, the menu will appear at your cursor location when the keybind is pressed, so I typically move the cursor to the upper left of the screen and then press my keybind so that I have enough room for the submenus to expand if needed.

Conversion Possibilities Popmenu Preview and Use

Spoiler

cp_menu.thumb.png.c9aa1547a2e2d6188958a5c395f59fe0.png

To use the Conversion Possibilities popmenu, highlight your starting enhancement from the alphabetic list then drill down depending on the desired conversion type to see the possible conversion outcomes based on the level of the starting enhancement. The Conversion Possibilities popmenu also includes the Rare Roulette quick reference popmenu as decribed above.

The Conversion Possibilities popmenu can be accessed in-game using one of the following methods:

from chat: /popmenu ConvPoss
via keybind: /bind <your_key> "popmenu ConvPoss"
via macro: /macro <macro_name> "popmenu ConvPoss"

I recommend using a keybind, because in some parts of the menu there are several sub-menus which may extend partway across the screen. By using a keybind, the menu will appear at your cursor location when the keybind is pressed, so I typically move the cursor to the upper left of the screen and then press my keybind so that I have enough room for the submenus to expand if needed.

Update Log

Spoiler

Rare Roulette Quick Reference Popmenu Update Log:

05-Feb-2022

• Initial version

11-Oct-2022

• shortened some names and removed unnecessary dividers
  • uploaded mods to City Mod Installer as Rare Roulette Quick Reference popmenu (version 1)

Conversion Possibilities Popmenu Update Log:

13-Jun-2020

• Initial version

26-Apr-2021

• updated name for Time & Space Manipulation set

30-Nov-2021

• added Ice Mistral's Torment, Hypersonic, Launch, Thrust, and Warp sets
  • cleaned up extra tab spacing
  • corrected issue showing conversions between superior and non-superior enhancements

11-Dec-2021

• merged 'Running' and 'Running & Sprints' categories due to the fact that they are considered the same category for conversion purposes
  • merged 'Leaping' and 'Leaping & Sprints' categories due to the fact that they are considered the same category for conversion purposes

05-Feb-2022

• added rare roulette quick reference table
  • replaced percent sign (%) with the word 'percent' due to the percent sign not displaying properly in popmenus

11-Oct-2022

• changed 'Taunt' element in enhancements names to 'Taunt / Placate'
  • shortened some names and removed unnecessary dividers
  • uploaded mods to City Mod Installer as Conversion Possibilities popmenu (version 1)

If anyone notices any errors or other issues please let me know!

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I have updated the top post to account for the new mod installation tool that Michiyo developed. Part of that update changes the manual installation process from .mnu files to .pigg archives. Users will need to refer to the installation instructions in the top post to account for this new installation process. I also added a section for removal/deletion of the old installations, which will be necessary in order for the new installations to work.

There were some minor editorial tweaks made to both menus.

Edited by AboveTheChemist