Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


AboveTheChemist last won the day on September 9

AboveTheChemist had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

778 Excellent


About AboveTheChemist

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Not sure there is much I can do for you, other than recommend that you post the issue in the CoH Modder thread and/or search that thread for similar issues.
  2. Just to clarify, vidiotmaps currently consists of maps from three sources. In order, they are the original Issue 23 VidiotMaps, the MoreMaps4U pack by Blondeshell that covers everything post-Issue 23 up through Issue 26 (roughly), and the map pack that I have been maintaining that picks up roughly at Issue 27 to present day. The version within CoH Modder contains all three map packs combined into one tidy package. Otherwise, manual installation requires installing the three map packs I mentioned, in the order I mentioned them. There's a bit more info in this post. I'm not totall
  3. You need to either 1) install CoH Modder and install vidiotmaps that way, or 2) install the map pack that I have been maintaining (details in this post). Both contain the updated Abandoned Sewer Network map. I agree with the previous few posters and strongly recommend using CoH Modder.
  4. There is some documented testing of high team sizes (including some of my own) in this thread: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/21744-0-x0-difficulty-settings
  5. To follow up, I checked the bins for Alpha, Beta, and Live. The updated loading screen tips are only available on Alpha at the moment. I think I will hold off updating the wiki with these for the moment, until the updated tips have made their way to Live. I assume this will happen with the release of Page 3, if not before.
  6. I've got the list somewhere and this has been on my somewhat poorly-maintained to-do list for a little while. I'll dig it out and update the page in the next few days. Edit to add that I am 95% sure I saw confirmation that the new tip list was added, but I am not able to lay eyes on it at the moment. If anyone can confirm that they are in, please let me know. I'll keep looking.
  7. Just looking over some wiki info briefly, it looks like the AE badges were added in Issue 14 and many were yanked in Issue 15. According to the I15 patch notes page, the badges were removed because the devs wanted AE to be focused on playing story arcs rather than grinding badges. I was not playing during that time, so there may be more to the story than that. I know a handful of those badges (e.g. the Terminator badge) have been re-purposed as "new" badges on HC.
  8. That is a good question, and I was not involved in the log parser at all so I am afraid I do not know the answer. The website owner/creator, @KeyboardKitsune, still stops by the forums occasionally and might be able to shed some light on it when next they stop by.
  9. This is definitely a known issue. I've posted about it a few times in the past, and when the /thumbtack command was in testing I posted about it on the testing discord. A dev (Faultline) responded there, and I've quoted his response below:
  10. I don't see a template for Blaster archetype (or any archetype, for that matter) in the place I know to look, which is here (in the Related Templates section). There may be other places that I don't know about, though. I think there may be a good reason that there are apparently no archetype set templates. Using the Disintegrate screenshot you posted as an example, you'd need to add not only the Blaster AT set, but also the Corruptor, Defender, and Sentinal AT sets, since all those ATs can use the Disintegrate power. And that has the potential to cause confusion for those not overl
  11. Given that there are roughly 1,200 enhancement pages (I know because I updated them all), the best approach would probably be to modify or create a template that contains the relevant information. I'll take a look at it when I get some time and see if I can come up with something logical and flexible enough to apply to all circumstances. Or, if someone else decides they want to look into this, please let me know. I'm quite familiar with these pages and would be happy to help come up with a plan and/or brainstorm ideas.
  12. I've been revisiting my youth, playing some Infocom interactive fiction games.
  13. This is meant as general advice for anyone that wants to help with the wiki, but for anything more than minor corrections here and there, it might be beneficial to join and post in the HC wiki club. That way you can avoid potentially duplicating efforts with another editor, and you can also get help with the more complex aspects of the wiki editor if needed. Also, it's not uncommon for the more experienced wiki editors to shadow new folks for a little bit, to make sure that what's been edited is accurate and consistent with the rest of the wiki. Thank you kindly for being willing to help out w
  14. If anything, I'd recommend just removing the link in the first post, rather than replacing it with the link to my thread, especially since the popmenu has been built-in to the Beta servers for some time now. There is no freebies popmenu currently available in my thread. It mostly just stands as a record of the changes I have made to it, and perhaps it would be reasonable to link to it as source of that info, rather than a source of the actual popmenu file. The only time I post a popmenu there is when I have a beta version that I want to provide temporarily for testing. Given that I have receiv
  15. It's not required to vary the recipe type, only the recipe level. In the Arms Dealer example, it's required to craft eleven level 35 and eleven level 40 recipes, regardless of whether they are damage or knockback recipes.
  • Create New...