Save our KINETIC MELEE !

VULCAN

On 1/1/2021 at 9:45 AM, Spitfire99 said:

I would love to love KM. I just rolled my second lvl 50 KM, but man it feels clunky compared to the other powersets. I seem to spend most of my time flailing my arms waiting to hit.

I thought there was supposed to be a damage increase to off set the long animation times, am I wrong about that?

I wonder why this set wasn't fixed on the last update? A boost to Power Siphon would be great! A reduction in animation times! Maybe one of the Devs can weigh in? 

Maybe I should just roll another fire scrapper...

Help!

Honestly I would just settle for the standard animations at this point. The set has really nice abilities for my tank but the more I play it the less I'm enjoying my noodle arms. It's just slow and feels bad.

Edited by ValiantBlu

HEY what about this

instead of power siphon just functioning like a build up, what if it changed your attacks as well?

So get this, you pop Power Siphon, and you get a 15-20 sec buff where you siphon damage from enemies but in addition to that your attack animations become faster (replace the open palm attacks with some of the more standard animations). So like Smashing Blow becomes that double handed overhead from other sets (Bonesmasher), Focused Burst becomes the one handed ranged cast (like Neutrino Bolt), Burst becomes the ground pound (Atom Smasher), and so on. So without power siphon, you maintain the versatility of the set, but the downfall is that you don't really have much else going for you, but when you pop power siphon you're able to really cut loose. Thoughts?

• Like 2

I personally don't think the animations should change because provides a unique affect to create a new feeling but it should be faster, the whole point for having slower animations was to show a strong attack. A great burst of energy being thrusted onto an opponent.

It was supposed to be satisfying to charge up energy then watch your foes HP deteriorate. But some of the attacks were nerfed, making the long animations that was supposed to be unique to that powerset feel less gratifying and a waste of time compared to it's fast paste melee counterparts.

It's kinetic energy literally the energy responsible for movement, it should be faster, especially if it's not going to carry out the satisfaction of dealing a strong attack. Both these problems need to be fixed. If kinetic melees animation is to remain unique it needs to deal more damage to show your charging a strong attack, if not (at worst) the animations need to preform faster. And I do not want to have to alter the movement of the set. My preference is that it needs to reobtain it's former strength that it had on the live server before it got better.

Edited by OmnibusOmnh
  • Like 1

• 7 months later

Quick Strike 1.056s

Body Blow 1.32s

Smashing Blow 1.452s

These attacks are not slow compared to other attacks.

Burst 2.904s

A little slower than Whirling Hands/Spin's 2.64s (.264s slower)

Focused Burst 2.244s

Now this is the attack I feel should be faster.

Concentrated Strike 3.036s

This needs to allow for Critical Damage.  Could use a damage boost and maybe a reduction in animation time, but not at the cost of more damage.

9 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I believe the current balance of the set values the damage debuff secondary effect higher than many players do.

Sure, but that doesn’t excuse every single animation time on post-t3 attacks being completely miserable.

My Graniteless Stone/Kin/Earth tanker does ok with most of the attacks procced to the teeth. But only ever “ok”.

• 2 weeks later

Yeah KM needs a look as I am sure MOST people agree.

Power Siphon needs lower cast time, no root, and no stack cap, and a small damage bonus immediately on cast. (This will make the power much more interesting.)

Burst, Focused Bust, and Concentrated Strike need to either A) Do more damage to justify their cast times, or B) have lower cast times without changing the damage.

I think these changes would go a long way. 

What these changes will do is allow for a player to use the first 3 attacks as builders and Bust, FB, and CS as finishers just before PS wears off and if your lucky CS will give you another PS to use to keep the train rolling! 

• Like 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

• 3 weeks later

Run Kinetic Melee on a Stalker, put Gaussian's Build Up proc in your Build Up. Recharge it randomly (5% on every attack power use) with the global ATO, and then put Chance to Hide in your Assassin Strike. Use Concentrated Strike coming out of the re-Hide.

"Yo dawg, we heard you like Build Up, so we put Build Up in your Build Up so you can Build Up while you Build Up."

• Haha 1

• 3 months later

Might be a bit of a necro post by this point but here goes.

I actually suggested something very similar on another server recently.  Unfortunately, there are two key issues standing in the way of this excellent idea.

First off, while reducing actual power execution time is doable, the technical hurdles necessary to make it presentable are significant.  The short version is there would have to be multiple versions of each power animation made for each of the accelerated steps that could be possible.  I could go into further details but after talking to folks very familiar with the code I can safely say it would be a huge undertaking.

Secondly, and this is the real kicker, the game already has this mechanic, or at least something very similar.  It's called Momentum and even though it would have made far more sense to put it on Kinetic Melee, the original devs put it on the asinine Titan Weapons power set.

So there is our conundrum.  If I had unlimited time, money, and dev resources, I would move Momentum to KM and give Titan Weapons a more fitting mechanic.  C’est la vie.