Energy Melee - Brute/Tanker

Neiska

This is my first bug report, so apologies if its not in proper format.

I made both a tanker and a brute energy melee/bio, to compare the damages and whatnot. And in game, both with the same powers/incarnates/stances, the tanker does more damage. And (according to MIDS) at zero fury my Energy Transfer should do 600-ish, and at 80 fury it should be doing 1000-ish, but no matter what the fury is, it always does 600-ish. While my tankers does around 800 consistantly.

So I have a hunch that the Brute Fury damage isnt being added/calculated, because my tanker version is doing 200+ more damage than the brute, with the exact same powerset/IOs. I don't have screen shots or anything to prove this, not sure what "evidence" is needed for ingame suspicions.

Thank you for your time in advance!

Neiners

PS - to whom it may concern, others with more game knowledge than me tested it on the test server, and they said it was working. Still boggles me how theres that much of a gap between tanker vs brute with full fury, i would have assumed brute have more damage, not less. its weird.

Edited by Neiska

Please, never use Mids as justification for a bug report. Please look at combat logs and in game info to decide if there is a discrepancy. Screenshots help too. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

33 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Please, never use Mids as justification for a bug report. Please look at combat logs and in game info to decide if there is a discrepancy. Screenshots help too. 

Whether or not the numbers from Mids are correct, their observation that increasing Fury should be increasing the damage done by a Brute is still relevant, and that they're not seeing it indicates that there is some sort of disconnect there.

6 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Whether or not the numbers from Mids are correct, their observation that increasing Fury should be increasing the damage done by a Brute is still relevant, and that they're not seeing it indicates that there is some sort of disconnect there.

If he saw that in game, sure. If he saw that in Mids, then no. From their post, that observation was made in Mids, which would not be a bug relevant to City of Heroes.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

2 minutes ago, Bopper said:

If he saw that in game, sure. If he saw that in Mids, then no. From their post, that observation was made in Mids, which would not be a bug relevant to City of Heroes.

Well, it appears that Neiska's statement "I made both a tanker and a brute energy melee/bio, to compare the damages and whatnot. And in game, both with the same powers/incarnates/stances, the tanker does more damage. And (according to MIDS) at zero fury my Energy Transfer should do 600-ish, and at 80 fury it should be doing 1000-ish, but no matter what the fury is, it always does 600-ish. While my tankers does around 800 consistantly." is completely unclear on that matter.

Hello, thank you both for your responses.

Both of you are kind of correct. I have zero tools/knowledge to crunch the numbers to vertify it or not, but some people in discord did and we spoke it ou tin the brute channel. I did make both a tanker and a brute, with the same build. And it was confirmed that fury does work, as far as the tanker vs brute damage, well it seems to vary. Low fury, tanker pulls ahead, full fury, its closer but brute edges out. But I dont think that shouldnt suprise anyone. But yes, my fury didnt seem to affect my damage much at all, at least not as much as other brute I had. And no i wasnt basing it only off mids, it was mostly off what i had observed and experienced, and i felt it was worth bringing up, not to get a DM to swoop in, but for those more experienced than myself to take a look. I spoke my concerns in discord, and a few advised me to make a ticket, and so here we are.

I hope that clears things up a little. the TLDR though is that yes, fury is working. The tanker vs brute thing? Totally different story and entirely subjective to personal preferance.

10 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Well, it appears that Neiska's statement "I made both a tanker and a brute energy melee/bio, to compare the damages and whatnot. And in game, both with the same powers/incarnates/stances, the tanker does more damage. And (according to MIDS) at zero fury my Energy Transfer should do 600-ish, and at 80 fury it should be doing 1000-ish, but no matter what the fury is, it always does 600-ish. While my tankers does around 800 consistantly." is completely unclear on that matter.

I see. I read it as Mids not changing the damage when fury changed. This should be easy enough to check in game, monitor combat attributes and see if damage bonus increases while attacking with energy melee attacks. If that is not increasing, then the inherent is broke. If it is increasing amd damage in combat logs is not increasing, then thats a weird bug, but we'll have are search narrowed

4 minutes ago, Neiska said:

Hello, thank you both for your responses.

Both of you are kind of correct. I have zero tools/knowledge to crunch the numbers to vertify it or not, but some people in discord did and we spoke it ou tin the brute channel. I did make both a tanker and a brute, with the same build. And it was confirmed that fury does work, as far as the tanker vs brute damage, well it seems to vary. Low fury, tanker pulls ahead, full fury, its closer but brute edges out. But I dont think that shouldnt suprise anyone. But yes, my fury didnt seem to affect my damage much at all, at least not as much as other brute I had. And no i wasnt basing it only off mids, it was mostly off what i had observed and experienced, and i felt it was worth bringing up, not to get a DM to swoop in, but for those more experienced than myself to take a look. I spoke my concerns in discord, and a few advised me to make a ticket, and so here we are.

I hope that clears things up a little. the TLDR though is that yes, fury is working. The tanker vs brute thing? Totally different story and entirely subjective to personal preferance.

Thanks. Did you test this on Live or on Beta? If both, did you see a difference?

I didnt test it, two other helpful people in discord did, their screenshots and the discussion is in the brute channel. But from what I gather both tested on the test server, and they did see a difference, though it was no where what mids said it should be. But as you already pointed out, Mids is more of a guide than a kiss your elbow true calculator to go by. But both of them provided screenshots.

Thanks, I'll review the discord. The folks who helped you are good at what they do, I trust their conclusions. But I'll double check,  just in case

Looks like they showed it is working as intended. Their screeshots matchup with what is expected for various Fury levels. Only reason Tanker was close to Brute at 70 Fury was because of the BU +gaussian proc being active.

Edited by Bopper