Geyser vs Inferno base damage

Xandyr

The Geyser numbers don't add up. It must be double-counting something.

I think that it has variable damage based on how much Tidal Power you have, and it's adding up all of the separate potential damage values, even if they occur in 4 mutually exclusive sets (0,1,2, or 3 Tidal Power), as if they could all occur on the same activation.

• Like 1

If you look at the Data View window in Mids, you can see that the ticks in Geyser are mutually exclusive depending on what combo level you're at. In other words, you get 11 ticks of either 8.53, 8.96, 9.53 or 10.66. 

That said, I believe Blizzard is actually the most damaging nuke with 417 base damage.

I personally don't see Blizzard as a nuke, I know it's a tier 9 power but it's ALL DoT. Kinda what I was getting at with Geyser, alot of it's damage is DoT. Whereas Inferno is more upfront damage which is what you think about with a "nuke".

I may have drifted off topic, sorry

6 hours ago, Uun said:

If you look at the Data View window in Mids, you can see that the ticks in Geyser are mutually exclusive depending on what combo level you're at. In other words, you get 11 ticks of either 8.53, 8.96, 9.53 or 10.66. 

That said, I believe Blizzard is actually the most damaging nuke with 417 base damage.

Sorry, my bad, forgot about Blizzard when I said Inferno was the highest.

7 hours ago, Coyote said:

Sorry, my bad, forgot about Blizzard when I said Inferno was the highest.

To be fair, since Blizzard does like 150 tohit checks, it gets hit by the 95% tohit cap harder than Inferno, which only usually doesn't do less damage than the info window says, and ends up doing less damage.

• 2 weeks later