The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

A quick question on the Lost

tanglin

... I used to know this. I don't recall if it was Angus ... what's his last name, mcqueen? or not. Think he's a bit late. (Founders Falls.)

Edit: Steven Sheridan, THe Organ Grinders, gives you omega level clearance where you learn this. If you don't learn it there, you do through talking with the Dark Watcher during Levantra's arc in the RWZ. Angus's arcs, I think, have changed since the RWZ took over from the RCS.

Edited by Greycat

Done with the Kheld "community" here. Since they obviously don't care about anything lore wise and crap on people who do.  Kheld backstory guide might be uploaded in a non-Homecoming location when I finish the revision. No, it may not be put on the HC wiki, and what was there of my first one has been removed. Please do not reupload. I'm not giving the people here the benefit of the work just to be crapped on and told "lol, lore for a lore based AT, doesn't matter, f you."

(Note, this refers to the playerbase, not the devs.)

9 minutes ago, Greycat said:

... I used to know this. I don't recall if it was Angus ... what's his last name, mcqueen? or not. Think he's a bit late. (Founders Falls.)

Edit: Steven Sheridan, THe Organ Grinders, gives you omega level clearance where you learn this. If you don't learn it there, you do through talking with the Dark Watcher during Levantra's arc in the RWZ. Angus's arcs, I think, have changed since the RWZ took over from the RCS.

Thank you very much! This arc tells us that the Rikti are actually humans, but I don't remember if there is another mission that tells us that the Rikti made the Lost into what they are. Is there such a mission?

The reason I'm asking this is because I'd like my characters to avoid anachronisms like running Montague Castanella's mission arc to change the Lost back to human at lvl 15, and then at lvl 30+, learn from a mission about the Rikti and the Lost and be like OMG! The Rikti are actually humans and they are mutating the Lost to be like them! Who woulda thunk it?

I treat the leveling process as my character learning and growing. So now, I should do the Organ Grinders before doing Montague Castanella's arc. Are there any other mission arcs I should do before that, to avoid anachronisms? 

34 minutes ago, tanglin said:

Thank you very much! This arc tells us that the Rikti are actually humans, but I don't remember if there is another mission that tells us that the Rikti made the Lost into what they are. Is there such a mission?

Not exactly. Angus McQueen's arc features a Lost in the final stages of transformation (the first time you meet him, he's a Lost, then the next, he's a Rikti) to drive the point home, but I think it's meant to be something where you connect the dots playing a new character and wondering if you ever learned what the Lost's deal is.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

12 minutes ago, Placta said:

Not exactly. Angus McQueen's arc features a Lost in the final stages of transformation (the first time you meet him, he's a Lost, then the next, he's a Rikti) to drive the point home, but I think it's meant to be something where you connect the dots playing a new character and wondering if you ever learned what the Lost's deal is.

I see. Still, it's good enough for my characters to avoid anachronisms. Learn that the Rikti are humans at level 35 (from Steven Sheridan), then see a Lost become a Rikti at level 40 (from Angus McQueen), and then cure the Lost after that (from Montague Castanella). 

• Like 1

Hero side, it's not in any sort of story arc.  It comes up in some standalone missions (for "Mutant" contacts, I think?) in the early 30s.  They send you to go after some Lost and it's all Rikti there.  Or some such.  It's been a long time since I found that mission (not since the old days), so I forget much more than that.

Villain-side, there's also Timothy Raymond's arcs in Nerva, also in the early 30s.

1 hour ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

South end of Kings Row, usually in the alleyways and along the War Wall.

. . . oh.  Wait.  Geez, sorry.  Force of habit.

If we knew where they were, they'd be called the Found, wouldn't they?

• Haha 1