StriderIV

2 hours ago, Bastille Boy said:

I think there are five required powers:

• Radiant Aura
  • Enervating Field
  • Radiation Infection
  • Lingering Radiation
  • Accelerate Metabolism

The other four powers aren't useless, but I prefer to take more pool powers.

Thanks for all the advice man! Pulled the trigger on a Rad/Sonic 💪🏻

17 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Thanks for breaking it down! After reading through the powers, this makes complete sense. I could see some fun Fallout uses though 😂

Fallout is a potent Nuke that also strongly debuffs any survivors (as in To Hit, Defense, Damage, and Damage Resistance all get debuffed).

But unless you build around it it's very niche as well.  Ideally it works packaged with supporting powers.

1) First you need a corpse.  

2) The corpse needs to be in the right place.  The best way to ensure the corpse is in the right spot was Recall Friend.  Now it's, I believe, going to fall on Teleport Target.  

3) The corpse needs to be still a corpse.  On a PUG even if it is in the right place all too often they'll either Self rez or get rezzed by someone else if they aren't forewarned and remember.  And ideally their prompt needs to be off.

4) Vengeance - used beforehand ... sweetness

5) Mutation - unless you're into dragging around a corpse 🙄 rezzing them only seems fair (PS:  do not go afk when teamed with a bunch of the RO Network's FFoF -> Faithful Fans of Fallout).    Mutation is a rez with some nice buffs applied to the now live teammate.

Several Fallout blasts triggered together will turn even a +4 AV into squishy mush fairly quickly.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Psylenz0511 said:

Ok, I get that there is no love for fallout or choking cloud, but doesn't EM Pulse have a ridonkulous amount of burst -regen for big boss fights? Reddit has a copy of Red Tomax that says EM Pule does -1000% regen for 15 seconds. Stick you envenomed daggers in that!

It does.  Problem I think stems from several things.  Long cool down to duration (can't make it perma).  The set already has Lingering Radiation which while half the value (500% vs 1000%) can be perma, that's more than enough -regen 99.99% of the time.  And unless you're a robot does no damage itself.  Fallout is the actual nuke of the set if looking for damage.  

That said it's a big AoE, not single target.  Want to take the wind out of a bridge worth of Cyclops EB's and Cimmie bosses EM Pulse is going to be a big help compared LR or Benumb.

Follow up with some suicidal teammate with Fallout/Veng/Mutate and those Cyclops are going to have a rough day.

Change that to Fallout, then hit with EM Pulse while everyone else unloads.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthought

I used to poopoo on choking cloud as well, but the last rad/sonic thread with beradical got me to really try it.

If you give it slotting love, it's pretty wonderful. Takes no animation time, so quick contribution in fast teams. Handles all those minions in melee automatically, and stacks to hold a lot of lts and bosses too. Just show up to do all of your other rad stuff and it keeps on chugging.

• Like 1

Yeah it's got a bad rep.  Takes time to stack and work, it's an offensive toggle so get mezzed and it's down.  Neither of the Holds is 100% so it can entirely miss even minions (though that's a tad unlucky, it's not super rare either).  Not enough knowledge on procs but the Lockdown proc for another mag 2 used to be a thing.  Enhanced duration should help with stacking the two holds to get a boss.  No longer sure how often the power checks to see if a hold works (every 2 seconds??).

Edit: if not aware it actually creates 2 hold attempts.  One for mag 1 at 80% chance and a second at mag 2 for a 50% chance.  If both are in effect you get the boss hold.  Note the mag 1 and mag 2 stack with each other, they do not self stack but renew the hold duration as far as I know (per the wiki).

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthought

I built for ranged defense on my rad/sonic, though I do have healthy melee. I have choking cloud fully slotted with the lockdown set. The proc goes off quite often, and it doesn't take long for lts and bosses to be held.

Even without stacking, it is valuable for me to instantly be able to neutralize minions in melee without them running about. Ranged softcap handles the rest 

I also have a procced out hold to instantly guarantee an important boss is held while I burn him down.

It helps that holds have some really awesome set bonuses!

Edited by Onlyasandwich