Tell Me Your Plots

AgentEmu

Currently the SG I'm in is doing a weird time travel/reality breaking event where our characters are transforming into different dimensional versions of each other as space/time collapses in on itself. It makes me wonder what else has been going on in the Paragon and the Isles, lately.

Got a cool plot you've been running or have run in the past and want to talk about it? Tell us!

Edited by AgentEmu

Not current, but one related to that that I'd run in the past had an SG member's "son" come back from the future - accidentally. That timeline was dying, I'd actually created creatures that "ate" dead timelines, while that character's SG mate essentially blamed the *current* roster and time for everything dying and tried to use it as a weapon. (What happens when two points in time are forced to collide?)

Also, those creatures were all time based... so, in large groups, pretty much nobody had anything recharging. >.>

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Had one recently come to its end with a small hero SG I lead. They're smaller street level heroes, and one of their first plotlines involved taking down a serial killer who had some history with one of the team's leaders.

It turned out the arc's big bad had been captured by the Vahzilok years ago and had twisted experiments run on him, when some rookie heroes showed up to rescue him. Only for those heroes to fail due to inexperience, leaving him stuck suffering their experiments for much longer. He snapped and went insane, blaming inexperienced heroes for his suffering and starting to hunt down and murder newbie heroes in a twisted way of making sure only "strong" heroes exist. His corrupted ideals gave him an interesting dynamic against the SG, acting almost both as an antagonist and a mentor with how he would "test" them and give them advice on how to improve as heroes... While in the middle of trying to kill them all of course.

The finale involved the team tracking down his hiding place in the abandoned sewers, at the same underground lab the Vahzilok experimented on him in. During which they learned some of the more nitty gritty details of his history with one of the team's leaders- Or rather his history with who that team leader was impersonating, as it was revealed he wasn't exactly who he said he was. In the end the big bad was defeated with an explosive team attack, a serum to nullify his powers, and the ghost of his first victim showing up to join the fight.

It was a really fun RP plot that spawned a ton of character development for various members of the SG, and that's one of the best things you can hope for from any plot. For characters to be changed by it in some way by the end.

• Like 1

This year has squarely kicked my ass (and not for the "recent events" reasons), so I had to give up on my in-game campaigns.

Where last we left off, however, I had one high-level campaign going on which revolved around a theft of some stolen Rikti technology leading to the revelation that there may be some corruption in the FBSA which needed routing out.

I also had a low-level campaign about some "troubleshooters" operating in the Etoile Isles; mostly locals.  Rogues, leaning toward "heart of gold" territory, but definitely the sorts of people who do not have aspirations of becoming villains (even if they would be considered GUILTY by most Paragonian standards).  They had got a Port Oakesean street meat vendor's license restored after a jilted lover planted evidence of something illegal in the vendor's kitchen and reported it to Arachnos.  Some backroom deals were made to fix that problem.  And then the team had an anonymous but high-paying client have them investigate a bar in St. Martial, but didn't specify -why- they were investigating it.  Things got . . . weird.

Right now I'm running my SG though a post canon storyline Malta plot that has been great fun, but I'm not going to get into detail of, as I intend to leave the AE missions for it and etc up and package it up as something someone else can GM for their groups, or something anyone can individually play through the interactive parts and read a summary of pertinent info between them 🙂

• Like 1