Energy vs street justice and secondary choices?

lokiie1984

I've been trying to decide between street and energy melee now that they've made some changes to it. I've played street to 50 on a stalker once before and enjoyed it but i'd like to try something different. Energy melee seems fun the little i messed with it and i havn't tried it since the early days of live. But i'm stumped on the secondary choice.

I've done shield a lot, and bio, don't like how rad effects look, and i like the idea of SR but i feel kinda squishy.

So i'm curious about thoughts people have. I don't play melee that often so most of the sets are a mystery to me. I suppose if all else fails, i could just do willpower. Or shield, i like the set but not a fan of the shields looks. Wish we had a way to turn off the shield.

Energy melee on scrapper is very fun so definitely give it a go. I suggest you use energy aura as the secondary. It thematically pairs well with energy melee. The heal is nice to heal up the non-crit energy transfers. Energy aura is fantastic. It can easily softcap typed defense (except psi). You can get great resist numbers depending on set bonuses and pool powers. It gives you a scaling +recharge power to help you attack chain. It has a good heal that doubles as a great endurance discount. Plus a recovery power that can boost defense. 

Energy aura can be somewhat endurance heavy before you get the heal and recovery power, but afterwards you never have to worry about it again.  It is also weak against psi, but if you are going to fight pure psi mobs just bring some purple insp with you. For all other content, energy aura is great. Even with the psi hole I consider energy aura to be one of the best armor sets, easily top 3. You really can’t go wrong with energy aura. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

My problem with inv is that it doesn't get that aggro aura until 26. It also doesn't get its status protection aura until 16 while most other sets get it at 10.

Yeah but its only 21 and 11 when exemplared. 

You level so fast these days... 

Energy Aura never gets an Aggro Aura for Scrappers, right?  Just a Debuff?  Not that EA isn't awesome.  

Willpower get one of course.  Willpower is one of the best Scrapper Secondaries.  With no really "holes"  Only some Status vulnerabilities (mainly slow)

Energy Aura is indeed fantastic but if for one reason or another the timing of when it gets various abilities is a concern, Electric Armor is its resistance based  mirror which gets a lot of the same features. It too offers healing, endurance recovery, and a recharge boost  (with the difference being  its recharge value is fixed--you won't get as high as Energy Aura can get but you will never drop to near nothing against a single target either). And if an aggro aura is important to you, it has one.

Edited by Erratic1