More letters for character names.

I'm not against it by any means. It would also help, say, French and German, for instance. Plus, I'll admit, silly usages like various metal bands who use them to look cool. (I had a character at one point called "Rock Dotz," who should have had an umlaut over those Os. No, it makes no sense pronunciation wise, but it did stylistically.)

Potential issues: 

Running a team and someone says "Hey, invite *name with diacritic* to the team." It's one thing if they send you a tell or whatnot, it's another when  you're not used to typing them and have to try to figure out how.

... and I had another one pop into mind and pop right out again. *chuckles.* Ah well. Probably "unintended side effects with the game having to understand these letters now."

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

17 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I'm not against it by any means. It would also help, say, French and German, for instance. Plus, I'll admit, silly usages like various metal bands who use them to look cool. (I had a character at one point called "Rock Dotz," who should have had an umlaut over those Os. No, it makes no sense pronunciation wise, but it did stylistically.)

Potential issues: 

Running a team and someone says "Hey, invite *name with diacritic* to the team." It's one thing if they send you a tell or whatnot, it's another when  you're not used to typing them and have to try to figure out how.

... and I had another one pop into mind and pop right out again. *chuckles.* Ah well. Probably "unintended side effects with the game having to understand these letters now."

CTRL+C / CTRL+V.

By the way: AE Enemies already can be named with special symbols, AV Beatdown Past Edition (21066) has an enemy called "Jötunn" for lnstance. While in Barracuda OP you once encounter an enemy called "Unterfuhrer" (pronounced as "Ounterfoohrer"). We were like "What the dummarschen?" It should be Unterführer (pronounced as "Ounterfewhrer").

We thought by the name of this thread that you want to increase name maximum length, which'd be Awesome for My Main, as We would be able to type in that name "My Imperial Majesty Empress Elaina Inversonia von Heidi de Nibeashe la Lerella Linda Celia Dimensina the First".

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

The soul of wit is brevity.  But I know I'd start using bunches of longer names too, partly because probably every three and four-letter combo's been done by now.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝