No wings or capes for female toons?

Nihil

So I was helping my daughter make a character earlier today and when got down to the back options the only one was the crab backpack! Is there really no wing or Cape options for the female models or did another choice we made maybe lock them out? Seems like a pretty big and obvious ball to of been dropped by the original devs considering how long those were options before the original servers shut down.

You can most assuredly have wings or a cape with female character body types. They're under the Back costume options, but may be locked out due to other costume pieces. Maybe.

That said, Aarachnos Soldiers I think are limited to the Crab Backpack for back options due to the fact that if you go down the Crab path later on, the VEAT MUST have that costume option since it's also the source of their Crab tree's attacks.

Seems like a pretty big and obvious ball to of been dropped by the original devs considering how long those were options before the original servers shut down.

Hey, you should probably not jump to conclusions. All costume pieces are available by default. However, back options are finicky -- depending on what other costume parts you choose, you might not have access to wings/capes. There are a few of them like that.

Here you can see that when wearing a jacket with a long tail, there's no back options available:

2784253d7b33_2019-05-28_02-31-48.png

You'll need to pick a costume part that has no 'flowing physics' like that in order to wear a cape.

Ok thanks guys it seemed odd to me that they wouldn't be there and hadn't, at least to my knowledge, encountered a lock out like that on costume pieces.

Yeah, trench coats, bolero, and other pieces with a flowy back bit like a cape lock out most back options including capes and wings.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

I just want to chime in and say that is an AMAZING costume; I never even thought to put a design on jeans when my characters wear them!

Thanks! That's Starslammer, an OC based on Space Jam and Barkley, Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden. She has magic B-Ball powers.

I just want to chime in and say that is an AMAZING costume; I never even thought to put a design on jeans when my characters wear them!

Unfortunately there are only a few embroidered options for jeans. They do not accept the wide range of designs you find on most pants. But that's okay, you can always use one of those other kinds of pants if you want designs.

I’d also note that there are a couple of “butt cape” options under belts that will disappear if you’re wearing a jacket, or similar.  One of them is the gunslinger dress thing, another is a true butt cape that is only a secondary option to one of the newer belts so if you just scroll through the belts you still won’t see it. But I think those two are butt capes that are compatible with back pieces so far as I know.

Unfortunately there are only a few embroidered options for jeans. They do not accept the wide range of designs you find on most pants. But that's okay, you can always use one of those other kinds of pants if you want designs.

Also unfortunately, despite how realistic those jeans look (they were added as part of the "club wear" options, along with the metallic dress, IIRC) they somehow manage to completely flatten out the character's butt.

Thanks! That's Starslammer, an OC based on Space Jam and Barkley, Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden. She has magic B-Ball powers.

Just be careful not to unleash a Chaos Dunk. Paragon City has already been through enough.