West Libertalia Arcs: #35147 and #35830 (so far).

Take One

Ever since I played the game for the first time back in 200X I was fascinated and amused by the mention of super-powered mercenaries fighting in the small African nation of West Libertalia. When we got the Mission Architect, I always intended to make something taking place in that environment. I never got around to it while the game was alive, mostly because of a lack of arc slots. But now we have unlimited slots and I can go crazy! I have made a couple of arcs on this topic already, but they can probably use more eyes on them. So, a humble request for comments I guess?

The first one (and this one is intended to be played first since it's the introduction to West Libertalia and the situation there, which I will build upon in further arcs) is "West Libertalia Born and Raised" ID #35147. You are a mercenary tasked by Vanguard to deal with a problem regarding their impervium ore shipments, with West Libertalia being the world's leading supplier of the mineral.

The second one is "West Libertalia: Global Empire" and deals with a hectic day in your mercenary's life where you uncover Council bribery plots and political ambitions in the small nation, and foil a Sky Raider plot against almost innocent people. Most importantly, you get paid and clear your name of false criminal allegations which would otherwise harm your reputation.

Edited by Take One

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

2 hours ago, cranebump said:

We have unlimited slots?

They haven't said no to me yet when I've asked for more. I'm going to assume they are unlimited.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

Ah. Well good for you. I asked for slots and get ignored.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

12 hours ago, Kyksie said:

Given that alt accounts are allowed, you effectively have infinite architect slots.

Thtat's what I've been doing, and plan to do in the future. But it'd be nice not to have to make yet another account, especially while it seems some requests are granted, and others are ignored. Anyway, c'est la vie. Is what it is.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

19 hours ago, cranebump said:

Ah. Well good for you. I asked for slots and get ignored.

Oh, did you say something? >.>  🙂

But yeah, it's supposed to be "ask a GM and get slots" from what I've been told (and have done.) Honestly I'd like to have more from the beginning, or have some other way of getting slots added, but *shrug* it is what it is.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I did the first one, and it was a nice fun romp. The player meets Gaussian and saves some Rikti; then, you fly into West Libertailia, but they could only afford a bargain airline that runs out of peanuts. Then you whack some Council (from a custom group) then join up with the Scooby-Doo gang to unmask Old Man Johnson as a ghost. Finally the gang invites you onto their boat to smoke a doobie, but some Sky Raiders try to bogart your stash. Something like that.

This is a quick, fun adventure with good writing and no time wasters. It does tell you what your character thinks and feels in quite a few places, which tends to put off the ultra serious role players, but those people won't be playing this arc anyway, they're in Pocket D roleplaying a six-breasted vampire ocelot.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:26 AM, Kyksie said:

This is a quick, fun adventure with good writing and no time wasters.

Thanks for the review, Kyksie!

• 3 weeks later

I did the first two and really enjoyed them. Good writing and story and It was great to explore a new "place." The customs had nice details and while each story is self-contained there is clearly a through line which makes me want to know more.

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

On 1/26/2021 at 4:09 AM, Ankylosaur said:

Good writing and story and It was great to explore a new "place."

Thanks for the review, Ankylosaur!