Enhancement Screen modification

Icecomet

Hello Dev Team and Happy New Year!  I've been thinking about the enhancement interface and a few changes that I believe could use some quality of life enhancement.

First of all, I'd like to see the Catalysts and Boosters separated on opposite sides of the screen, I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally boosted when I wanted to attune which ends up costing me the loss of a booster.

Secondly, and more importantly, when attempting to + up IO's, 1 at a time on a build where I want +5 on all IO's is really tedious and painful.  This could be GREATLY enhanced if after you select your enhancement, the system recognizes that you added a booster, then it adds another slot, you add another booster, it adds another slot, up to and including the 5th slot.  So the final screen would look something like this.  Again, to be CLEAR, the additional slots would appear 1 at a time as you add a booster to the previous slot until the limit of 5 is reached.

I have mocked up what I think would be a good interface look for my proposed changes to use as a visual representation:

931660602_enhancementscreen.thumb.jpg.e00c0c35f4ef854ab01ec9ba8b245316.jpg

I am not sure how much work something like this would be, so, please pardon me if this is way too much work (or not even possible), but I didn't want to explain it without putting in some work myself to mock up something to clarify what I am looking for.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Icecomet

Edited by Icecomet
Fixed image
  • Like 5

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

This looks good. I personally wish we didn't have to get a window like that pop up every time we want to do something with an enhancement. Right-clicking an enhancement could pull up a menu with options for it like "boost", "catalyze", "upgrade" or whatever. Options we don't have the salvage for would be dimmed out and unavailable.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

8 minutes ago, Take One said:

This looks good. I personally wish we didn't have to get a window like that pop up every time we want to do something with an enhancement. Right-clicking an enhancement could pull up a menu with options for it like "boost", "catalyze", "upgrade" or whatever. Options we don't have the salvage for would be dimmed out and unavailable.

Yeah, that would be fantastic but would probably be a larger undertaking than my suggestion, I was attempting to stay within the current framework that exists and just "expand" it a little based upon my past coding experience, which I admit is getting a bit dated, but often easier expand something that exists than rewrite something from scratch (of course, there are also times a rework makes more sense, depending on the coding and the limitations contained therein).

Thanks for the vote of confidence though, I appreciate you taking the time to read!

Icecomet

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

53 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

I would actually vote for Boosters to be changed to be a flat +5 boost, not requiring 5 of the overly rare items. They are supposed to be more common than Catalysts, but because you really use 5 of them per enhancement, they are used up 5 times as fast.

or increase the commonality?  🙂

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

It's too bad that when a real improvement to the combining system is proposed that it isn't supported better.  88 views on the thread, 2 different people commented and 4 people liked it.  If somebody has a better idea, I'd love to see it or hear it because I've not seen anything proposed within the current coding framework that would improve things.

As for the rarity of boosters, as I don't spend much time on the auction house, I am not sure if they are rare or not, I always have no issue buying 300 at a time to +5 a build, but if they're rare, they could also be seeded to always be well stocked, so, that's definitely another remedy.

Anyway, I took the time to mock up a screen proposal on what it would look like figuring that might inspire or excite some people for a way faster way of making something +5, but it appears I have not accomplished that.  I suppose I'll try to come up with something better and see if it floats or not...

Icecomet

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

On 1/11/2021 at 4:36 PM, arthurh35353 said:

I would actually vote for Boosters to be changed to be a flat +5 boost, not requiring 5 of the overly rare items.

I'm sure somebody will come up with a reason they only want 2 or 3 in some specific situation. (I pretty much don't use them as anything other than something to throw on the auction house.)

About the only thing I'd do differently is, instead of having 5 copies of it, just do a +/- button, or series of dots on the bottom, to pick from 1-5. But that's just me.

2 hours ago, Icecomet said:

It's too bad that when a real improvement to the combining system is proposed that it isn't supported better.  88 views on the thread, 2 different people commented and 4 people liked it.  If somebody has a better idea, I'd love to see it or hear it because I've not seen anything proposed within the current coding framework that would improve things.

Don't take it as "nobody's interested" or that the idea needs to be improved. There are times that nobody really has anything to say to it, just reads it, says "yeah" to themselves and moves on. Not everyone who likes (or is indifferent to) it is going to comment or bother doing more than a like, if that. There's nothing much to argue with or refine here. It's just a simple, straightforward "hey, this," and that's fine too.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

8 hours ago, Greycat said:

About the only thing I'd do differently is, instead of having 5 copies of it, just do a +/- button, or series of dots on the bottom, to pick from 1-5. But that's just me.

Hi, thanks for the input and I couldn't agree more on the +/- thing.  I had thought about that, but, as I said, I was trying to constrain myself to the current framework of how something works because I fear if it becomes a massive overhaul then it is less likely to see the light of day.  That said, maybe an overhaul would be easier, I don't know.  They sure added the "upgrade all" button to update all the TO/DO/SO enhancements in 1 click, so, who can say what would be easier.

Thanks again for the input!

Icecomet

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

16 hours ago, Icecomet said:

As for the rarity of boosters, as I don't spend much time on the auction house, I am not sure if they are rare or not, I always have no issue buying 300 at a time to +5 a build, but if they're rare, they could also be seeded to always be well stocked, so, that's definitely another remedy.

Anyway, I took the time to mock up a screen proposal on what it would look like figuring that might inspire or excite some people for a way faster way of making something +5, but it appears I have not accomplished that.  I suppose I'll try to come up with something better and see if it floats or not...

Icecomet

I mean, it's only been up 3 days now.  🤷‍♂️

Having said that, I agree it's a great suggestion to further improve the interface (which is certainly better than it was- IMO- prior to the most recent update).