TW/Bio Scrapper

StriderIV

Hi all!

A buddy of mine has been running a TW/Fire Brute, and it’s pretty awesome! I haven’t built a scrapper yet on Homecoming, so I thought I’d roll one =]

Was looking at TW/Bio, since it seems like a good, strong combo. However, I noticed in i27 that they made some changes to TW. Apparently passive damage was removed, but some CD’s on skills we lowered. Also, they changed the redraw on it to be more in line with Katana’s.

My question is, how is TW/Bio on scrappers after these changes? Have they had a negative impact, or is it still top tier?

Thanks all!

On 1/15/2021 at 6:29 PM, brasilgringo said:

If I'm not mistaken, you can fill the hole (at least a bit) by taking/running Tactics.

more of a fear hole then confuse hole with tactics as it has both confuse resist and protection where as only fear resist

• 2 months later

True, but both those effects have an accuracy check, usually related to Psi based attack styles. Ramping defense to Psi reduces the chances of them occuring, tactics reduces the effects they have when they do. Now, if you want to gripe over something you cant counter.. Phase Shift! Rularuu power that moves you out of phase for 30 seconds then drops you back into combat to get hammered hard. While you can prep for the return to normality, ive yet to find a way to reduce its chance to occur!

I believe there is something in incarnates that will negate some of the fear effects too, at least some of the time.

while that is true it is also true for most holds and stuns all but psi yet somehow blasters still get hit by both with a soft cap as for fear i tried to solo Jack in irons that cost me alot of BF's on my TW/Bio

From memory, Jack in Irons is the only GM/AV that leverages an effective Fear attack. I'm not sure if it is a cone or not. It can make it annoying to solo him, but on any team it should be less of a problem.

I partially suspect that the effectiveness of Fear (against players) is why we don't have a Very Rare (or PVP) Enhancement set that can be slotted in the general Fear powers.