Just Learned a Lambda Tanker Trick.

VV

I guess I'll put this over here. I learned a new tanker trick tonight. If I hit my heal just at the right instant as Marauder was throwing Nova Fist, I could significantly blunt the damage done.  So, instead of taking all my HP except 1, I would only take about 50%-70%. One time I really timed it good and only took about 20% damage. I'm probably years late on this, but I figured I would go ahead and share, since I hadn't seen it mentioned, anywhere.

(I know I could just back up, but that's not my style. It offends my tankerness. LOL)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Which heal?

I was using Fiery Aura, but I am guessing most any self-heal would work. Y'all test that. I have not tested it with an outside heal, like a Defender healing the tank.

11 minutes ago, VV said:

I was using Fiery Aura, but I am guessing most any self-heal would work. Y'all test that. I have not tested it with an outside heal, like a Defender healing the tank.

So I’m a little unclear on what it is you’re saying then. You’re just healing yourself? After the attack happens. What’s the trick?

3 hours ago, Wavicle said:

lol, that's dumb. The rock should be -Fly.

More than likely. I reported it as a possible exploit years ago before The Snap, however, it was never changed. I assumed they decided it was working as intended. 

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

35 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Recluse doesn’t have webs that bring down flyers? LOL design fail

Nope.  Probably because short of having a Kin spamming Increased Density, hovering is the only way for a Dark Armor/Fiery Aura/Electrical Armor Brute/Tanker to successfully tank Lord Recluse.

Just now, Wavicle said:

Well...Was, surely, no? Isn’t it now possible with the improvements to Res bonuses?

Not that I know of.  I tried about a half dozen different methods, and the only ways Lord Recluse didn't send my Electrical Armor Brute flying was to either have a Kin spam Increased Density, or hover tank.

4 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Maybe an Electric Defender with Faraday Cage would be easier than the Kin? Lol that’s a lot of kb...

From what I understand, Faraday Cage only provides ten points of knockback protection and no knockback resistance, which wouldn't be enough either, especially on its own.

Yeah.  It's one of the main reasons why I've been pushing to get knockback resistance added to the three, 'cause I honestly can't see the justification for excluding it anymore.  The original justification is that the three (Dark, Fiery, and Electrical), have damage auras, so the penalty is no knockback resistance.   But seeing as that was thrown out the window with Bio and Rad...

2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Ice already had a damage aura...

I always thought it was because Electric and Dark got Psi resistance and Fire does so much extra damage beyond just the aura...

Maybe.  Just repeating what I've been told by a few different people, although yours would make more sense. 

12 hours ago, Apparition said:

From what I understand, Faraday Cage only provides ten points of knockback protection and no knockback resistance, which wouldn't be enough either, especially on its own.

Yeah.  It's one of the main reasons why I've been pushing to get knockback resistance added to the three, 'cause I honestly can't see the justification for excluding it anymore.  The original justification is that the three (Dark, Fiery, and Electrical), have damage auras, so the penalty is no knockback resistance.   But seeing as that was thrown out the window with Bio and Rad...

Agreed, not having KB inherent in the sets just seems silly at this point in the game.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

On 1/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, Wavicle said:

So I’m a little unclear on what it is you’re saying then. You’re just healing yourself? After the attack happens. What’s the trick?

Nope, I'm actually preventing much of the damage. Rather than my HP going down to 1, then healing for the amount of my heal, my HP goes down to about 50% then heals the amount of my heal. It has to be timed right. NOT after the attack happens. During the animation of the attack. Just after he raises his fist, right as he starts it toward the ground, that is the best time. If you do it before he starts animating, like when the warning flashes, you will heal, then he will hit you. If you do it after the attack hits, you take the full damage, then you heal. You have to do it during the animation. I hope that clarifies.

1 minute ago, VV said:

Nope, I'm actually preventing much of the damage. Rather than my HP going down to 1, then healing for the amount of my heal, my HP goes down to about 50% then heals the amount of my heal. It has to be timed right. NOT after the attack happens. During the animation of the attack. Just after he raises his fist, right as he starts it toward the ground, that is the best time. If you do it before he starts animating, like when the warning flashes, you will heal, then he will hit you. If you do it after the attack hits, you take the full damage, then you heal. You have to do it during the animation. I hope that clarifies.

That definitely sounds like a bug.

On 1/19/2021 at 12:46 AM, Apparition said:

Yeah.  It's one of the main reasons why I've been pushing to get knockback resistance added to the three, 'cause I honestly can't see the justification for excluding it anymore.

Shoot, that would be sweet. Anything that makes Fiery more powerful is okay by me, not that it isn't already plenty powerful.

2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

That definitely sounds like a bug.

Jeez, now I'm sorry I so politely answered your questions. Go test it yourself, then. I'm just trying to be nice and share knowledge with my tanker brethren and sistern. I guess that's how the old saying goes, "No good deed goes unpunished," eh?

Just now, VV said:

Jeez, now I'm sorry I so politely answered your questions. Go test it yourself, then. I'm just trying to be nice and share knowledge with my tanker brethren and sistern. I guess that's how the old saying goes, "No good deed goes unpunished," eh?

Excuse me? I’m not attacking you, I’m just saying I don’t think it’s supposed to work like that. Relax.