Build Request - Dual Blades/Energy Aura

Tigraine

Dual blades is probably my favorite melee set and energy aura is one of my top three armors.  So its no surprise that my DB/EA scrapper is one of my favorites. This is the build I use.  Here are the highlights:

-Softcapped typed defense (except psi) with a little buffer on all except negative.  Energy drain can be used if you are getting debuffed to provide some extra defense.  

-Use energize whenever it is up.  While it is up you won't have any endurance problems and it provides a nice regen bonus.

-I take rune of protection on my energy aura characters.  It is up 50% of the time and offers a nice boost to damage resistance across the board.  Basically like a smaller crashless T9.  It stacks nicely with the baseline resists and set bonuses.

-Hasten is a few seconds shy of perma.

-Built without incarnates in mind so you are free to choose whatever incarnates you want.

This build focuses on the blinding feint + attack vitals combo (Ablaiting>Vengeful>Sweeping). This is the reason that the critical strikes set and proc is in vengeful slice (we want sweeping strike to crit).  Ablaiting and sweeping have the -res procs in there to help boost your damage. In my experience this does great damage and has the benefit of suiting both single target and AoE needs.  You have typhoons edge for some extra AoE if you need it.  1K cuts is useable, but I really only use it as a mule for set bonuses and don't really use the power all that often.  Play with the build to see the totals with rune on and off as well as with energy drain on and off.

The Build:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 3.0.1.9
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Dual Blades
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Sorcery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Slice -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(3)
Level 2: Ablating Strike -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Hct-Acc/Rchg(5), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Hct-Dam%(7), AchHee-ResDeb%(9)
Level 4: Dampening Field -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(11), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(11), RctArm-EndRdx(13), GldArm-3defTpProc(13), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15)
Level 6: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(15), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 8: Blinding Feint -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), GssSynFr--Build%(21)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), Rct-ResDam%(23)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(25), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(25), RctArm-EndRdx(27)
Level 18: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29)
Level 20: Energy Protection -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(29), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), RctArm-EndRdx(31)
Level 22: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 24: Vengeful Slice -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(34)
Level 26: Sweeping Strike -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Rchg(36), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Arm-Dam%(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37)
Level 28: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 30: Spirit Ward -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Arcane Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Rune of Protection -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(40), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(42), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 38: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(43), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(45), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 41: Energy Drain -- RedFrt-Def(A)
Level 44: Typhoon's Edge -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(45), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(46), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Obl-%Dam(47)
Level 47: Super Jump -- Empty(A)
Level 49: One Thousand Cuts -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(49), Erd-%Dam(49), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(50), ClvBlo-Dmg/Rchg(50), ClvBlo-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Momentum 
------------

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 2

I've had a little time to look over the build in detail, and overall it looks pretty solid.

I admit I'm curious about the decision to break up the Scrapper's Strike set and lose out on the nice Res bonus. I understand that the Gaussian's proc can give a decent damage boost, but with Blinding Feint being one of the lower damage attacks in the chain to begin with, is it worth the tradeoff?  Similarly, I can look at the missed Tox/Psi Res from Hecatomb and Armageddon, though given the infrequency of those damage types I can better understand this (though the mez resistance is still decent).

I filled some of the empty slots in the build, mostly with basic IOs.  I did drop a Zephyr knockback reduction into Super Jump; figured it couldn't hurt.  Also, Celerity's +Stealth into Sprint because why not?

The Sorcery pool doesn't really fit with the theme of the character I'm building (science-based), but there aren't really any better options I can find, and RoP is a great Res boost, so I may just handwave it.

• Like 1

How important is softcapping fire/ice and negative def?

I don't think it's all that important for 99% of game play. S/L/E is enough, with mez resist and a self heal and def debuff resistance it's more durable than melee blasters and scrappers also have access to shadow meld on top of ROP. For the 1% of game content that does feature pure fire/ice/neg/psi damage a quick recharging shadow meld to absorb the alpha is usually enough.

I always like having ranged options on melee ATs. Even with my Titan/EA I fit moonbeam and super proc soul storm in. My DB/EA has the same treatment:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Captain Scissa: Level 50 Natural Scrapper
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Nimble Slash -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(5)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def(7)
Level 2: Ablating Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), Dmg-I(11), GldStr-%Dam(11), Hct-Dam%(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(13)
Level 4: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 6: Typhoon's Edge -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(9), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Arm-Acc/Rchg(17), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(19)
Level 8: Blinding Feint -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(19), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(21), HO:Nucle(21), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(23), GssSynFr--Build%(23)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(15)
Level 14: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25), Rct-ResDam%(27)
Level 16: Dampening Field -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(17), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(27), RctArm-ResDam(33), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 18: Vengeful Slice -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(31), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 20: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-Def(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33)
Level 22: Energy Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 26: Sweeping Strike -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(36), Dmg-I(36), Arm-Dam%(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37)
Level 28: Energize -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal(39)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(40), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(42), RedFrt-Def(42), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-EndRdx(48)
Level 32: Tactics -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(42), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(43), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(43), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(43)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Apc-Dmg(46)
Level 41: Shadow Meld -- HO:Membr(A)
Level 44: Soul Storm -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), Apc-Dam%(46), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(46), GldJvl-Dam%(47), Dcm-Build%(47), HO:Nucle(48)
Level 47: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(49), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(49), UnbGrd-Max HP%(50)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Cognitive Core Flawless Interface
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
------------

Edited by Nemu
  • Like 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

48 minutes ago, Tigraine said:

I've had a little time to look over the build in detail, and overall it looks pretty solid.

I admit I'm curious about the decision to break up the Scrapper's Strike set and lose out on the nice Res bonus. I understand that the Gaussian's proc can give a decent damage boost, but with Blinding Feint being one of the lower damage attacks in the chain to begin with, is it worth the tradeoff?  Similarly, I can look at the missed Tox/Psi Res from Hecatomb and Armageddon, though given the infrequency of those damage types I can better understand this (though the mez resistance is still decent).

I filled some of the empty slots in the build, mostly with basic IOs.  I did drop a Zephyr knockback reduction into Super Jump; figured it couldn't hurt.  Also, Celerity's +Stealth into Sprint because why not?

The Sorcery pool doesn't really fit with the theme of the character I'm building (science-based), but there aren't really any better options I can find, and RoP is a great Res boost, so I may just handwave it.

While the 6 piece scrapper strike set bonus is nice, it isn’t make or break in my opinion. You lose out of 6% s/l, but I don’t really think you’ll notice. When rune is up it caps out s/l anyway.

The guassians proc though is noticeable when it fires. It won’t fire as often as when you have it in a normal build up power, but it will fire every so often giving you a nice boost. The proc increases your damage and so it would apply after it hits and runs it’s roll. The damage bonus would then apply for 5 seconds (I think that’s amount of time), which is enough to go through the whole rotation.  It’s not really there to make blinding feint hit harder, but rather because blinding feint is what procs it. 

While you can go for more toxic/psi resist if you want, I like having the extra damage from the -res procs myself. However, there is no issue with going for the 6 piece bonus on those sets.

The sorcery pool is probably the biggest break from the norm. That is just my thing. I take it on EA, shield, ninjitsu, and SR because I can softcap without maneuvers on those and I really like the added mitigation. I also take it on Regen.  Most builds I put up will have it in there because that is my flavor. However, it certainly isn’t required.  You could go down the leadership pool instead if you wanted to and get closer to the incarnate softcap.  Whatever works best for you and your concept. I have just found that rune of protection has worked out great for me. 

Edited by Saikochoro

Well, it's not just the 6% s/l; between the three incomplete sets you're missing out on 30% mez resist, which would bump most of the status res from 50% to 80%.  But I don't know how critical that is compared to the damage output; stuff can't mez you if it's dead.

Good point on Gaussian's; for some reason I was thinking of it only applying to the first attack; not the full 5 seconds.

Leadership is a possibility; I would just worry about the toggles being too END heavy.

1 hour ago, Tigraine said:

Well, it's not just the 6% s/l; between the three incomplete sets you're missing out on 30% mez resist, which would bump most of the status res from 50% to 80%.  But I don't know how critical that is compared to the damage output; stuff can't mez you if it's dead.

Good point on Gaussian's; for some reason I was thinking of it only applying to the first attack; not the full 5 seconds.

Leadership is a possibility; I would just worry about the toggles being too END heavy.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a problem getting mezzed with energy aura. So I’ve never chased after mez bonuses. Leadership toggles can be expensive, but energize works wonders for endurance management. You could also go down a completely different pool power too. 

As a scrapper Mez protection is something you just should no worry about; I have only seen it matter with Ghost Widow on the STF and those buff does not solve ghost widow. Damage, recharge, defense , HP, regen and resistance are things you chase as a scrapper depending on your build.

Edited by hejtmane

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

On 1/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, Nemu said:

How important is softcapping fire/ice and negative def?

I don't think it's all that important for 99% of game play. S/L/E is enough, with mez resist and a self heal and def debuff resistance it's more durable than melee blasters and scrappers also have access to shadow meld on top of ROP. For the 1% of game content that does feature pure fire/ice/neg/psi damage a quick recharging shadow meld to absorb the alpha is usually enough.

I always like having ranged options on melee ATs. Even with my Titan/EA I fit moonbeam and super proc soul storm in. My DB/EA has the same treatment:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Nimble Slash -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(5)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def(7)
Level 2: Ablating Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), Dmg-I(11), GldStr-%Dam(11), Hct-Dam%(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(13)
Level 4: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 6: Typhoon's Edge -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(9), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Arm-Acc/Rchg(17), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(19)
Level 8: Blinding Feint -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(19), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(21), HO:Nucle(21), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(23), GssSynFr--Build%(23)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(15)
Level 14: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25), Rct-ResDam%(27)
Level 16: Dampening Field -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(17), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(27), RctArm-ResDam(33), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 18: Vengeful Slice -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(31), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 20: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-Def(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33)
Level 26: Sweeping Strike -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(36), Dmg-I(36), Arm-Dam%(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37)
Level 28: Energize -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal(39)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(40), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(42), RedFrt-Def(42), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-EndRdx(48)
Level 32: Tactics -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(42), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(43), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(43), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(43)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Apc-Dmg(46)
Level 44: Soul Storm -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), Apc-Dam%(46), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(46), GldJvl-Dam%(47), Dcm-Build%(47), HO:Nucle(48)
Level 47: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(49), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(49), UnbGrd-Max HP%(50)
Level 1: Quick Form
------------

@Nemu, I really like your build! What does your attack chain usually look like?

Edited by Zer0 Hour

There is almost enough recharge to run binding -> ablating ->sweeping for single target and that was what I was originally shooting for when I set out to make this scrapper.

I have energize on auto, and there are enough other click powers I use that the need for a seamless rotation of the above chain is never necessary. For prolonged fights I will usually just splice in the snipe and the hold in between the BAS rotation. With energize almost perma and on auto I seldom need to use energy drain.

Typhoon is used when there are multiples, but I almost never use vengeful or nimble end game, it's just there for the set bonus.

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

7 hours ago, Nemu said:

There is almost enough recharge to run binding -> ablating ->sweeping for single target and that was what I was originally shooting for when I set out to make this scrapper.

I have energize on auto, and there are enough other click powers I use that the need for a seamless rotation of the above chain is never necessary. For prolonged fights I will usually just splice in the snipe and the hold in between the BAS rotation. With energize almost perma and on auto I seldom need to use energy drain.

Typhoon is used when there are multiples, but I almost never use vengeful or nimble end game, it's just there for the set bonus.

@Nemu Cool. So you just skip the combos?

Thank you for the insight. I'm really enjoying the build so far!

Edited by Zer0 Hour

• 11 months later

If you wanted to continue using ROP the build doesn't change much, take a lot out for ROP and put the final ATO into nimble slash for a easy 6% resist, change the 3 slots in ROP to 3 unbreakable guard for some end discount and energy resist and max HP from the unique. That's a quick and dirty edit.

I went back to tough/weave though, stayed on the semi-glass cannon route by electing not to throw slots to hardcapping S/L resists. Got even more recharge, and this is what I respecced into:

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Nimble Slash -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(5), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(7)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), WntGif-ResSlow(7), Ksm-ToHit+(15)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(27), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(33), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(34), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(34), MckBrt-Rchg(40)
Level 12: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def(25)
Level 16: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17)
Level 18: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(27), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(29), Rct-Def/Rchg(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 28: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(39), Prv-Absorb%(42)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 32: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 47: Vengeful Slice -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(48), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Hct-Acc/Rchg(49), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(49)
Level 49: Dampening Field -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 49: Quick Form
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1624;779;1558;HEX;|
|78DA6594DB4FD36014C0BFAE1D65638C8DC1C66D0C10D8D8A56C5E124588172E090|
|28664CF66A9F0C12A6534EB48C4A8D1FF408DC61763F4D13FC357AFFF86CA558D89|
|3E9879D6733E195993E6D773BE73EF69976ECFF8D6D6E62E33C93F6DEAB65DC8AF9|
|475CBE265F5BA5ED92EEB2683CB3FAD5B15DD280DE4570CDBD65550F508BBC21237|
|39D766B675B370D5D457B9DDF7FF6886AFF192CDB5D9122FAFEF14AE40BCE07CA9C|
|8CBBC54D1C4836F796BCBD416B96E19A5F556479833D68B1590BC8E94B7385F6D13|
|56ABBC6C170DAB7BD63256B47C45373720517E6BDB2C2CE976859777BAA0BA0CDC7|
|76A65E25575B37732633985B93E103F22954FC4CFC8F87B92C3E026A1B3C43A2547|
|D9D481BCAB8A33882C3D521C65F313A4370AEA9C87791318C9977221DF02430A0B8|
|3B34C915DB288DC8BC6FEBFA08E2AEC1E18B92983E23E5F8BA0B2E60B48FF043270|
|11D93E89BC0F4E2A935C4E59EA532CA7FD19B2E33171128E55998539CAE137589E0|
|A0D7BA82CB7A788CA1E0339700B39B8413491F14DA40B32B750B9ACA50A176B8278|
|ADA2CD56A74D957505B0DD2E1AA40C7E6DE427B5FDC21904FED02B80C3A0A828788|
|0CA9E4364DF11F13BB2FF07F127D203E943E42C8768CAFD73B2F36A06AE1117D0B8|
|198C3BC9987546E029AAB221481F111B104931A78141E24338EC161BD0FD124779E|
|A15F135913661780AA7347C09D379215DAF68ACF70B2A87BF2247BF1177897BC8B1|
|7D64103247C5C8A234D7B833570F0BC1614C34123B07804A5A20DD10635E6797860|
|EB1B6B15D64728FB84F3C40D6AA1A110B38927139E1D31A719C984566D2D8E06F1F|
|6309B10689895A7A99D5FA4A8951A5E6D13293236EE29BD1D2D89DF602CCE20A1B7|
|7B694B107706BA20C6D149DC6E3C404323B464C22DDD070564C217B1A23C794E30F|
|BADAA71CFF1A6A32ECEB62DD397CA018695939FED099E4D8EDC31C256127D5FE336|
|07770429940E5E109E52096717442F91CD32C24A1604A534D36D6966D54E51A5567|
|1A55671B559E007427722D8620BF10D21D2088094D45EA841BDE3AB39BF5825E2F2|
|CD70BFF0092E3FCE9|

There are people that seemingly can't play a anything without softcap defenses and hardcap resists. Don't be a scrub, man the $#@% up. 😁

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

41 minutes ago, Nemu said:

If you wanted to continue using ROP the build doesn't change much, take a lot out for ROP and put the final ATO into nimble slash for a easy 6% resist, change the 3 slots in ROP to 3 unbreakable guard for some end discount and energy resist and max HP from the unique. That's a quick and dirty edit.

I went back to tough/weave though, stayed on the semi-glass cannon route by electing not to throw slots to hardcapping S/L resists. Got even more recharge, and this is what I respecced into:

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Nimble Slash -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(5), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), WntGif-ResSlow(7), Ksm-ToHit+(15)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(27), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(33), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(34), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(34), MckBrt-Rchg(40)
Level 14: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def(25)
Level 18: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(27), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(29), Rct-Def/Rchg(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 28: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(39), Prv-Absorb%(42)
Level 47: Vengeful Slice -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(48), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Hct-Acc/Rchg(49), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(49)
------------

|CD70BFF0092E3FCE9|

There are people that seemingly can't play a anything without softcap defenses and hardcap resists. Don't be a scrub, man the $#@% up. 😁

@NemuLove the comment on the end and thanks so much for reposting!!

I guess I will take a look but I just cant do it without a travel power so flight with ROP is more ideal I suppose

Edited by Drederik

I've got one I'll share below.  I didn't like /ea and ended up rolling db/sr and it was sooooooooo much better.  

Level 50 Natural Scrapper
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Nimble Slash

• (A) Hecatomb - Damage
  • (15) Hecatomb - Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (31) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance

Level 1: Kinetic Shield

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (7) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (7) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 2: Ablating Strike

• (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (3) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (5) Gladiator's Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (5) Damage Increase IO
  • (9) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 4: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 6: Typhoon's Edge

• (A) Armageddon - Damage
  • (9) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (15) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (19) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance

Level 8: Blinding Feint

• (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance
  • (11) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (11) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (13) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure
  • (13) Superior Critical Strikes - RechargeTime/+50% Crit Proc
  • (19) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 10: Entropic Aura

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 12: Fly

• (A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 14: Power Shield

• (25) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (25) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (27) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 16: Dampening Field

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (17) Aegis - Resistance
  • (27) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance
  • (33) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge

Level 18: Hover

• (A) Empty

Level 20: Tough

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (21) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (21) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (23) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance

Level 22: Energy Protection

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 24: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (34) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 26: Sweeping Strike

• (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (34) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (36) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (36) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Damage Increase IO

Level 28: Energize

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb
  • (33) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • (34) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (37) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (37) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (39) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime

Level 30: Combat Jumping

Level 32: One Thousand Cuts

• (A) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (37) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Recharge/Critical Hit Bonus
  • (50) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 35: Energy Drain

• (A) Power Transfer - Chance to Heal Self
  • (40) Power Transfer - Damage/Accuracy/Endurance
  • (42) Power Transfer - Damage/Accuracy/Recharge/Endurance
  • (43) Power Transfer - EndMod
  • (43) Power Transfer - Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Power Transfer - Damage/EndMod

Level 38: Energy Cloak

• (A) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (40) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (42) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (43) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge

Level 41: Focused Accuracy

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 44: Weave

• (A) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (45) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (46) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (46) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge

Level 47: Laser Beam Eyes

• (A) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (48) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (48) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (48) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (50) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 49: Overload

• (A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 1: Brawl

1 hour ago, Nemu said:

Hero Profile:
------------

|CD70BFF0092E3FCE9|

How do you like DB/Energy overall as a Scrapper? Seems like it could be a good combo with all that recharge.

48 minutes ago, Drederik said:

I guess I will take a look but I just cant do it without a travel power so flight with ROP is more ideal I suppose

There's athletes run from P2W and it's variants, and you can buy temp jet packs from P2W, They are slower than pool travel powers but they'll get you around just the same.

2 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

How do you like DB/Energy overall as a Scrapper? Seems like it could be a good combo with all that recharge.

At the time I made this build, the changes to stone armor hasn't taken place yet, so keep that context for my comments below:

I look at synergies. If I wanted a high recharge DB build that can skip the combos I have to have a few things in place:

A secondary that offers a recharge boost - that narrows my candidates to electric armor, super reflexes, rad armor and energy aura

A secondary that offers some sort of endurance management tool, high recharge builds mean that I will burn through end quicker, and high recharge builds also lend themselves to procs which further compounds the endurance issue - that narrows my choices down to electric armor, rad armor and energy aura

A secondary that is easy to build for survival, which gives me the option to slot powers not for survival but for recharge/procs - that narrows my choices down to energy aura, because I would have had to dedicate an inordinate amount of resources to electric or rad armor to shore up survival. Since DB doesn't have any mitigation my survival depends entirely on the armor set, rad might do a little better than electric but it's far easier to just softcap Energy aura and call it a day.

So do i like the build? Of course. I saw the synergies, set my expectations accordingly and the build does what I expect it to do.

I would have stuck with EA even with the stone armor changes. EA has superior endurance management tools and that matters to me since I don't spend all my time playing at 50 spamming ageless. There's no doubt that stone armor will do more damage though. EA also has a proper taunt aura.

People that frown at the fact that the build doesn't have 75% S/L resist will probably not like the build, but like I said, don't be a scrub. man the $#%@ up! 😁

• Thumbs Up 2

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

2 minutes ago, Nemu said:

There's athletes run from P2W and it's variants, and you can buy temp jet packs from P2W, They are slower than pool travel powers but they'll get you around just the same.

At the time I made this build, the changes to stone armor hasn't taken place yet, so keep that context for my comments below:

I look at synergies. If I wanted a high recharge DB build that can skip the combos I have to have a few things in place:

A secondary that offers a recharge boost - that narrows my candidates to electric armor, super reflexes, rad armor and energy aura

A secondary that offers some sort of endurance management tool, high recharge builds mean that I will burn through end quicker, and high recharge builds also lend themselves to procs which further compounds the endurance issue - that narrows my choices down to electric armor, rad armor and energy aura

A secondary that is easy to build for survival, which gives me the option to slot powers not for survival but for recharge/procs - that narrows my choices down to energy aura, because I would have had to dedicate an inordinate amount of resources to electric or rad armor to shore up survival. Since DB doesn't have any mitigation my survival depends entirely on the armor set, rad might do a little better than electric but it's far easier to just softcap Energy aura and call it a day.

So do i like the build? Of course. I saw the synergies, set my expectations accordingly and the build does what I expect it to do.

I would have stuck with EA even with the stone armor changes. EA has superior endurance management tools and that matters to me since I don't spend all my time playing at 50 spamming ageless. There's no doubt that stone armor will do more damage though. EA also has a proper taunt aura.

People that frown at the fact that the build doesn't have 75% S/L resist will probably not like the build, but like I said, don't be a scrub. man the $#%@ up! 😁

Haha I love it. You read my mind, I was going to ask how you felt it stacked up to the new /Stone. I guess /Stone will output more damage, and it does have SOME endurance management.

And nice! EA has a taunt aura, even on scrappers? I could see that being a big push for EA over Stone, if you plan to solo a lot.

25 minutes ago, Nemu said:

Yeah, those just make me feel sad because I am not going fast enough 😞

I guess you can get the mission TP and others to get around and save time too but ugh, so slow

With /sr you won’t need any end boost. I played both db /ea and /sr to incarnate levels and /sr is just better. Especially when any -def debufs are involved. Both t9s are negligible but good mules and might be more relevant if content gets harder. The heal is cool but isn’t as good as the resist that scales. 

• 3 weeks later

I figured I would share my updated DB/EA scrapper build.  A few points:

• All types softcapped, except of course psi and toxic.
  • I beefed up the resistances mainly on s/l/e/n
  • I have entropic aura set at 5 enemies for an average.
  • Overall I was more focused on mitigation (boosting resists) than offense, though I haven't been disappointed damage wise.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.1.2

Level 50 Magic Scrapper

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Slice -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(3), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(3), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19)
Level 2: Dampening Field -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(7), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(9), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(50)
Level 4: Ablating Strike -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Rchg(13), Hct-Dam%(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(15)
Level 6: Power Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(15), Rct-Def/Rchg(17), Rct-ResDam%(17)
Level 8: Typhoon's Edge -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Obl-%Dam(21), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Erd-%Dam(23)
Level 10: Blinding Feint -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(29)
Level 12: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Energy Protection -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(29), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(31), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ImpArm-ResPsi(47)
Level 18: Vengeful Slice -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 20: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(34), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(34), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), ImpArm-ResPsi(47)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 26: Sweeping Strike -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dam%(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 28: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(40), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(40), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 30: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(43), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(48)
Level 41: Soul Storm -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(48), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(48), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 44: Spirit Ward -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Mystic Flight -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
------------

• Like 1

It's a really good combo. You should check out the Pylon Thread. There are a few very high performing builds with that combo there.

Dead is the best status effect you can apply to something. Outside of maybe Confuse, which helps you make things dead.

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2022 at 12:38 AM, Thrax said:

With /sr you won’t need any end boost. I played both db /ea and /sr to incarnate levels and /sr is just better. Especially when any -def debufs are involved. Both t9s are negligible but good mules and might be more relevant if content gets harder. The heal is cool but isn’t as good as the resist that scales. 

EA can get further -def debuff protection through Ageless. An SR might just want Rebirth as where EA can skip it with having Energize. EA might not need Ageless, but ED's cast time isn't great, and I would rather spend time killing.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."