How is TW after the tuning pass?

Sovera

With all the fixes it seems a lot more interesting. Does it still exemplar horribly? What is the new rotation like? Last I read there was a small bug with Crushing Blow generating momentum. Has someone tested a TW tanker on a pylon and has some numbers?

I never played Titan Weapons until the recent changes so I don't know what it was like beforehand, but I now have a 50 Tanker with Titan Weapons and it is very smooth and free flowing including while levelling. If you attack, regardless of hitting or missing, you get momentum, and it just works.

I had actively avoided Titan Weapons since I never had a good concept for it and I had read the horror stories. I suggest you give it a try since I found it really enjoyable in its current form!

I actually really like TW after the changes.  I'm sure it does somewhat less damage but it flows really nicely.

I try to open with Crushing Blow as the non-momentum animation is still really fast.

Note:  I don't have a tanker with TW, I do play a Brute with TW a lot though.

• Like 1

TW/Regen Brute here. I was in the 30 so past most of the difficult times at the time of the change, but it does play more smoothly. No End issues and faster Recharges should make lower levels go faster, at the cost of some DPS at the top end. Given how high the DPS was, it seems fine to me. Defensively, the faster rotation with the knockdowns keeps the characters safer... that's more of a concern for a Brute or Scrapper than a Tank, though.

• Like 1

I have been leveling up an Electric Armor/Titan Weapons tanker this past week... no xp buffs, no farming, just soloing content (started in Praetoria) with a Mortimer Kal run and an ITF run thrown in. The character is level 41 currently, and I have no idea what is a good rotation for TW or not, but the character performs pretty smoothly. I found that even at low levels when I had just 2 and then 3 attacks, things cycled well enough that I spent very little time waiting for an attack. But I am intentionally taking my time and trying to get a feel for the power set so that i have some idea beyond button mashing when I get to 50.

3 minutes ago, CosmicDreamShade said:

I have been leveling up an Electric Armor/Titan Weapons tanker this past week... no xp buffs, no farming, just soloing content (started in Praetoria) with a Mortimer Kal run and an ITF run thrown in. The character is level 41 currently, and I have no idea what is a good rotation for TW or not, but the character performs pretty smoothly. I found that even at low levels when I had just 2 and then 3 attacks, things cycled well enough that I spent very little time waiting for an attack. But I am intentionally taking my time and trying to get a feel for the power set so that i have some idea beyond button mashing when I get to 50.

There is still no harm in running Rend > Follow Through > Arc of Destruction > Crushing Blow > FT > Repeat as your chain. It is fairly easy to achieve using standard slotting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Black Assassin - Torchbearer