Sign in to follow this  
Sicken

Worlds greatest feature request...

Allow me to take n of my alts and turn them into NPC teammates on a mission or TF.  There could be a "teammate" setting screen that basically controls your alt's basic AI during a mish.

Sicken would be a fan.

I like the idea as a concept. It would be a nightmare of horrible AI choices, but that would be more than half the fun, right?

This thread might belong in Feedback & Suggestions, though.

• Like 2

Put the alts into AE mishes as allies.

• Like 2

Looking for SFMA content over multiple arcs? Search for the following arcs under "cranebump."

Part I: Ordinary People=Standard Operating Procedure, Hope and Bullets, The Last Full Measure: Investigation of a series of thefts leads you deep into a vengeful plot that threatens all of Paragon City. Will you and Kings Row's "ordinary" heroes be able to stop it?

Part II: The Omnibus Initiative=Friends & Lovers, Data Games, The Omnibus Project: A missing person investigation leads you into a multi-layered conspiracy, revealing an insidious organization (and a window into what happened during the "7-year gap" of missing Paragon history).

Part III: Time's Tender Traps=Full Circle, Much Madness, Liberation Game: It's a race against "time" to prevent the recently discovered Mobius Strip from being weaponized. But are Wards Prime (and you) already too late? (NOTE: In a bit of collaboration, this arc features a crossover character from Darmian's Dark Deeds mega-tale, which has its own time-related elements [and which you should go play...now...I'll wait).:-)

Part IV: Penumbra=Dempsey’s Hard 8, A Flag and Sign, Auguries of Fate and Time (testing):  Palliderium has weaponized the Mobius Strip, removing all of Arachnos from the current time stream.  But considering that this group’s calculating, emotionally wounded “Pale Queen” can now order the removal of almost anyone at will, is this little more than a devil's bargain? Has the world traded Lord Recluse for something worse?

For now @cranebump's  suggestion is as near as you're going to get it. Other than that you're looking at a customizable MM wish list thing!

Edited by Darmian

AE Arcs: Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) | Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374)

Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210)

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) | Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642)* | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104)* | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489)*

*Praetorian.

15 hours ago, Darmian said:

For now @cranebump's  suggestion is as near as you're going to get it. Other than that you're looking at a customizable MM wish list thing!

Perhaps not... exactly... the only way to come close to the OP request.

We have seen in several missions that 'duplicates' of the player (or entire team) at mission instancing appear as enemies, perhaps a slight step in the requested direction would be to have a mission where the duplicate of the mission holder (or team) appear as Pets/Allies instead?

It certainly isn't going to pull characters from the database that aren't in the mission (upon instance) but it would a nice change of pace.

I'll add this: on some of the missions where a duplicate of your character appears, I've changed (mid-mission) my build and costume to take them down with the alternate build... which is why this feels a little bit like getting other characters from my own personal roster.

What's being proposed here is one of the core rewards/incentives I would introduce with a new game system that's been noodling around in my brain (related to:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/19762-new-redside-content-ambitions/ ).  However, I just got word today that I'll be starting a new job as a head chef, so I'm thinking that my already limited time for game-related shenanigans is going to get cut down even further, so I won't be able to compose that game design doc which has been burning a hole in my brain for the past fifteen years.

But . . . yeah.  The short of it:  Absolutely!  BUT as a reward for completing a series of story arcs.