Claws/Rad or Kat/Rad

StriderIV

Hey heroes!

Specific question for you Scrapper Studs and Studdetes (can I coin that term?) out there.

I'm looking to build a second scrapper after LOVING my Stj/Bio @nihilii shared with me. I'm looking at /Rad secondary (since it seems pretty well rounded and has a T9 that is actually worth taking).

I'm just trying to determine which primary to pair it with: Claws or Katana?

Both seem really cool and could fit the build with what I'm trying to make. I've only rolled Claws once, as a Claw/Elec Brute. Haven't messed with Katana much at all, besides seeing a buddy play his one a lot.

Do either one of these primaries offer a specific synergy with /Rad? Anyone have input on either or? I'm looking for a hero that will be good at general content, but also have a decent time against AV's/GM's.

Thanks in advance all!

Claws is overall the best set IMO. It does very well in single target, aoe, and soft controls as an attack, especially if you slot KB to KD into focus. For me, I choose t8 or t9 depending on the character/armor set and how I expet to play it. If I want more dmg t8 if I want more control t9. 

All that said katana is good too, and gives you a defense bonus in the attack chain, and /rad is probably comfortably top 3 for scrapper secondaries so you'll be fine with either choice.

Best way to decide really is in the costume editor. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

You'll get more aoe with claws and possibly more st damage with claws as well, depending on how you build. But kat has some seriously satisfying crunch to it.

Good to know. I mean, a satisfying "crunch" is an important factor as well haha.

• Like 1

Just now, Rokkeb said:

Claws is overall the best set IMO. It does very well in single target, aoe, and soft controls as an attack, especially if you slot KB to KD into focus. For me, I choose t8 or t9 depending on the character/armor set and how I expet to play it. If I want more dmg t8 if I want more control t9. 

All that said katana is good too, and gives you a defense bonus in the attack chain, and /rad is probably comfortably top 3 for scrapper secondaries so you'll be fine with either choice.

Best way to decide really is in the costume editor. 

Appreciate this insight, ty! Good to know about the T8 and T9 in Claws.

It seems like I'll get more AOE and control in claws. Bonus of Kat really seems to be the +defense for a bit more tankiness.

38 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

haha I bet it was fun while leveling though 😛 Claws is fast and frenetic.

yeah i just get bored at 50, farming incarnates isn't fun to me. so i do some fun 50 stuff then i make a new character. its about time for a new claws scrapper i think. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rokkeb said:

yeah i just get bored at 50, farming incarnates isn't fun to me. so i do some fun 50 stuff then i make a new character. its about time for a new claws scrapper i think. 

haha yeah man, still so torn between the 2 primaries. I might just have to go into costume creator like you suggested and see what pops up.