Note, cataclysmic badge and damage dealt badges

KaizenSoze

A note about the damage dealt badges that I have not seen explicitly stated.

Overkill damage does not count. I tried this out of spawns in Perez Park.

At 50, I could clearly see that I was doing 3K+ damage with Vorpal judgement to every mob.

But the badge counter would only add around 2000 damage total for the whole spawn.

If you don't want to farm that Oro mission, then the next best is to do high level content.

I would suggest Dark Astoria "radio" missions. You'll can be level 53 verses 54 mobs.

• Thanks 1

Not entirely sure how helpful this would be, but if you can survive Red Widow in the Valentine's arc and since you can't kill her, you could hit her up for damage.  I did see damage done (and taken) work toward the badges.

Might be a couple other missions out there where you can't actually defeat the target, but wrack up damage done.

Edited by lemming
Added speculation

• 3 months later

Doesn't damage dealt decrease on enemies higher level than you? I would think the optimal mobs would be -3 to -5 or so, where you get a damage boost for being higher level, but the enemy still has enough hit points to rack up the counter better.

I fear my choice of empathy defender badge toon was shortsighted...

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

On 2/14/2021 at 2:49 PM, lemming said:

Not entirely sure how helpful this would be, but if you can survive Red Widow in the Valentine's arc and since you can't kill her, you could hit her up for damage.  I did see damage done (and taken) work toward the badges.

Might be a couple other missions out there where you can't actually defeat the target, but wrack up damage done.

Have you happened back to confirm this by any chance?

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Have you happened back to confirm this by any chance?

I haven't but I'll see if I can check one of the other arcs with a similar.  I just know at the time I saw some movement in those badges

• Like 1

Use Mender Ramiel's first mission,  you are unkillable.    Get all the ghosts of the AVs to surround you.    Control+left click your incarnate judgement power to auto fire every time it recharges. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 alts with all the badges!

On 6/10/2021 at 2:40 AM, Voltor said:

Use Mender Ramiel's first mission,  you are unkillable.    Get all the ghosts of the AVs to surround you.    Control+left click your incarnate judgement power to auto fire every time it recharges. 

Judgement does work, mostly because it is immune to the capped recharge boost you get in the mission, but it does recharge pretty slow. Best to find another AoE that normally has a long recharge that is brought down under a minute. For some ATs, the epic sets can be a good place to look. On my Defender and Controllers I used Soul Drain from Soul Mastery. My stalker on the other hand didn't have any good options and had to fall back on judgement.

• Thumbs Up 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

On 6/17/2021 at 3:23 PM, Burk said:

Judgement does work, mostly because it is immune to the capped recharge boost you get in the mission, but it does recharge pretty slow. Best to find another AoE that normally has a long recharge that is brought down under a minute. For some ATs, the epic sets can be a good place to look. On my Defender and Controllers I used Soul Drain from Soul Mastery. My stalker on the other hand didn't have any good options and had to fall back on judgement.

Any AOE will work. If you can find something with a near 30sec recharge, that works best. My Warshade used Sunless Mire (26 sec recharge in mish) for the badges.

The DoT you get during the mission does the heavy lifting for you, fortunately.

42 minutes ago, PluckySidekick said:

Any AOE will work. If you can find something with a near 30sec recharge, that works best. My Warshade used Sunless Mire (26 sec recharge in mish) for the badges.

The DoT you get during the mission does the heavy lifting for you, fortunately.

Right, the DoT is the main thing, but you since you need to put the AoE on auto, you want the lowest recharge you can without killing the AVs. I'm just not entirely certain how low of a recharge you can get, but apparently 26s is fine.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.