SJ/SR Scrapper Build

Hamstrdam

Can anyone give me advice on a good SJ/SR build?  My scrapper is level 50 and I took some bad advice about a build and now she seems to be lacking endurance as well as some hp.  She does decent damage but it feels she should be stronger.  I don't plan to keep Teleport Target and am not sold on Confront or Elude, so basically I'm option to any options.  I'm lousy with Mids so any help or advice you can give is appreciated.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Bad Juju: Level 50 Natural Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Street Justice
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Teleportation

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Initial Strike

• (A) Crushing Impact - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Crushing Impact - Damage/Endurance
  • (3) Crushing Impact - Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Crushing Impact - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Crushing Impact - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Crushing Impact - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 1: Focused Fighting

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (7) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (9) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge
  • (9) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (11) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (11) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 2: Heavy Blow

• (A) Superior Critical Strikes - Accuracy/Damage
  • (13) Superior Critical Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (13) Superior Critical Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (15) Superior Critical Strikes - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (15) Superior Critical Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (17) Superior Critical Strikes - RechargeTime/+50% Crit Proc

Level 4: Focused Senses

• (17) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (19) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge
  • (19) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (21) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (21) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 6: Combat Readiness

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (23) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 8: Agile

• (23) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge
  • (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 10: Rib Cracker

• (A) Hecatomb - Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Hecatomb - Damage
  • (27) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (27) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (29) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance
  • (29) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 12: Practiced Brawler

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (31) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 14: Fly

• (A) Freebird - Endurance
  • (31) Freebird - FlySpeed

Level 16: Dodge

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (31) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge
  • (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 18: Spinning Strike

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (33) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (34) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown

Level 20: Quickness

• (A) Flight Speed

Level 22: Confront

• (A) Perfect Zinger - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (36) Perfect Zinger - Taunt/Range

Level 24: Maneuvers

• (36) Endurance Reduction
  • (36) Endurance Reduction

Level 26: Shin Breaker

• (A) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage
  • (37) Overwhelming Force - Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

Level 28: Lucky

• (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 30: Tactics

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (40) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
  • (40) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 32: Crushing Uppercut

• (A) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Recharge/Critical Hit Bonus

Level 35: Evasion

• (A) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (43) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (45) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Red Fortune - Defense

Level 38: Elude

• (A) Endurance Modification IO

Level 41: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (46) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 44: Kick

Level 47: Tough

• (48) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 49: Teleport Target

• (A) Range IO
  • (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 1: Critical Hit 

Level 1: Brawl

Edited by Hamstrdam
Edited to add build

Can anyone give me advice on a good SJ/SR build?  My scrapper is level 50 and I took some bad advice about a build and now she seems to be lacking endurance as well as some hp.  She does decent damage but it feels she should be stronger.  I don't plan to keep Teleport Target and am not sold on Confront or Elude, so basically I'm option to any options.  I'm lousy with Mids so any help or advice you can give is appreciated.

I'm no build guru, but I do love StJ/SR scrappers, so I'll try to give some useful advice here, with the caveat that I tend to prioritize theme before performance, and that there are FAR MORE QUALIFIED people than myself.  Maybe someone will read this and give their own advice (hopefully correcting any bad advice I inadvertently give you).

Firstly, I don't get too hung up on hit points when I'm running SR characters.  The idea of SR is that you hardly ever get hit, so you don't need quite so many hit points as other builds.  My own SR scrapper has a bit over 1500 hps and does fine.  You have around 1750 hp, so you should also be fine.

I imagine you do struggle with endurance management (I have this problem too, and will probably do some respecing to improve it).  I noticed you have two-slotted preventative medicine and numinas convalescence, and that you 4-slotted performance shifter.  I would advise that you just keep the procs from those three sets and replace the other five slots with more healing/endurance modification procs/globals that boost your endurance, as possible, then fill out the rest with whatever (will probably be absorb or regen/healing).

With regard to getting hit, I do think you need to try to get to soft cap on your positional defenses.  You seem to be hovering around the low to mid 30's, and you really need to hit 45.  A lot of people over tune into the 50's, to address defense debuffing.  This is wise, when you anticipate fighting enemies stronger than yourself.

SR characters are one powerset where I DO worry about getting incarnate powers (typically, I don't bother, unless it fits my theme), because SR are all about not getting hit, as opposed to soaking up the damage, and so having at least one or two level shifts from your incarnate powers is extremely helpful for survivability if you do a lot of high level content and/or run at +4 notoriety.

Beyond that, I would just take a look at some of the sets you have slotted and try to replace some of the ones that are more resist focused with ones that are more defense focused.

Hopefully, that will give you some place to start and some of our local build wizards will see this and give you more focused advice.  Good luck! 

Edited by Grindingsucks

Thanks for replying.  I've had the extra slots in health and stamina since early levels and you're right, I need to switch that.  I tend to look at the two main powersets and forget to adjust those as I level up.  I'm struggling with resistance here, not really sure how to increase it.  Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

Sure, no problem.

Out of curiosity, do you primarily solo or play in groups, or do you more or less do a mix of the two?  A good group can cover for a lot of deficiencies that a particular character might have.  My own StJ/SR Scrapper I typically run at +4/1 or +4/2.  He can +4/8 some content, but he has to be VERY cautious and use a lot of hit and run tactics.  In groups, I have essentially no trouble running +4/8 content.

With regard to resist, you can probably improve it some, but with a SR character there may be a limit to what you can achieve.  Your resists are actually all better than mine, at the present.  As an example, my defenses and resists presently look like this:

KipResist.thumb.PNG.dc4ebdeb6009663026a516afb02f904b.PNGKipDef.PNG.e18162a874a360d3660c14b9e27aa2e5.PNG

As you can see, my Resists are generally much lower than yours and my Defenses considerably higher.  I will typically gobble one defense and one resist inspiration before jumping into combat.  In groups, I always try to let any tanks or brutes advance first and draw aggro.  This is also extremely helpful to survival.  When Soloing, I will approach by stealth, fire build up, then combat teleport to the enemy and hit them with a crushing uppercut, followed by a spinning strike.  If I get in trouble, I combat teleport out and run away with super speed to regroup and rest, rinse and repeat.

I did forget to address your comment about powers.  I would HIGHLY recommend trading teleport target for combat teleport and setting up macros for CT, assuming that doesn't mess with your concept too much.  CT is one of the most useful powers in the game for melee AT's.  I did not take either confront or elude so, yes, I would recommend you switch them up for something more useful.  Conserve Power and Physical Perfection, from the Body Ancillary Pool, would be good choices to address your endurance issues (I plan to respec into them, myself, for just this purpose.  Just having trouble figuring out what to give up in order to take them.  lol).

Hmm....interesting, never really thought about CT.  Definitely going to look into it.   I've been mostly soloing with her; tbh she's been sitting around waiting for an overhaul.  She was my first toon since Rebirth and was always fun to play.  I'm going to take your input on board, look hard at my defenses and see what I can come up with.

I have a StJ/SR Stalker, so it isn't exactly the same, but I can point out some differences. That toon is one of the ones where I have 2-slots each in Health (Panacea, Miracle) and Stamina (Performance Shifter, 50+5 IO), so it runs 'hot'.

I also have Evasion 5-slotted, but with Reactive Defenses, for an Endurance Discount. This includes the Scaling Damage Resistance piece.

I also have Tough very late in the build (lvl 49 for me), but I don't toggle it on. I use it to mule Steadfast Protection, Gladiator's Armor and Unbreakable Guard.

I don't use Confront. I like taunts, but in practice the auto-hit single-target Confront has very narrow uses where it will be necessary (or useful). Super Reflexes isn't (IMO) a great set (for a Scrapper) to try to hold aggro from single AV/GM opponents with... just PUNCH 'EM! FULL DISCLOSURE: My StJ/SR Stalker has Provoke (Presence Pool) 6-slotted with Mocking Beratement (I like those set bonuses better than Perfect Zinger). Provoke requires a ToHit check, but it can hit multiple targets. I tend to use this power on low-ish level content with PUGs that can't well-handle alpha-strikes or are otherwise drawing too much aggro. Above a certain level I find that it is only useful for protecting a Controller/Defender that gets in over their head.

I very rarely slot more than the Global Recharge pieces for Luck of the Gambler. My reasoning is:

• Generally, extra slots in a Defense power is overkill... I find this is especially true for toggles and powers that don't provide any extra effect.
  • I'm not crazy about the multi-slot set bonuses from LotG (mileage varies depending on AT, and Primary/Scondary)
  • I can get more of the precious Defense/Endurance Reduction/Recharge by boosting common IOs or using PVP Shield Wall.

For example, I have Focused Fighting with only 4 slots (1 LotG, 3xShield Wall). With all that said: if Enhancement Diversification is cutting in, I will occasionally 3-slot LoTG (if the Global Recharge piece is desired/planned in a power)... this isn't a point of dogma for me.

Agile is an auto-power, which makes it a perfect place to slot teh Kismet +accuracy (really +ToHit). You don't have a Snipe, so this is less important.

If you intend to only have 2 -slots in Combat Readiness (I have 6 slots on my StJ/WP Scrapper, I like Gaussian's set that much - it contributes a further Endurance discount, damage buff and defense buff at 4,5,6 pieces)  I suggest that you replace the ToHit piece with pure recharge IO (boosted). You will get more mileage from having the power available more often than by just boosting the To Hit.

Flight Speed hits the speed limit quickly, so You may have an extra slot that can be pulled from there, or different slotting choices could be made in Fly. (I don't think that Regeneration from the Freebird set bonus is as valuable as other options, YMMV)

I have 5xHecatomb and 1xUnbreakable Constraint (%smashing) in Crushing Uppercut, and the ATO sets in Heavy Blow and Rib Cracker.

Edited by tidge

18 hours ago, tidge said:

I have a StJ/SR Stalker, so it isn't exactly the same, but I can point out some differences. That toon is one of the ones where I have 2-slots each in Health (Panacea, Miracle) and Stamina (Performance Shifter, 50+5 IO), so it runs 'hot'.

I also have Evasion 5-slotted, but with Reactive Defenses, for an Endurance Discount. This includes the Scaling Damage Resistance piece.

I also have Tough very late in the build (lvl 49 for me), but I don't toggle it on. I use it to mule Steadfast Protection, Gladiator's Armor and Unbreakable Guard.

I don't use Confront. I like taunts, but in practice the auto-hit single-target Confront has very narrow uses where it will be necessary (or useful). Super Reflexes isn't (IMO) a great set (for a Scrapper) to try to hold aggro from single AV/GM opponents with... just PUNCH 'EM! FULL DISCLOSURE: My StJ/SR Stalker has Provoke (Presence Pool) 6-slotted with Mocking Beratement (I like those set bonuses better than Perfect Zinger). Provoke requires a ToHit check, but it can hit multiple targets. I tend to use this power on low-ish level content with PUGs that can't well-handle alpha-strikes or are otherwise drawing too much aggro. Above a certain level I find that it is only useful for protecting a Controller/Defender that gets in over their head.

I very rarely slot more than the Global Recharge pieces for Luck of the Gambler. My reasoning is:

• Generally, extra slots in a Defense power is overkill... I find this is especially true for toggles and powers that don't provide any extra effect.
  • I'm not crazy about the multi-slot set bonuses from LotG (mileage varies depending on AT, and Primary/Scondary)
  • I can get more of the precious Defense/Endurance Reduction/Recharge by boosting common IOs or using PVP Shield Wall.

For example, I have Focused Fighting with only 4 slots (1 LotG, 3xShield Wall). With all that said: if Enhancement Diversification is cutting in, I will occasionally 3-slot LoTG (if the Global Recharge piece is desired/planned in a power)... this isn't a point of dogma for me.

Agile is an auto-power, which makes it a perfect place to slot teh Kismet +accuracy (really +ToHit). You don't have a Snipe, so this is less important.

If you intend to only have 2 -slots in Combat Readiness (I have 6 slots on my StJ/WP Scrapper, I like Gaussian's set that much - it contributes a further Endurance discount, damage buff and defense buff at 4,5,6 pieces)  I suggest that you replace the ToHit piece with pure recharge IO (boosted). You will get more mileage from having the power available more often than by just boosting the To Hit.

Flight Speed hits the speed limit quickly, so You may have an extra slot that can be pulled from there, or different slotting choices could be made in Fly. (I don't think that Regeneration from the Freebird set bonus is as valuable as other options, YMMV)

I have 5xHecatomb and 1xUnbreakable Constraint (%smashing) in Crushing Uppercut, and the ATO sets in Heavy Blow and Rib Cracker.

This gives me a lot to think about, taking the stalker/scrapper differences into account.

If I have more than one LotG Global Recharge slotted, does double the bonus?  I was told yes, now I'm thinking the person I listened to might have been a bit confused.   I'll definitely go take a look at the other sets and see what the bonuses are compared with what I've been using.   I've tended to stick with one enhancement set in a power,  that's maybe something else I need to start looking at.  Is there a reason you don't toggle Tough on (just curious as to the reasoning)?  Also, do you have that slotted with the proc powers?

God I feel like a total noob, can't thank everyone enough for the advice they've given.

Edited by Hamstrdam

2 hours ago, Hamstrdam said:

If I have more than one LotG Global Recharge slotted, does double the bonus?  I was told yes, now I'm thinking the person I listened to might have been a bit confused.   I'll definitely go take a look at the other sets and see what the bonuses are compared with what I've been using.   I've tended to stick with one enhancement set in a power,  that's maybe something else I need to start looking at.  Is there a reason you don't toggle Tough on (just curious as to the reasoning)?  Also, do you have that slotted with the proc powers?

The LotG Def/Gobal Recharge piece is a little different than many other "Global" pieces. The LoTG piece is NOT unique, so you can have as many as you want! But,..

...by itself, the piece grants a particular type of bonus, and only the FIRST FIVE of any particular type of bonus will "work" within a build. Not that the 7.5% boost to Global Recharge is different than 7.5% boosts from having slotted multiple pieces from a single set and getting a "set bonus" that way. This "five is the limit" is why you can't get +60% global Recharge from Superior ATO and Very Rare sets.... but for many ATO you can get 50% from the Very Rare/Purples and NOT attune the ATO set for +57.5% should you desire (and still add five LotG pieces!)

Some powers are more 'natural' for using different enhancement sets than others. Some commonly seen suggestions:

• I explained my Defense and Resistance choices above, but with so many good 'Global' pieces I almost always mix and match
  • It is common to 5-slot a Very Rare set in an attack, and add a Very Rare %proc as the 6th piece
  • long-ish recharge AoE for low damage scale AT can improve their damage output by adding reliable "%damage" procs, because the proc damage isn't tied to the AT scale (often this is less useful for high-damage-scale AT, unless the AoE isn't a high-damage attack, like DNA Siphon) Holds specifically have many %damage procs,
  • Long-ish recharge (or many-target) AoE attacks often can benefit from a %debuff. I'm not as quick to add this to all of my toons, since "resistance resists resistance debuffs", but I won't argue that it doesn't help.
  • I've only seen relatively few advocates for increasing the size (length) of ranged cones, but I'm a true believer here. So few sets will have pieces increase range by themselves so going outside of sets is a necessity (obviously, this advice is less important for Scrappers)

Have fun, and be sure to visit the Market forum to get some ideas how to afford all of the different pieces you want for your builds!

SCRAPPERLOCK FOREVER!

• Like 1

I feel like I avoided this part:

3 hours ago, Hamstrdam said:

Is there a reason you don't toggle Tough on (just curious as to the reasoning)?  Also, do you have that slotted with the proc powers?

The pieces that go into Defense/Resistance sets aren't procs, they are globals. A Global piece will generally work down to the lowest level that the piece it will work at. For a PVP or attuned piece, if the set can (typically) be slotted at level 10, it will work down to level 7 (I'm nearly certain of this, but I haven't actually tested). You also don't need to have the power available to get the bonus.

For Resistance, I prioritize slotting:

1. Gladiator's Armor +3% Defense (This is a PVP, but can be attuned)
  2. Steadfast Protection +3% Defense (and some Resistance) <- This is a low level range piece (10-30), so it can be slotted early, but it may as well be attuned
  3. Unbreakable Guard +7.5% Health <- More HP is always useful, and 2-pieces of this set give an Endurance Discount, 4-pieces add resistance to NRG/Neg/S/L.

Depending on the AT and Primary/Secondary, I will consider adding the Psi/Mez Resists. I always take a travel power, so if I need Knockback protection I usually use Blessing of the Zephyr in the travel power instead of Steadfast Protection.

Okay, so now to answer: "Why don't I toggle Tough?" Now that you know that for a character with few Resistance powers I have taken Tough and slotted it with global pieces, you should be able to see that Tough is providing S/L at only slightly above it's base (11.3% ?) resistance (with some improvement if the Steadfast Protection piece is in it)... so for a majority of fights, Tough being toggled on means that when facing enemies that do S/L damage, instead of 200 points of damage I would take 174 points... if they hit. While there ARE enemies where I want the extra S/L resistance, I generally feel that for high DPS characters the 'best resistance is a dead enemy'. Since Tough is only working against S/L, and I play against all sorts of content across levels, I only toggle it on in very specific circumstances.

Bio has the option to switch to Defense Adaptation, it already has Hardened Carapace, and the Global Defense piece Reactive Defenses Scaling Damage Resistance will kick in with damage taken.

EDIT: I forgot this wasn't the Bio Scrapper thread!

Edited by tidge

Ok, that makes a lot of sense!  

When I played on Live I simply slotted whatever looked good and went out to kill and be killed.  Being older and (not so much) wiser now I'm trying to understand the finer points of enhancements.  I appreciate all the time you've taken to explain this to me.  Thank you again!

• Like 1

There's a thread entitled "Claws/Super Reflexes low cost IO build advice" by Rustbeltcomics on Feb 1st (currently not quite on the next page) with build advice on SR as well as Bill Z Bubba's current Claws/SR build and info about where my Claws/SR build is in these forums.

I've yet to run a SJ character but I have run a ton of /SR scrappers and brutes to 50 on Live and my main here on HC is a Claws/SR (as it was on Live).  First thing I'd do is get those positional defenses to 45+.  I'd be looking for 46 to maybe 48.  More, unless pressing on towards the Incarnate cap, is largely wasted provided your ddr is at or near 95%.  That would be the next most important build goal, get the DDR to 95%.  After that I went hard for gaining +maximum health and +regen.  Ended up on Live with over 2100 health and regen around 32 hp/sec.  Bill Z worked to get his recharge to the point he could triple stack Follow Up.

Starting to nod off, must sleep for now.  Be back for more specific thoughts on your build.

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 1

I'm going to stick to the non-SJ side of the build and let others comment on the SJ component.  I've also got to confess after a year with no computer, internet only on a phone while on HC and only about 4 months of gaming time prior to my machine going belly up my old memories of the build are getting foggy with time and blending in my head with the few dozen builds created since she was first created in i3.

Going to agree pursuing 6 slotted LotG in your toggles is not worth what those 2 or 3 additional slots give you in either enhancement or set bonuses.  I used either 3 or 4 slots in most of my later builds --> def, def/end, def/endred/rech, and "builders choice".  In her last planned build it did not include the LotG def/increased global rech special.  They were elsewhere in the build.  I used either LotG or Shield Wall in those slots as my overall build goal was/is to maximize health and passive regeneration.

For the passives.  First it's pointless enhancing either endred or rech (or anything but defense).  They are always on and use no endurance.  As such any enhancement for either is a byproduct of seeking set bonuses.  Conceivably you could use 2 slots with 50+5 defense IOs and call it a day.  Since I was looking for set bonuses mine were 3 slotted --> typically def, def/rech, def/increased global recharge.  Both for the passives and toggles the goal is to hit ED for defense which also maxes out the ddr they provide and get the desired set bonuses for +max health and +regeneration.  I'm also specifically not seeking any set bonuses for defense.  Any set bonuses for defense are purely a byproduct of chasing other bonuses.  This leaves me free to chase other potential set bonuses (recovery, recharge,  +max endurance, +max health, regen, accuracy, etc.) as well as,  if desired, use +def set bonuses to get to the I-cap defensively.  

There's a whole mess of special IOs I'll work to get into the build as well but I'll have to get back to that as real life calls for now.

Special IOs I'm looking to incorporate are Kismet +6%, both +3% defense uniques, +5% resist all, scaling resists, +max health, 5 LotG increased rech, stealth, and probably a couple my old brain is forgetting atm.

You should skip Elude, it offers very little to a soft capped build.  If you end up really enjoying /SR then perhaps on an alternate build experiment with it.  There are a few potentially niche builds and or foes where it may prove useful but by and large it's very skippable for the vast majority of content (and the crash is nasty if you don't finish the fight or get to safety before it happens).

Practiced Brawler needs only the base slot unless you regularly exemplar very low.  And I'd probably slot endred not recharge though that's not a make or break decision and again if exemping the recharge will be more important (especially prior to Quickness).

I'd single slot Assault for endred.  If at 50 you're still having end issues then revisit the build and or forums as it should/can be a thing of the past.

Tough is where you stick any special Damage Resistance IOs like the 2 special +3% defense IOs uniques.  Mine is toggled on and in use.  The new(er) Sorcery pool is another way some builds are going grabbing Rune of Protection.  I have yet to try it on SR but it looks interesting ... .  

Confront I would not take on my primary build.

You've taken the Fighting pool so grab Weave.  3 or 4 slots pretty much like your toggles. Ditto for Maneuvers.  This should put you at or near the softcap and capped ddr. 

Hope this set of posts helps.

I like to double-slot Practiced Brawler with recharge reductions and cntrl-click it to make it perma.  I know people generally prefer to perma haste, but I find it more play friendly to click haste when I need a little extra dps boost, as I run enough toggles that having it on all the time is more of a pain, because it burns through my endurance too quickly.

Granted, I frequently decline to take Haste at all, on many builds, because I'm not in the camp of it being a "must have/necessary" power.  In my opinion, it's usually overkill- particularly at the end game stage of play.

• Like 1

• 1 month later
On 2/18/2021 at 6:26 AM, Grindingsucks said:

Sure, no problem.

Out of curiosity, do you primarily solo or play in groups, or do you more or less do a mix of the two?  A good group can cover for a lot of deficiencies that a particular character might have.  My own StJ/SR Scrapper I typically run at +4/1 or +4/2.  He can +4/8 some content, but he has to be VERY cautious and use a lot of hit and run tactics.  In groups, I have essentially no trouble running +4/8 content.

With regard to resist, you can probably improve it some, but with a SR character there may be a limit to what you can achieve.  Your resists are actually all better than mine, at the present.  As an example, my defenses and resists presently look like this:

KipResist.thumb.PNG.dc4ebdeb6009663026a516afb02f904b.PNGKipDef.PNG.e18162a874a360d3660c14b9e27aa2e5.PNG

As you can see, my Resists are generally much lower than yours and my Defenses considerably higher.  I will typically gobble one defense and one resist inspiration before jumping into combat.  In groups, I always try to let any tanks or brutes advance first and draw aggro.  This is also extremely helpful to survival.  When Soloing, I will approach by stealth, fire build up, then combat teleport to the enemy and hit them with a crushing uppercut, followed by a spinning strike.  If I get in trouble, I combat teleport out and run away with super speed to regroup and rest, rinse and repeat.

I did forget to address your comment about powers.  I would HIGHLY recommend trading teleport target for combat teleport and setting up macros for CT, assuming that doesn't mess with your concept too much.  CT is one of the most useful powers in the game for melee AT's.  I did not take either confront or elude so, yes, I would recommend you switch them up for something more useful.  Conserve Power and Physical Perfection, from the Body Ancillary Pool, would be good choices to address your endurance issues (I plan to respec into them, myself, for just this purpose.  Just having trouble figuring out what to give up in order to take them.  lol).

Sounds fun! Willing to share your build?

I don't plan my builds in mids, but I can provide screenshots of my enhancement management screen.  He's also improved some after a respec, so the numbers will be different (better) now.  I'll post some screenies of those, too.  Still has what many would take to be unacceptable resist vulnerabilities, but I find he performs exceptionally well in most +4 content and pretty much always in groups.

He's even more survivable now, though if say a sapper gets a lucky hit before I can take 'em out, those toggles collapse and it's all over but the cryin'.  😆

KPSP1.thumb.PNG.092b4828c8f1e0e5c1659ef30f18b4dc.PNG

KPSP3.PNG.6a8d6842d56843715407d688506dc979.PNGKPSP2.thumb.PNG.e54c33645d9846dd466a70b2bb74ff2f.PNG

KPSR.thumb.PNG.2deb074edb6524d52dd34e35aac32d83.PNGKPSD.PNG.c34d16281c7ed239c68b474caf5b979a.PNG

As you  may notice, resists are now even lower, while defense is much higher to handle any -def issues and attacks from higher lvl mobs and such.  He's a speedster, so I think this is fitting with his theme.  His body is a bit tougher/durable than a standard human (You have to be, to withstand the stress of charging around and making sudden starts/stops at 90 mph) but he's never gonna be shrugging off bazooka shells like the Thing/Hulk.  That's fine by me.  I don't want an invulnerable god.  I want a fun, powerful hero with a few interesting weaknesses who still needs to play smart and use strategy like hit and run tactics and such.

Anyway, I hope the OP has since learned the joy of StJ/Willpower Scrappers.  😁👍

• Like 1

I would recommend looking at Mids (or the equivalent), if only to see the effects of enhancement diversification/boosting. especially in the Defense powers. You can play around with unslotters as well, if you are more of a hunt-and-peck sort of builder.

I think the Kismet piece is probably in an ineffective spot, since you will only get the bonus when Weave is toggled on (in this build). I don't know what levels you are playing at, or if you really care, but typically if I want the extra +ToHit, I will put it in as early (per level) chosen defensive toggle as possible, balancing against potential other slotting choices. I think on a similar build I have it dropped into Agile (because I felt could sacrifice a little bit of the extra ranged defense)

Thanks for the advice, tidge. 🙂👍

I typically use City of Data to get a solid grasp of what powers do and Paragon Wiki to see what enhancement sets do for bonuses.  Weave is always on, so I always get the global/proc bonuses, unless I have the misfortune of getting zapped by a sapper or some such (Oh, yes- this happens! 😛).

I'm a bit of an odd bird, in that I frequently slot with an eye for enhancements that thematically reinforce my RP concept, and/or produce a cool visual effect when they fire.  I do, of course, consider combat effectiveness as well, though this is often a secondary or tertiary concern for me as I find the game sufficiently easy that I enjoy having some notable gaps/weaknesses to make play more challenging and exciting.  These sorts of Achilles heels are often related to my character concept, as well.

On a somewhat unrelated tangent- another odd quirk about me is that my characters abilities frequently change because I may "borrow" enhancements by unslotting them and emailing them to myself, to be used on a different character.  Later, I may unslot them again and return them to the original character (or a different one), depending on which  character I want to enjoy at any particular time.

Yes, this is expensive in the long run, but I typically always have enough inf on hand to unslot the enhancements I need and put them on a different character.  This saves me a lot of farm grinding (which I loathe) to save up the influence to buy them for every character.  

I agree with Tidge I'd move the Kismet to either FF or FS and downsize all three passives to two slots and then boost the remaining 2 to +5 (using 1 of those slots to hold the Kismet).  Your positional defenses are in an in between place.  Too high for your softcap needs in my experience by 4 or 5% or too low against the I-cap.  Your DDR should make it extremely hard to drop via defdebuffs.  Now if you're regularly finding your self up against foes with a +5% to hit buff ... 

On 3/26/2021 at 7:24 PM, Grindingsucks said:

Anyway, I hope the OP has since learned the joy of StJ/Willpower Scrappers.  😁👍

Yes, definitely have found the love for my scrapper.  Used the advice here, spent time getting the influence to build up some decent enhancements and she's a lean, mean fighting machine now.  Thank you all for the advice and tips!

8 minutes ago, Hamstrdam said:

Yes, definitely have found the love for my scrapper.  Used the advice here, spent time getting the influence to build up some decent enhancements and she's a lean, mean fighting machine now.  Thank you all for the advice and tips!

😎 👍

• 4 weeks later

This is my fresh 50 SJ/SR Scrapper. So far love him.

Red Impact: Level 50 Technology Scrapper
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Medicine
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Heavy Blow -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(23), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(31), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 1: Focused Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(5)
Level 2: Focused Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(5)
Level 4: Agile -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11), Rct-ResDam%(11)
Level 6: Sweeping Cross -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dmg(23), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 8: Rib Cracker -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(21), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 10: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(15), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 16: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 18: Spinning Strike -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Rgn-Dmg(21), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(31), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42)
Level 20: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 22: Injection -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A), DflEgo-RecDeb%(50)
Level 24: Aid Self -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 26: Shin Breaker -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Hct-Dam%(27), Hct-Dmg(27), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 28: Lucky -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(29), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(29)
Level 30: Practiced Brawler -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Crushing Uppercut -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(33), Mk'Bit-Dam%(33), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(40), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 35: Evasion -- GifoftheA-Def(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(36), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Combat Readiness -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(45), PrfShf-End%(45)
Level 47: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(48), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(48)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(7), PrfShf-End%(7)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1402;688;1376;HEX;|
|78DA75944B4F13611486BF69A714065ACAB5DC4B8BD0D2D281E2255E3026881A952|
|A52E216C7F66BA98E6DD36284A50B7F837F4051379AF80FDCAA801157EA5E883712|
|2F5113530FF31E4A374ED23C73CE9CDB7B66BEC697A61A1E9FB97D4228EE93A6512|
|ACD279245A35090456D4E26177279339F59167469B332D57FF646C1482E3AC9F4EE|
|86CDC7A529A53E59346E99D95CC657F14FC9B4CC95A49EB8B963CDCAB429976449B|
|866F279533F9DCD2C2C527883654D4BA340061EC5652A9BCCE6A46659898294A9A6|
|53856C529FCCA796E7E346695116973B688401FAADB60BBECA0E71C726444C15ED5|
|2B5D87705F41B60F42A389A04E33B3A142BD726DA14CB677383AA065EA018856394|
|FFC45CA418BB3261C5D8CFDB2D9FF697CC5EE237D86B34A703751C8E099EF330D87|
|704F41F05478E81D1E3E02BCA75B246E73AEA35AF81ADCF41FF0B30FC128CAE8236|
|4AAC435F51B7BB1FF2D5B3A67AD6D4D0CAF480768A71F1BCAE71D4727B154B93FB3|
|7EC7DDF993F98BFC04B94DBC8FB68E4FA1EDE998777F69A3435B1A6269EABF910D8|
|3ACE7BD90F0E1F601E0467A97E0B6B6A890AC492AF0D3EA5ED297AC49E507C8B2A7|
|CF4CC8B5E76EF2666ECD8627E04639FC00D9AAB9375773E437E57047DBB86C08130|
|180E32436082FA74F35EBB59770FEBEE61DD3314D38B5944AF1FB3BFA19E3EDE85E|
|F1A7CFD69E67566861854457001F670169CA37A01EE19A855AC980195E904D7A9FE|
|206B1A7C8459871E32EF31EF83C115E603D6446B09F1BCA1087AAEB8848870CFC84|
|F9CA5916DE65DE479692E1D7936FD2D7CA3EF98EFC100C58CF13B1BE3DA31A64FAD|
|9CCD728F5A39E33B66B92CA6F79ED2E78D6A332ABBC8A758519FB5CAD9150A7F275|
|FAA7D21F8BE6A5567FC32DE53AD1FDF43ED39EC70BB3A8635D7B0E61AD6FC61EFBF|
|A8BC5975BF5575FF87EE63ACEB1F6C28CC2C|

• 3 months later
On 4/23/2021 at 1:47 PM, HexxenBeast said:

This is my fresh 50 SJ/SR Scrapper. So far love him.

Red Impact: Level 50 Technology Scrapper
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Medicine
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Heavy Blow -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(23), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(31), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 1: Focused Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(5)
Level 2: Focused Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(5)
Level 4: Agile -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11), Rct-ResDam%(11)
Level 6: Sweeping Cross -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dmg(23), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 8: Rib Cracker -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(21), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 10: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(15), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 16: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 18: Spinning Strike -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Rgn-Dmg(21), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(31), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42)
Level 20: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 22: Injection -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A), DflEgo-RecDeb%(50)
Level 24: Aid Self -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 26: Shin Breaker -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Hct-Dam%(27), Hct-Dmg(27), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 28: Lucky -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(29), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(29)
Level 30: Practiced Brawler -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Crushing Uppercut -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(33), Mk'Bit-Dam%(33), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(40), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 35: Evasion -- GifoftheA-Def(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(36), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Combat Readiness -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(45), PrfShf-End%(45)
Level 47: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(48), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(48)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(7), PrfShf-End%(7)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1402;688;1376;HEX;|
|78DA75944B4F13611486BF69A714065ACAB5DC4B8BD0D2D281E2255E3026881A952|
|A52E216C7F66BA98E6DD36284A50B7F837F4051379AF80FDCAA801157EA5E883712|
|2F5113530FF31E4A374ED23C73CE9CDB7B66BEC697A61A1E9FB97D4228EE93A6512|
|ACD279245A35090456D4E26177279339F59167469B332D57FF646C1482E3AC9F4EE|