Problem with Mr. G Badges

iamcreep

Hi, just been trying to work through two badges that seem to have some problems. They are the "Remember their friends" and "Honorary  Bro" badges. within the Mr G arc.

I have completed both requisite arcs from Dean MacArthur and Vincent Ross; collecting the badges associated with those arcs. I did both Dean and Vincent through Ouro since i am lvl 50. I first tried Mr G's arc through Ouro and followed the instructions for the badges via the wiki page. I also went through Mr G's in the normal arc. In both cases, Dean did not come up in the cut scene dialogue and he wouldn't talk to me in-between missions. Also, Vincent was not present anywhere on the map in the fourth mission.  I even tried clicking on all the doors within the mission before taking down the final boss.

Ive tried doing the mission, exiting and relogging, redoing the mission both in regular and through Ouro, etc... still no avail. Any thoughts or anyone have the same problem? 

Thanks in advance.

Hi, from thread last june in Badges section.

Hi, did the three arcs for Mr G by flashback last night and got all the badges so everything is working okay if you do what is needed at the right times.

The wiki for the badge is the one to follow which states:

Do the Macarther arc in its entirity first or you will not get the Mr G stuff for him.

Mr G first arc is (Criminals of War) (Oro flashback in the level 50 section)

You then have to pay attention during the second mission of the first arc of Mr G and see if you get NCP chat from Dean during the mission.

If you do see that then when you exit the mission (Steal a helicopter) AND BEFORE you start the next mission you need to travel to Sharks and talk with Dean who will greet you and pledge to support you later.

YOU GET NO INGAME MESSAGES TO DO THIS WHICH IS WHY IT GETS MISSED!

Then carry on and at the end of the first arc you will get Dean in the cutscene.

If you do not do/see this you will not get Dean to rescue in second arc.

If all is well then run the Second arc for Mr G (Sweeps Week...) and in the third mission of that section (in the instanced Carnie map with all the tents) you will find Dean as a hostage to be rescued. Do not do the bombs in this mission til you find him as they will complete the mission.

It is real easy to dial back the diff and run these Arcs solo that the whole thing can be done in an hour, all three Mr G arcs with all the badges, so if you do miss something it really is no biggie to restart and rerun. Good luck and enjoy

Hope this helps 👍

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I tried this (screen shot) and showed that i already completed his requisite arc and received the badge. He wont talk to me and i am in-between missions. I double checked and he did not include any dialogue in the mission. This is during an ouro arc since I had the same issue with the normal Mr G route. I redid the entire Dean arc even though i did it before. I even tried talking before the helicopter mission just to make sure and he wouldnt talk with me. I am totally dense and missing the boat?

badge.png

Very likely an oversight with Ouro.  Ouro arcs are treated as Task Forces and generally you can't speak to other contacts during TFs if the mission isn't directing you to do so.  Unfortunately Dean is a contact and his objective is optional so it was likely missed when this story arc was brought to servers.  Keep in mind i24 wasn't finished when the game shut down and QA testing like this might not have occured.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Weirdly I HAVE done this through Ouro and Dean spoke to me and I got the cutscene and the Honorary Bro badge.  So ...hmmm.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Thanks for your responses. Im stumped too. It should work and I did try Mr G through a normal mission path and not through Ouro. Dean didnt come up. 

Darmian, did you do the Dean and Vincent arcs through Ouro or as a normal contact before Mr G?

Now that I think about it I had done Dean's arc normally but I missed his text when I went through the caves.  Then I redid it with ouro and there it was.  Had to go to him in person because I couldn't call him, but it worked.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

And now I have run into an issue myself! Just did the Mr. G rescue Transmuter and the gang...twice.  No War Criminal badge.  Now, I got this on an alt so I'm a bit confused.  The only difference is that this alt is of Praetorian origin so the option to bargain with Sanders doesn't happen, he just fights you.  Any suggestions?

Ok, did it again and got it.  Literally the only thing I did differently this time was to let the fight with Alito play out before going up to the rooftop.  No idea if that actually made any difference though. And as per above, did this through ouro, visited Dean in between the missions in person and got the Honorary Sis badge.

• Like 1

Hi all, i ended up having go through Dean's Arc through Ouro completely again twice. I already had completed it and had the badge for his arc. When i redid the arc through the first time he wasnt showing up on my screen as a contact. I relogged and then re did the arc again. For some reason it then worked. I also redid Vince's arc completely again (after having already done it with badges) and for some reason that worked. No clue but finally did it.  I bet it has something to do with doing the requisite arcs through ouro. Cheers.

I've requested (and had the HCwiki updated re my ex-Praetorian experience, since if you have started as Praetorian and done the Olympian Guard arc then Anders just won't talk to you, he already hates your guts, so it's fight time and no bargaining.