MCU thoughts and theory-crafting

This thread is created for a discussion of possible future Marvel Cinematic Universe stories, themes, content, characters, etc.  This is the MCU as a whole.  Other threads will, of course, drill down to specific works, like the current WandaVision thread.

Please remember to use the spoiler feature (eyeball in the toolbar) to hide any text related to recent Marvel releases, including news reports.  I'd personally define "recent" as anything after July 2019, when Spiderman: Far From Home was released, ending Phase 3 of the MCU.  If you've not seen content before August 2019, here is your warning that you may be spoiled by open discussion of earlier works.

Please feel free to contribute new topics as well as answer posted ones.

A question to start things off:  The end of Guardians of the Galaxy, vol. 2 strongly implied that we're going to get Adam Warlock in the MCU.  But the gem to which he's famously connected is no more (supposedly).  How do you think they'll deal with this apparent discrepancy?

Edited by Techwright

I am a big Adam Warlock fan so I hope he appears.  Given that they had Stark create Ultron, I don't think they are concerned with matching the comics.  They would just make Adam Warlock.

I am hoping that Kang is the big bad of this next era and they use Kang to merge universes and blend timelines so they can add in the X-Men and make other movies also part of the MCU but not in the same universe or timeline.

13 hours ago, Haijinx said:

I was kind of hoping for a couple more Netflix seasons of some of the MCU shows 

While I'm not sure of the Netflix guys reasons for cancelling, all TV MCU efforts prior to Disney Plus were orphaned by Kevin Feige at some point after the movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier.  Up to that point, they'd been given advanced information to aid their writing, and keep it canon to the movie MCU. The writers for Agents of SHIELD, for example were told Thanos was coming to Earth, but big whoop, so was everyone else.  They were NOT, however, told of the outcome of the Infinity War movie, and as a result had an entirely different outcome in their show, effectively creating an alternate universe.

All that to say this, Feige and Co. for some reason abandoned the TV shows and wouldn't even use their characters in movie big fight sequences.  So unfortunately, they're unlikely to return.

That said, Disney Plus gave us the much needed 7th season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, so miracles can happen.

2 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Disney bought Marvel,

Thus the Netflix style/Darker grittier MCU with real character development and more street level story telling is probably done 

I tend to agree but with them connecting Starz (or whatever it is called) to Disney + we may get back on the gritty path. 

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2021 at 5:48 PM, DougGraves said:

I am a big Adam Warlock fan so I hope he appears.  Given that they had Stark create Ultron, I don't think they are concerned with matching the comics.  They would just make Adam Warlock.

I am hoping that Kang is the big bad of this next era and they use Kang to merge universes and blend timelines so they can add in the X-Men and make other movies also part of the MCU but not in the same universe or timeline.

Wasn't Adam Warlock teased at the end of GoTG 2?   Not sure what they'd have him do since Thanos is gone now.

2 hours ago, ZacKing said:

Wasn't Adam Warlock teased at the end of GoTG 2?   Not sure what they'd have him do since Thanos is gone now.

Adam Warlock started as Him and then became Adam Warlock.  He had a life without Thanos.

They might also go the Magus route with the evil version.

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

Adam Warlock started as Him and then became Adam Warlock.  He had a life without Thanos.

They might also go the Magus route with the evil version.

Yeah I know about Him.   he was mentioned by name as Adam in GoTG2