New Powerset Suggestion : Earth Affinity. (Support Set)

Darkneblade

I kind of write this. But it looks like manipulation set instead of support set lol. Anyway.

Earth Affinity

Tier 1 : Earth Block : Summon Earth Block
Minion level HP.  Can resist smash/lethal damage a bit. Can obstruct hallways or similarly cramped spaces. Higher threat level.
When destroyed it will cause small landslide that does knockdown patch with slow aura. You can destroy it early to cause landslide. Small radius though.

Tier 2 : Earth Pit : Ranged (Location AoE), Target -Speed, -Def, -Damage, -Fly  
You open a pit of earth that does slow foes. Similar to tar patch. Causes -Damage and -Def.

Tier 3 : Quake Feet: Toggle : Foe -To hit -Def, Chance to knockdown, Chance to stun.
You cause small earthquakes with every step as long as you are on ground. Resulting earthquakes can cause foes to slip and fall.
Sometimes they even cause vertigo stunning them momentarily.

Tier 4 : Geoward : Click : Team +Absorb +Recovery, +Res to Regen/Recovery.
You draw small lifeforce out of Earth to nourish and protect you and your team.

Tier 5 : Tunnel : Toggle : Self Phase, Only affect Self.  Team +Def to all but psi. Foe Knockdown, -Damage.
You burrow into Earth to make yourself invulnerable and protect your team as long as they step onto earth marks.
Foes that step into earth marks will slip and fall instead. Earth marks only last 10 seconds or so. It will automatically deactive this power if you are not moving.
It will automatically deactive after 30 seconds too.

Tier 6 : Seismic Sense : Toggle :PBAoE Team +Defense to all. +Perception, +To hit.
As long as you are on ground you can sense vibrations and provide protection for teammates.

Tier 7 : Earth Cage : Ranged ST Hold.
You hold foe using nothing but Earth.

Tier 8 : Burrow/Ascend : PBAoE Self Teleport, Summon Landslide, High Smash Damage, Foe -Def, Stun
You burrow into ground to teleport targeted location. Exploding out of Earth to deal damage.

Tier 9 : Terraform: Ranged (Location AoE)  Team : +Res to all but psi, Immobilize, Stun, Slow. | Foe : -Speed, -Res, Chance to knockdown.
You terraform the Earth to provide protection for allies and debuff your foes.

I may need help with Lame/Overpowered powers. So this is just a prototype.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Darkneblade said:

Tier 1 : Earth Block : Summon Earth Block
Minion level HP.  Can resist smash/lethal damage a bit. Can obstruct hallways or similarly cramped spaces. Higher threat level.
When destroyed it will cause small landslide that does knockdown patch with slow aura. You can destroy it early to cause landslide. Small radius though.

I really like this idea in particular of summoning a "dummy". Something like this:

image.thumb.png.b41c57ec9e2a5e90146679e1f260dc1f.png

A rock that is summoned that is about the size of ~2 normal characters that has a low-mag taunt aura could be something super fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galaxy Brain said:

I really like this idea in particular of summoning a "dummy". Something like this:

Yeah, some interesting ideas...  But as the OP says, it feels more like a controller set than a defender set.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Having a bit of conrol isn't out of the ordinary for Support sets.  Look at Dark Miasma or Storm Summoning.  So long as it isn't a carbon copy of the actual Earth Control then you're on to something.

It needs some smoothing out around the edges but otherwise a fun, thematic, and powerful set.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

The d&d nerd in me wants seismic sense renamed to tremorsense. That is all.

• Like 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

I haven’t looked at the power propositions in depth but (1) totally agree we need more earth sets or epic pools. That element clearly gets the shaft. Also (2) can we avoid “affinity” in yet another powerset name and mix it up a hair?