Air Superiority - No KB Sets?

Panache

Apologies if this is the wrong forum and/or this is a dead horse, but...is there any particular reason that Air Superiority doesn’t accept Knockback set enhancements? The power description reads “0.75 knockup” as opposed to the usual “0.67 knockback”, so I’m guessing that’s the issue. Just seems a little odd.

Edited by Panache

I was all set to say because it's knockup, not knock(back/down), but every other knockup power I can think of off the top of my head (Lift, Levitate, Knockout Blow, Mass Levitate... okay, and Tornado, but that does both) takes knockback enhancements that increase the magnitude of knockup, so... /em shrug

• Like 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

5 minutes ago, Placta said:

I was all set to say because it's knockup, not knock(back/down), but every other knockup power I can think of off the top of my head (Lift, Levitate, Knockout Blow, Mass Levitate... okay, and Tornado, but that does both) takes knockback enhancements that increase the magnitude of knockup, so... /em shrug

Because I think Air Superiority's interpretation of that effect is unique. All the other "knock up" powers seem to just be knockback with a vertical vector, when you consider how the targets of those powers ragdoll like a normal knockback effect would achieve. AirS, however, forces the mob affected to do a flip in place with an entirely separate animation.

I'm not sure if this was the reason it was excluded, since it's technically not knockback, but it's something to consider.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

24 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

Because I think Air Superiority's interpretation of that effect is unique. All the other "knock up" powers seem to just be knockback with a vertical vector, when you consider how the targets of those powers ragdoll like a normal knockback effect would achieve. AirS, however, forces the mob affected to do a flip in place with an entirely separate animation.

I'm not sure if this was the reason it was excluded, since it's technically not knockback, but it's something to consider.

The animation is basically the same as the one that plays when a hovering/flying character gets hit with KB, so there must be some kind of special tag that I’m not aware of.

42 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

Stone Spears from Earth Assault also defaults to the "flip over" knockdown, and it can take KB enhancements and sets.

I think a bettee interpretation is what Air Superiority is meant to do.  That knock-up effect doesn't apply if you use it on a flying target (unless i'm misremembering).  The power is meant to slam a flying foe into the ground.  I assume the bounce is there just to make the power more impactful on the ground but the percieved intended use is to throw someone to the ground rather than just simply smash them into the pavement.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.