Auto fill email

MsSmart

This is just a QoL suggestion...

Most of my emailing is to myself to transfer goods between alts, so I figure why not have the default send to field be yourself (just as it is done for merit transfers for example), and also remove the forceful requirement to write something in the content of the email; after all I am sending it to myself!

As I said, its a QoL, which would save me quite a bit of time.

If I want to send the email to somebody else, I just over-write my name with the desired address, no additional work from what we already do.

Hugs

Sue

I rarely email anything, because anything you would normally email could be converted to something more valuable and sold, or stored in base.

Merits: convert, market $$$, laugh like a madperson

Recipes: craft and store or sell.

Salvage: sell all white and yellow, storage for orange, or sell

Enhance drops: sell all, because generic IOs are cheaper and never expire

Special drops (catalyst, unslotter, +1): storage

Inf: this is the only thing to email, and if you drop a fast email to your one crafter/shopper, say every 10+mill inf, that's maybe 1 email on an alt a week?

If you're emailing things all over, it's fine, but you're really chasing extra work for yourself. It's a bit like using a chisel and stone tablet in the age of the modern computer.

Send yourself an email but with nothing attached to it and leave it forevermore at the top of your inbox. Then hit reply to that email every time you want to send yourself something. All you have to do is attach something and it's good to go, saves a load of time. Now if only you could do multiple attachments per email...

23 hours ago, parabola said:

Send yourself an email but with nothing attached to it and leave it forevermore at the top of your inbox. Then hit reply to that email every time you want to send yourself something. All you have to do is attach something and it's good to go, saves a load of time. Now if only you could do multiple attachments per email...

I sent myself an e-mail like that but with an inspiration attached -- I leave it in my e-mail to use for quick replies to myself, but also because as long as the inspiration remains, I know they're not deleting e-mails.  It's very old now and if it ever goes away I know immediately to claim anything sitting in e-mail that might get deleted.

On 3/3/2021 at 9:48 AM, SwitchFade said:

I rarely email anything, because anything you would normally email could be converted to something more valuable and sold, or stored in base.

Merits: convert, market $$$, laugh like a madperson

Recipes: craft and store or sell.

Salvage: sell all white and yellow, storage for orange, or sell

Enhance drops: sell all, because generic IOs are cheaper and never expire

Special drops (catalyst, unslotter, +1): storage

Inf: this is the only thing to email, and if you drop a fast email to your one crafter/shopper, say every 10+mill inf, that's maybe 1 email on an alt a week?

If you're emailing things all over, it's fine, but you're really chasing extra work for yourself. It's a bit like using a chisel and stone tablet in the age of the modern computer.

Empyrean merits are one thing you can wind up sending tons of emails over if you don’t quite have 50 but want to move things around.

I give away a lot of things to other people, so it would be a slight PITA if the default was my own name.

I think that accommodating both your play style and my play style is probably best accomplished by leaving the default To: as blank, as it currently is.

Who run Bartertown?