Psionic melee scrapper build

nexusj13

I've been going crazy trying to make a new character, I've tried to make another character but always restart for stupid reasons like if the secondary is to cluttered visually, or will it really benefit a damage dealer., I have been looking at Dark Armor, and it seems to have a lot going for it, but would it be good for a AT that's meant to do a lot of damage, is it good for soloing? I'm hoping for any advice for Dark Armor, or really any secondary that would work well, and hopefully look nice on a psi melee character.

Dark Armor is good for everything, including on scrappers, and looks sweet with Psi. Go for it. Decide if you want full fluffball or toned-down visuals in the costume editor. The Dark Noir and coloring options can lead to a lot of good results. I'm pretty sure that Psi/Dark is good on ANY AT

There are MANY threads around which will talk you through Psi/, /DA, and Psi/DA - including in other forums like Sentinel where you might also pick up some tips, even though the implementations are somewhat different.

Lots of excellent ways to tune /DA for looks, and it's a solid secondary - classic top-tier scrapper territory.

As an alternative, Psi pairs very well with /SD - and the "Energy" shield pretty much looks like it belongs with the Psi attacks if you make them the same color.  Bonus: Shield Charge is both a revelation on Scrappers and bolsters one of Psi's pain points.

Which is not meant to dissuade you rolling Psi/DA, as that's got nice synergy with Psi/ as well.  I just mention /SD in the event that part of your frustration with the looks of secondaries has been the heavier visual effects - which /SD doesn't really have.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

I'm personally partial to dark armor, it's a set that has many defensive layers and it really shines with the help of a primary with active dmg mitigation. Another serious contender would be rad since rad pairs well with pretty much everything. Shield looks good too. All in all Dark Armor would be my top choice

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

I have a psi/da at 50 and it is a great deal of fun...so many ways to control the battle besides just defeating everything straight out. 

It is true what the say about damage being not the greatest vs robots but there are lots of other things to fight.