Have AH allow for price decrease

MsSmart

Hi:

Some or many of us Auction House, and when I do use it to sell, I look at the prices listed for the item, I am trying to sell or buy. When selling, at times I go low for a quick sell, but after a few days, I review the market prices and wow, what I thought it was a low price, is well beyond the highest shown!

So if I want to correct the situation, I have to retrieve my item, lose what I paid to put it in consignment, and then pay again to put into consignment again.

In the real life, a person can go to a consignment house and agree to have the sale price lowered, without having to pay the fee again! It would be nice, if the AH would allows us to revise our sell price to fit current market conditions and perhaps overcome deficiencies on what it appears to be AH not being accurate at the price ranges of an item.

hugs

Sue

• Like 2

I'm against this idea. All you have to do to lower the price now is take it down, eat the half fee for listing, and repost. This is not too much, and it incentivizes us to not set our asking prices too high. Measure once, cut twice. Measure twice, cut once.

However, I could see something like this, but only if we paid the full 10% fee of our first listing price, up front, immediately. If it were then to sell for more, then we pay the additional fee on the difference between the sold and asking price. If later, we lower the price and it then sells for less, there is no refund on the initial fee paid. Otherwise, this could be exploited.

What I would most like to see is a time limit on market postings, even if very long. Such as, if six months after a bid or ask is posted, it hasn't filled, it is automatically cancelled, possibly with a full fee refund. This is probably too much trouble though, since people store influence in the market with bids that can't (or probably won't) be satisfied, and the possibility that any auto-cancelled bid would run the character over the Inf cap would have to be dealt with.

• Like 1

The real solution here isn't to remove the listing fee (which improves market liquidity by discouraging delisting) but instead to fix the damn AH display bugs so people can see an accurate price in the first place.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Pretty sure this is all by design to function as an INF sink.  I mean, this happens to me too and it galls me to find out something's been sitting for sale on some forgotten toon for months and still hasn't sld, but ultimately this doesn't affect my bottom line all that much, and the game needs INF sinks anyway.

(Also, not to playstyle-shame here, but are there players who never use the market?)

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 3 weeks later
On 3/12/2021 at 6:21 PM, Grouchybeast said:

The real solution here isn't to remove the listing fee (which improves market liquidity by discouraging delisting) but instead to fix the damn AH display bugs so people can see an accurate price in the first place.

I could not agree more, that is why I suggested this band aid

18 hours ago, MsSmart said:

I could not agree more, that is why I suggested this band aid

The way it functions, it functions as an inf sink. I'd rather they not get rid of one of the few inf sinks we have in the economy, and I'd rather they just outright fix the AH bugs and display issues.

• Like 1