Costume Options Enemy Groups

Thought it would be cool to have some of the costume options that are only available during events, or maybe they could be added to superhero/villain, rogue, and winter decks on the market.  A simple example was the Vahzilok Eidolon. parts of that custom are in the creator but the mask certainly wasn't.  Because that group caps out at level 15 or 25 (don't remember off hand) i was trying to re-create level 50 versions in AE and noticed that a lot of custom options that enemy groups have aren't available to players.  Whether it's cards, or something purchased by the tailor etc, more enemy costume options would be fun. I don't know the logistics but think it should be in the framework of what's already available.  

• Like 2

This is a topic that I find myself troubled over, and this is why:

While I like the idea of more costume choices, I abhor having players and pets looking like the enemy group we are fighting! When I play a support type, its the OMG enemy at melee range right on me panic moment (I am sure the player who did this, it was their intent solely to produce my reaction) and instead of healing and buffing a player, I am ducking and evading to survive what would probably be a lethal attack. When I play melee, I have to run to get next to the mob and deal justice, and I especially pay attention to any threats to my support, and find out it was a player or player pet! (Oh yeah so funny, not!).

So the problem, doing costume like the enemies is counter-productive to the team.

Sue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsSmart said:

This is a topic that I find myself troubled over, and this is why:

While I like the idea of more costume choices, I abhor having players and pets looking like the enemy group we are fighting! When I play a support type, its the OMG enemy at melee range right on me panic moment (I am sure the player who did this, it was their intent solely to produce my reaction) and instead of healing and buffing a player, I am ducking and evading to survive what would probably be a lethal attack. When I play melee, I have to run to get next to the mob and deal justice, and I especially pay attention to any threats to my support, and find out it was a player or player pet! (Oh yeah so funny, not!).

So the problem, doing costume like the enemies is counter-productive to the team.

Sue

I understand your concerns, some people might want to play the double agent, or a reformed version of that enemy group. I’m actually more interested in character design in AE character creation for this particular suggestion, but I can see some

of these event like custom pieces being sought after.  I think I put the suggestion in the AE form a while ago, The ability edit an enemy mob so that it could maintain original appearance but have custom powers. To further that it would be cool if those custom powers like buzzsaw etc could be used with the custom characters power pool choices. Would need some limits of course but would be neat. 

i was playing my level 11 yesterday and came across that arc where you play the solo mission as deadlock and beat up back ally brawler. That small power tray had some fun stuff in it. Anyways I’m sidetracking here. 

I do have a "close as I can reasonbly get" Malta Gunslinger costume on a redside character.

It's not perfect. But at first glance, yea, I could see people mistaking him for one. 

He is shorter than most mobs though, only like 5' 6" compared to most enemies being at *least* six feet tall. 

I've always wanted access to misc costume parts like the Crey Agent cybertech parts on their face, or some of the Knives of Artemis goggles, etc. 

To say nothing of misc pieces from the PPD Shell / PPD Hard Suits.

I mean . . . if someone can get /costume_ignore up and running, then it should (theoretically) not be too much of a stretch to also set up a /unignore_NPC_costume command too.  Then set that to default as flagging the NPC costume pieces as invisible/defaulted while worn by a player-character.  Hence preventing new players from getting confusing visual information while simultaneously allowing all players the opportunity to finally get what we truly need.  

More Options is Best Options!

It’s not hard to hit tab and see the difference between a player and a enemy group. It’s actually nearly impossible to confuse the two. If you do target your teammate you’ll simply attack their target. Silliness. They give some of these options during events already. 

8 hours ago, Incursion said:

They give some of these options during events already. 

I won a Ring Mistress costume in a costume comp, and you bet I turn it on whenever I'm on a team fighting Carnies :-)

• Like 3

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

6 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

I won a Ring Mistress costume in a costume comp, and you bet I turn it on whenever I'm on a team fighting Carnies 🙂

Likewise. 

I just wish that it provided "invisibility" to the faction that matched the costume. It would be GREAT to be able to use the Carnie costume to not aggro carnies while it was toggled on. 

• Like 1