Suggestion: please deemphasize the low level arcs

6 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Yeah no. The old mission arcs also need to be cleaned up. With some gutted and new ones added.

I really don't see why. There's no "need" to do that, especially when (as we've already established) people grind to level 20 via DFB/DiB in order to get to level 20.

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

1 hour ago, Herotu said:

I really don't see why. There's no "need" to do that, especially when (as we've already established) people grind to level 20 via DFB/DiB in order to get to level 20.

Again, if you want people to stop skipping the content, the content needs to be worth looking at.  If it wasn't a good story the first time, it sure as hell won't be enjoyable the 15th.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Herotu said:

See the next post right after you posted this. That says all I need to say.

4 hours ago, Herotu said:

There's no "need" to do that, especially when (as we've already established) people grind to level 20 via DFB/DiB in order to get to level 20.

Some people (maybe most people) do - but not everyone.  All of my solo toons work their way through low level content because its just not fun otherwise.

Also, the very last thing we need to do with this game is to emphasize grinding and speed leveling.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

16 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Some people (maybe most people) do - but not everyone.  All of my solo toons work their way through low level content because its just not fun otherwise.

Also, the very last thing we need to do with this game is to emphasize grinding and speed leveling.

Even if the developers blow a tonne of their precious time adjusting these arcs so they're perfect, will people like you still skip them because they/you already did them on lots of other characters? Nobody knows. So fixing these is a gamble on the part of the developers.

What I'm reading here are words like "needs", when it seems that adjustments to these arcs are very much non-essential.

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

3 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Again, if you want people to stop skipping the content, the content needs to be worth looking at.  If it wasn't a good story the first time, it sure as hell won't be enjoyable the 15th.

Only speaking for myself, but even a good story isn't going to get me to run the same thing 20 times or more.  Maybe if there's badges needed for accolades I might.  beyond that, I'll skip it.

18 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

I don't think we need to be criminalizing it either.  If that's what people want to do because they find it fun, let them.  

• Like 1

Yes, I do not want to remove any road to leveling for people.   I just would like to show people that there are other things to do at low levels.  And really this applies to higher levels as well.  There are contacts that are just getting ignored because of the ease of other avenues.  If those old story arc contacts were given the same emphasis then at least a new player has more choice in how they progress their hero.