Darkness/?

ceto555

On 4/4/2021 at 10:09 AM, 5099y_74c05 said:

Dark/Time goes well together but /Time, /Kin, or /Rad are the only three sets that have +Rech Powers.

In addition, /Storm can generally manage to get a good amount of reliable +Recharge if slotting Force Feedback in both Tornado and LS, though spamming Storm powers is kinda harsh on Endurance. You can even go full-out Force Feedback assault on the blue bar by slotting it and a Sudden Acceleration into Gale.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Coyote said:

In addition, /Storm can generally manage to get a good amount of reliable +Recharge if slotting Force Feedback in both Tornado and LS, though spamming Storm powers is kinda harsh on Endurance. You can even go full-out Force Feedback assault on the blue bar by slotting it and a Sudden Acceleration into Gale.

That's along the lines of how I have my Dark/Storm slotted, Gale with an Accuracy, a KB:KD and FF+Rech, Tornado slotted with 4x Expedient Reinforcement (6.25 +rech) a KB:KD and a FF+Rech, and Lightning Storm with 5x Apoc (10% global recharge) and a KB:KD.  On top of that, I took Fissure and put an FF+Rech in that.  Tornado almost always procs the FF+Rech, and between Gale/Fissure, I can usually stack duration to where I'm consistently above 200% recharge in combat.   

All that said, perma-Haunt is kind of an oddball goal when the same effort nets you 3x Lightning Storms and perma-Tornadoes.  Put it another way, I'm much happier when the cloud icon regains color than I am when the same happens for the little dudes icon.  

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Think of Haunt sort of like a shorter duration Fire Imps or Gremlins. They're worth recasting when they are up but not usually worth investing a lot of time in protecting. It's almost better to think of them as blast powers that happen to be able to briefly distract an enemy or two rather than "pets."

As for Dark Control secondaries, I agree /Storm is hot. With /Storm you essentially get a Dominator (minus mezz protection, but you can fix that) after level 40 or so that can play at range or hover, or hop in to mezz groups. Spamming Tornado triggers the +100% Recharge proc for lower recharge times on key control powers. 

If you can somehow sneak the Teleport pool into the mix, you can use it to Combat Teleport in for Thunderclap/Heart of Darkness (for a Mag 5 total Stun, stunning bosses). Fold Space can also be effective here. The combo of Lighting Storm/Tornado/Haunt/Doggie/Freezing Rain on a tightly packed group is beautiful.

Endurance costs can be an issue with /Storm, so ready yourself for that.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1

Thanks for adding fuel to my altitis @oedipus_tex lol

• Haha 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I forgot to mention this dirty trick.

If you Hover and use Fold Space, enemies will teleport to you and fall straight down. You can then spray cone powers straight down with a reasonable chance of hitting everything. When used indoors the camera angles can get dicey, but it works well outside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1