Bad Casting

Techwright

Let's have a bit of fun.  Cast "bad" but hopefully inspired choices for movies that are well-known, and hopefully we can compare notes.  You need not list every part.

Example: The Hobbit Trilogy

Bilbo Baggins - Charlie Chaplain
12 dwarves - the Keystone Kops
Gandalf - David Niven
Thorin Oakenshield - Richard Burton
Smaug - Boris Karloff
Gollum - Peter Lorre
The Elf King (Thranduil) - Basil Rathbone
Bard the Bowman - Errol Flynn
Elrond - Fred Astaire
Mayor of Laketown - Charles Laughton
Bert, Tom, and William (the Trolls) - The Three Stooges
Dain Ironfoot - Edward G. Robinson

So, on to you folks.  To start you off, either cast your own bad-but-inspired choices in The Hobbit Trilogy, or The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later
On 4/9/2021 at 1:23 AM, Sakai said:

Can totally picture Peter Lorre as Golum. Thank you for that giggle. 

Was gonna say, he'd be a natural.  Plus, Boris Karloff as Smaug would have been much more menacing, IMO.

....um, Scatman Crothers as Legolas?  Yes?  No?  Too far too soon?

On 5/18/2021 at 6:52 AM, TheOtherTed said:

Was gonna say, he'd be a natural.  Plus, Boris Karloff as Smaug would have been much more menacing, IMO.

....um, Scatman Crothers as Legolas?  Yes?  No?  Too far too soon?

That...is crazy, and inspired.  It's almost like you're starting to make a The Wiz version of Lord of the Rings.  😁

• 2 weeks later
On 6/1/2021 at 4:07 PM, RagManX1 said:

Rowan Atkinson as Iron Man

But which Rowan Atkinson?  If you're talking about Mr. Bean, sure, but 4th season Blackadder (excuse me - series, not season) would just be a slightly more ironic and sarcastic Robert Downey Jr.

On 6/4/2021 at 7:48 AM, TheOtherTed said:

But which Rowan Atkinson?  If you're talking about Mr. Bean, sure, but 4th season Blackadder (excuse me - series, not season) would just be a slightly more ironic and sarcastic Robert Downey Jr.

I totally see WWI Blackadder as Tony Stark. 👍

Muppets cast:  bad but inspired in the roles?

Sam the American Eagle as, what else?...Captain America (Steve Rogers version)

Gonzo as Ironthingy, er, Ironman.  Which makes Camilla Chicken as Pepper Pots

Miss Piggy as Scarlet Witch, which makes Kermit as Vision, and Link Hogthrob as Quicksilver

Janice as Black Widow

Animal as Hulk, Benson Honeydew as Bruce Banner

Skeeter as Hawkeye

Fozzie Bear as Antman

Rowlf the Dog as Black Panther

Pepe the King Prawn as Thor, okay?

Rizzo the Rat as Falcon

Beaker as Winter Soldier

Crazy Harry as Loki

Sweetums as Nick Fury

• 2 weeks later

I had an interesting conversation with my sister today and we were discussing the fact Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth refused to play Captain Kirk in the next Star Wars...oops....Star Trek movie so who should play Captain Kirk...i thought Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and my sister shouted NO before giggling her ass off...then i said Chris Platt (Quill - Guardians of the Galaxy) she again said no he is under contract for the next 2 GotG movies...so i am out of ideas...who do you think should be the next Captain Kirk?...my sister had a wonderful idea...and i am still giggling about it...WIL WHEATON!!!

What do you think?

All time world champion.  John Wayne as Genghis Khan.

Spoiler

• Thanks 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

1 hour ago, FeliciaDivine said:

I had an interesting conversation with my sister today and we were discussing the fact Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth refused to play Captain Kirk in the next Star Wars...oops....Star Trek movie so who should play Captain Kirk...i thought Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and my sister shouted NO before giggling her ass off...then i said Chris Platt (Quill - Guardians of the Galaxy) she again said no he is under contract for the next 2 GotG movies...so i am out of ideas...who do you think should be the next Captain Kirk?...my sister had a wonderful idea...and i am still giggling about it...WIL WHEATON!!!

What do you think?

For worst?  I think Wil would get the joke.  I'm now thinking I'd genuinely like to see him take the Kirk role in a fan production.  Might be interesting.

I suppose it would depend on what age they want to portray Kirk.  If they want to match Chris Pine's age, then maybe Stephen Amell (Green Arrow).  He'll certainly have the physicality for the role.  Of course, that leans more towards good casting.  If you want a bit younger and a bit more towards bad but inspired casting:  Tom Felton.  He's got good acting chops, and the blond hair, but is going to be a Brit affecting a Midwest American accent, and he doesn't quite have that Kirk look.

• Like 1