Inexperienced scrapper looking make a hardcore MoITF scrapper build - feedback appreciated

EnjoyTheJourney

The following build is meant to be tough enough to stand up to +4x8 Cims (solo or in teams) and to also do very good damage (ST and AOE). Power and incarnate choices were selected with that goal in mind. 

But, intentions may not match up to reality. So, by all means tear this build apart at the seams and make it better. Or, provide alternative claw builds with a different secondary / epic / patron picks that would rock the Cims in "1 death = failure" MoITF runs (ie: hardcore). 

Thank you in advance for any help provided!

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Witchclaw: Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Claws
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Sorcery
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strike -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(13), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Hct-Acc/Rchg(15), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(15)
Level 1: Focused Fighting -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(3), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(3), Rct-Def/Rchg(5), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Rct-ResDam%(7)
Level 2: Focused Senses -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(7), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def(11), RedFrt-EndRdx(11)
Level 4: Slash -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(17), TchofDth-Dam%(17), TchofLadG-%Dam(23), GldStr-%Dam(25), AchHee-ResDeb%(48)
Level 6: Spin -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(25), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Arm-Dam%(29), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(31)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(37), GldStr-%Dam(37), Hct-Dam%(40), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(43)
Level 10: Practiced Brawler -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Agile -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 18: Focus -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(19), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Apc-Dam%(21), GldJvl-Dam%(23)
Level 20: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-ResDam(45), GldArm-3defTpProc(46), GldArm-End/Res(46)
Level 24: Weave -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(45), ShlWal-Def(45), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(34)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 28: Lucky -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46), Ksm-ToHit+(48)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Shockwave -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34)
Level 35: Evasion -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(40), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(42), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(42), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(42), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(43), GssSynFr--Build%(43)
Level 44: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(50), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(50), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(31), Mrc-Rcvry+(31)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(34), PwrTrns-+Heal(36)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Phantom Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Rebirth Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

6 hours ago, Haijinx said:

The guassians chance for build up probably will be a lot better in follow up than tactics in a build that's meant to solo the TF.

It does work great in tactics on teams though.

I hadn't thought of that. But, you're absolutely right. Thank you for pointing this out. 

It also seems that the kismet +acc IO is only needed if tactics won't be run, as otherwise accuracy seems to be in a good place. That slot can become a sixth slot in shockwave, with a damage IO being placed in the sixth slot. 

Claws is normally a very good damage set, but don't the dark dwarfs and some of the cims resist lethal?  Maybe a more exotic primary would be better?

EDIT:  After researching this it appears I am probably wrong and misremembering.

Edited by Obsinious
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Obsinious said:

Claws is normally a very good damage set, but don't the dark dwarfs and some of the cims resist lethal?  Maybe a more exotic primary would be better?

EDIT:  After researching this it appears I am probably wrong and misremembering.

IIRC EBs and AVs resist lethal, but not more than other non-exotic damage types. 

I don't know if SR would be the right secondary for this since your lack of a heal will start to hurt a lot when you finally get to the fight against Rom. Those autohit nictus will be a real challenge for SR, not impossible without good preparation - but potentially a different secondary would be more comfortable overall.

I've actually done this before on a claws/fire brute. There is definitely something to be said in high damage being extremely useful against cims due to their insane cascading defense. There will also be some parts during this TF (namely the kheldian ambushes) where just having a barrier incarnate ready to go and a lot of damage to back it up proved to be extremely effective. I can see claws/sr cruising through quite a bit of the mobs, but just having difficulty in the final fight.

Edited by Ratch_

25 minutes ago, Ratch_ said:

I don't know if SR would be the right primary for this since your lack of a heal will start to hurt a lot when you finally get to the fight against Rom. Those autohit nictus will be a real challenge for SR, not impossible without good preparation - but potentially a different secondary would be more comfortable overall.

I've actually done this before on a claws/fire brute. There is definitely something to be said in high damage being extremely useful against cims due to their insane cascading defense. There will also be some parts during this TF (namely the kheldian ambushes) where just having a barrier incarnate ready to go and a lot of damage to back it up proved to be extremely effective. I can see claws/sr cruising through quite a bit of the mobs, but just having difficulty in the final fight.

Pretty sure you can build pretty much any scrapper to survive a Master run.  But the one thing about Cimerorans that really works in SR's favor is their defense debuffing.  You'll never notice it provided your DDR is where it should be.  Just about everyone else has to figure out how to deal with getting defense  debuffed.  But yes your Achilles heel will be that autohit Nictus.  Rebirth is probably your best answer to a lack of self heal (and inspires) and I'll leave others with more experience in how to deal with the Nictus for advice there.

21 hours ago, Ratch_ said:

I don't know if SR would be the right secondary for this since your lack of a heal will start to hurt a lot when you finally get to the fight against Rom. Those autohit nictus will be a real challenge for SR, not impossible without good preparation - but potentially a different secondary would be more comfortable overall.

This feedback seems completely on point. It's clear that another secondary could offer more damage, and damage is the key to doing well in MoITFs (hardcore or otherwise). I've also heard from experienced MoITF players that -res stacking and degen are keys to quick and successful runs, neither of which SR helps with at all. Apparently TW / Bio / Blaze is a very good combo because you can stack damage and debuffs higher that way. Claws / Bio / Blaze is probably also reasonable, even though -res can't be stacked quite as high. 

I already have this scrapper at 50 and I like playing him. He'll probably do better than fine in most content if built well. Feedback here is helping with that, so thank you. 

Like I said above I think any scrapper can be built to solo the ITF.  That said Bio wouldn't be my first choice and on a solo Master run in particular.  You will get defense debuffed hard and frequently by Cimerorans and when it happens you'll risk going into cascade defense failure with scary speed.  One thing that will help would be to try and keep your defense above 45%, low 50's or so particularly as you aggro a new spawn and take their alpha.  That way the first hit won't immediately drop you below the softcap and your chances will go from roughly 1 in 10 debuffing you (taking accuracy into account) off the cap to 1 in 100 since it'll take a pair of hits to start stripping defense off the cap.  This in turn will give you time to use inspires, movement, powers, and/or the debuff to wear off hopefully heading off problems before they start.

Claws has enough places to slot the various -resist procs and hopefully when teaming the team will bring the debuffs.  And when solo you'll need a way to keep Rommy from turning into a track star, he loves to run.

Good luck.