[Beta] Patch Notes for April 24th, 2021

Jimmy

• City Council
1 minute ago, Troo said:

Was the intention to eliminate accolades that were earned and make them available less than 50% of the time? No it wasn't.

Go to another zone. 100% availabilty at all times. Or run one of the missions in the zone, that are now available up to level 50 - they all reward accolades for free, 100% of the time. The Siren's Call power vendors don't have 100% availability, and that was a conscious choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Faultline said:

Go to another zone. 100% availabilty at all times. Or run one of the missions in the zone, that are now available up to level 50 - they all reward accolades for free, 100% of the time.

No one should have to find a workaround to an issue created by the devs. Simply dropping an arena vendor fixes it.

• Sad 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• City Council
14 minutes ago, Troo said:

No one should have to find a workaround to an issue created by the devs. Simply dropping an arena vendor fixes it.

Not going to happen, an Arena vendor would not match the lore of the zone. With the addition of a PVP Helicopter connecting all the zones on top of the hospital, the vendor you need is one loading screen away. The Siren's Call vendors are part of the zone minigame and will not be permanently unlocked. This is not an issue, this is a minor inconvenience at best, in line with having to go to a trainer to train.

17 minutes ago, Troo said:

Engaging with players is a sarcastic and snarky manner is simply poor form and sends mixed messages.

Telling other players that they're wrong when in fact they are not is also poor form. Just because you don't like something, it doesn't mean it's wrong and needs changing. I made the accolade additions to the Siren's Call vendors, and for a time I toyed with unlocking them, but decided against it in order to preserve the minigame of the zone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow. What a dev.

Troo is right. Vendors were added to zone and one should have been added there as well. Chalk it up to an oversight or simply someone doesn't know how it works.

PvP Zone Vendors (All PvP Zones)

Added vendors selling the Arena temporary powers (which are now usable in PvP zones)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Eye witness accounts are still evidence. I appreciate your input and I hope more can corroborate. Ultimately, though, the set sounds like it's going to get looked at sooner than later and whatever is decided is going to be temporary either way. As a tester/data analyst, I would rather see live play testing done with it set to 50% that way the developers can have evidence as to how much the set needs to be tuned. Having data to something that isn't representative with their intent will make it more difficult to find the balance point when the revamp comes. It could result in the revamp leaving the set still undertuned, which nobody would want.

Except that this change is not going to promote KM play but rather detract from it. You are not enticing any KM stalkers to play and provide testing data when you further negatively impact an under-performing set. However if you do it when you actually revamp a set you will see a large amount of testing and because you can patch the beta server you can test both iterations at 100% and 50% within it's new set balance without negatively impacting anyone on live who is playing an under-performing set.

• Jimmy locked this topic