So villains have patron pools, but what about praetorians?

Hew

I prefer redside to blueside, by a lot.

Out of my 40 characcters, I think 3-4 may use a Patron Pool.  

A fair number of redsiders will do a Patron Arc. Because merits and story. 

But generally, I prefer my characters to use their OWN powers, not something Sirocco or Captain Mako etc taught them how to do. 

If the characters powers already firmly overlap (ie, Leviathan Mastery for a Water Blaster), I can justify it. 

But also consider;  Patron Pools are 35+.

You CAN get to 35+ as a Praetorian if you never leave praetoria and go straight from Neutropolis to Imperial Underground to Doorman to First Ward and then Night Ward.  

Most will have left for the Rogue Isles or Paragon long before. 

I can't really see any in-game scenario where it would make remote sense to go back and ask dear kind Mother Tillman to root around inside your head.

Or where Praetor Berry could be bothered to spare more than 2 minutes to do anything other than scold you for wasting his time. 

Even my most buy-into-the-gold Responsibility Loyalists would never want to deal with Sinclair for more than absolutely necessary and still feel slightly unclean after.

Just having a hard time seeing storyline how to work these in.

Lore wise I can see the desire for more options but mechanically many of the options we currently have are poor and could do with being looked at. If 5 of the current 8 choices are largely ignorable (as is the case for several AT's), adding extra pools seems like it should wait behind buffing the 5.

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

I could see some of the Night Ward area people being patrons.

The lady with the afro, or the weird mixed up white monster guy thats all cyborgified? Also, what about night ward zombie wizard guy? Or the pendragon? guy with the big sword!

As you can see, I am not good with names.

I would like to see a Praetorian version of epic pools to be available too.  It'll give people reason to go to those zones to open them up with a patron like arc.  Some AT's have great epic pools and some don't and with these ones I'd want them to offer some of what we already can't get. 

Like if we based a pool off of Neuron we'd likely just get another electric pool so I don't want that.  But what I would find interesting if say 5 of the different factions got a pool you could align with.  Carnival of Light pool would be neat, then there'd be something like Knives of Vengeance, maybe the one with the ghouls for a toxic pool and so on.  

Edited by Mezmera